Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Search Update?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yeah. Same. Wondering how negotiations are going and if it had anything to do with bringing his own staff. Funny because we were told the DC was going to be able to pick his staff and that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I thought we were told he would have autonomy to run his defense the way he wanted to run, not exactly pick his defensive assistants.

Semantics, perhaps. But there's a difference there. And ftr, I hope he brings his Navy DL coach and a LB coach of his liking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They might be needing more money.
    Is it ever known for a HC to go to his AD and say, "Hey, we need this dude. So we need $300,000 more to the package"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    My bad did I step on your toes or did you already say that?
    Just proud of myself for guessing something right for once. Nothing personal. My experience helping hire people paid off!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    I thought we were told he would have autonomy to run his defense the way he wanted to run, not exactly pick his defensive assistants.

Semantics, perhaps. But there's a difference there. And ftr, I hope he brings his Navy DL coach and a LB coach of his liking.
    That's the only thing that worries me at this point as far as not hearing something official. I saw or read an interview and I could tell that bringing in some of his own people was important to him. There are three guys that he brought with him to Navy and one of whose positions is redundant with Brock's who we need to coach special teams. Phelps I could do with or without. His LB coach could replace Marve. But that could be the hold up potentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post

This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    Source?

You haven't been on here long enough to know yet, but when IYOK says something that is a source and you can take it to the bank.

vCash
    Sounds good to me!

vCash
    Everything is good with Newberry. Likely to be announced Tuesday.
    You still feeling good about this? Rosie saying it's a wait and see.

Said Newberry spent Friday in Key West and weekend in Vegas. He wants to bring some of his guys (I'm guessing LBs coach and DEs coach ... they been with him a while). Rosie says Newberry went back to Annapolis to ponder on the offer.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    You still feeling good about this? Rosie saying it's a wait and see.

Said Newberry spent Friday in Key West and weekend in Vegas. He wants to bring some of his guys (I'm guessing LBs coach and DEs coach ... they been with him a while). Rosie says Newberry went back to Annapolis to ponder on the offer.
    Yea I do.

vCash
    Yea I do.
    Do you know who he is really wanting to bring with him?

His staff looks a little like a mix of guys at Navy before and his guys, with one of his guys (Norwood) already gone to UCLA.

vCash
    Do you know who he is really wanting to bring with him?

His staff looks a little like a mix of guys at Navy before and his guys, with one of his guys (Norwood) already gone to UCLA.
    He brought PJ Volker & Kevin Downing with him to Navy from Kennesaw. We have room for 1 but if Phelps is coming like I heard then that's it. If Phelps wasn't coming then he could bring both.

vCash
    He brought PJ Volker & Kevin Downing with him to Navy from Kennesaw. We have room for 1 but if Phelps is coming like I heard then that's it. If Phelps wasn't coming then he could bring both.
    That's what concerns me just a little. Both have been with him a while. I'm sure you already know this ... Volker is LBs coach & Downing is DEs. Looks kinda like Downing would be on outside looking in maybe.

vCash
    That's what concerns me just a little. Both have been with him a while. I'm sure you already know this ... Volker is LBs coach & Downing is DEs. Looks kinda like Downing would be on outside looking in maybe.
    Maybe but Downing has coached just about everything on defense & even some offense.

vCash
    I haven't really kept up. How many defensive coaches from Washington State are we hiring?

vCash
    Something to consider with these defensive hires:

The quicker we hire defensive guys, the quicker Gibson & Peterson have to come off the road.

Read between the lines here
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Rosie says Newberry went back to Annapolis to ponder on the offer.
    He went back to Annapolis to sit on his ass & not have to recruit so that Peterson & Gibson can lock up the class

You don't go to Key West & then Starkville for the weekend & then not take the job
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I haven't really kept up. How many defensive coaches from Washington State are we hiring?
    I don't think any of them other than Brock have been officially hired. I guess if we work out something with the Navy DC he will bring his guys and if not it will be Leach's guys and someone like Rocky Long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    He went back to Annapolis to sit on his ass & not have to recruit so that Peterson & Gibson can lock up the class

You don't go to Key West & then Starkville for the weekend & then not take the job
    So you really believe that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Looks like 2. Phelps at DL & McBath at CB.

vCash
    Why did he go to Key West?