Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Search Update?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I think some of it is based off his reputation of spending a lot of time in Key West. Let?s not sugarcoat it, he does.

If he wins, no one will care. If he loses, it will be a problem for most people here (myself included) who believe that to win at MSU you need to be recruiting to Starkville, from Starkville, 365 days a year.
    Unless he's using some of that time in FL as a scouting trip. Hopefully he has enough contacts there to recruit FL talent to MSU. Especially when it comes to WRs and QBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BhamDawg205 View Post
    Unless he's using some of that time in FL as a scouting trip. Hopefully he has enough contacts there to recruit FL talent to MSU. Especially when it comes to WRs and QBs.
    Lol, he ain?t recruiting in Key West.

You don?t scout Florida with Key West as your starting point.

Look, as long as he wins, this will be funny.

vCash
    I think some of it is based off his reputation of spending a lot of time in Key West. Let?s not sugarcoat it, he does.

If he wins, no one will care. If he loses, it will be a problem for most people here (myself included) who believe that to win at MSU you need to be recruiting to Starkville, from Starkville, 365 days a year.
    As for me like all of our other coaches I'll give him a chance to fail first before I complain. Just because his staff isn't a Mississippi All Star team it doesn't mean that his guys can't recruit.

I think a lot of our fans are scarred by Dan and his country club too. I can't see Leach being a guy that has sacred cows like Dan though. I also find it hard to believe that he is worse at recruiting than Dan. I could be wrong because it's always possible. Over time I wouldn't be surprised if he actually ends up attracting more Southern coaches to his staff as guys like Nichols and Spurrier become head coaches somewhere else over the years.

vCash

I was talking about in between snorkeling and sunbathing.

vCash

Last time I was on Key West my phone worked just fine. As long as he's not making recruiting calls from Captain Tony's I thing we will be ok.

vCash
    Mullen spent most of those offseasons at his lake house in GA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Last time I was on Key West my phone worked just fine. As long as he's not making recruiting calls from Captain Tony's I thing we will be ok.
    Hell - I don't care if he is making calls from Captain Tony's. Leach has enough status that he can dial up a recruit and FaceTime them from anywhere and just say, "Steve says you're gonna give me 1100 YAC and 20 TDS in our offense. Youre that good. I'm out at Captain Tony's in Key West and I had to talk to you right now..." and it will be over.

That's how most of recruiting is done by a HC anyway.

vCash
    Navy's defense against Memphis, Tulsa, and ECU... DC seems to scheme very well to make up for lack of talent. Also aggressive and discipline. Sorta reminds me of Grantham.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As for me like all of our other coaches I'll give him a chance to fail first before I complain. Just because his staff isn't a Mississippi All Star team it doesn't mean that his guys can't recruit.

I think a lot of our fans are scarred by Dan and his country club too. I can't see Leach being a guy that has sacred cows like Dan though. I also find it hard to believe that he is worse at recruiting than Dan. I could be wrong because it's always possible. Over time I wouldn't be surprised if he actually ends up attracting more Southern coaches to his staff as guys like Nichols and Spurrier become head coaches somewhere else over the years.
    My rebuttal to the fans that are having visions of Dan bringing his guys in with Mike bringing his offensive guys in is this. How many of Dan’s guys have gone on to become head coaches? Now, how many of Mike’s guys over the years have gone on to become head coaches? There are currently 8 head coaches who either coached or played on Mike’s first staff/team at Texas Tech.

vCash
    Anybody worrying about unnecessary bullshit like Leach living in Key West and his staff following him, is just a damn worrier and negative numb nut. Let the guy get rolling. We aren't dealing with Candy-assed, thin-skin, ass slapping, bullshit anymore. It's time to change that mindset with the fans too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Anybody worrying about unnecessary bullshit like Leach living in Key West and his staff following him, is just a damn worrier and negative numb nut. Let the guy get rolling. We aren't dealing with Candy-assed, thin-skin, ass slapping, bullshit anymore. It's time to change that mindset with the fans too.
    Amen to that. It's great that the guy loves him some Key West. Hell, my ass would be there every chance I could get if I were I that tax bracket. A bunch of of these folks are going to get their feelings hurt by this staff. This staff truly doesn't give a shit and are going to do things the way they see fit and damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

vCash
    Exactly! Leach is coming here to win not to just relax and cash a paycheck.

vCash
    We hired a proven coach. A coach with as much swagger and 17 you attitude as any we'll ever have. If you can't get behind this hire, you probably need to go cheer for USM.
    **But I'm still not paying $75 for his damn book on Amazon.**

Banned
    vCash
    I'm fired up to see what our new DC can do with an elevated talent pool to work with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    My rebuttal to the fans that are having visions of Dan bringing his guys in with Mike bringing his offensive guys in is this. How many of Dan’s guys have gone on to become head coaches? Now, how many of Mike’s guys over the years have gone on to become head coaches? There are currently 8 head coaches who either coached or played on Mike’s first staff/team at Texas Tech.
    Usually the guys that became head coaches under Dan were the DC's that he micromanaged.

vCash
    We hired a proven coach. A coach with as much swagger and 17 you attitude as any we'll ever have. If you can't get behind this hire, you probably need to go cheer for USM.
    **But I'm still not paying $75 for his damn book on Amazon.**
    Reminds me a lot of Jackie with his attitude and swagger. I like it a lot!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Reminds me a lot of Jackie with his attitude and swagger. I like it a lot!
    Except one throws the ball 50 times and the other ran it 50 times.

I think we are about to enter an era where we have some Jackie type excitement. And yes, I wouldn't be shocked if we end up winning the West like Jackie at some point with Leach. Maybe even more because I have a feeling Leach won't have the loses to people like Troy and Tulane. If for no other reason our profile has been raised- thanks Jackie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Except one throws the ball 50 times and the other ran it 50 times.

I think we are about to enter an era where we have some Jackie type excitement. And yes, I wouldn't be shocked if we end up winning the West like Jackie at some point with Leach. Maybe even more because I have a feeling Leach won't have the loses to people like Troy and Tulane. If for no other reason our profile has been raised- thanks Jackie.
    Yeah polar opposites on offensive philosophy lol! Very similar in a lot respects otherwise. Mavericks, don't give a crap what the rest of the football world thinks, speak their mind, etc. Very refreshing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Exactly! Leach is coming here to win not to just relax and cash a paycheck.
    This is his chance.

He knows the magnitude of his legacy & potentially the College Football HOF rests on how he performs at MSU.

We're gonna get balls to the wall effort.

I think we may get a better effort than what he's ever given. He knew he couldn't recruit well enough to Lubbock or Pullman to win big, so why try all that hard?

He knows that is different here
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is his chance.

He knows the magnitude of his legacy & potentially the College Football HOF rests on how he performs at MSU.

We're gonna get balls to the wall effort.

I think we may get a better effort than what he's ever given. He knew he couldn't recruit well enough to Lubbock or Pullman to win big, so why try all that hard?

He knows that is different here
    I believe he recruited at least close to the ceiling of where he was relative to the team he was with at the time. If he keeps us at 25 or so and coaches players up he will do fine.

I think he will recruit better than Dan.