Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chase Brice, Clemson QB transfer

vCash

Chase Brice, Clemson QB transfer

Any chance he'd want to come sling it in Leach's system for a few years? I'm guessing we have no chance, but thought I'd mention it

vCash
    I think (and just my own opinion) that some bigger names (not necessarily the Fields/Hurts type transfers) are going to be interested in us now more so than previously just because of Leach's QB/Offensive track record. Come sling it around 40-50 times per game in the best conference in CFB for a guy who seems to sprinkle fairy dust on his QB's and they tear it up.

I'd definitely reach out to him and gauge his interest level. Who knows, he might be interested, or he might not.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Never hurts to ask. Leach carries a lot of weight with QBs. He might want to give it a go.

vCash
    If we're calling transfer QBs I'm calling KJ Costello from Stanford. 97 rating out of high school

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    We had a QB from Grayson before..enrolled for a month and ironically transferred to Clemson. Nick Schuessler
    No Signature

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    If we're calling transfer QBs I'm calling KJ Costello from Stanford. 97 rating out of high school
    and recruited by Alabama by..Lane Kiffin. ughhh I wonder if they are going after him?
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    and recruited by Alabama by..Lane Kiffin. ughhh I wonder if they are going after him?
    Kiffin may be after this Clemson QB....and if so, and he brings a qb in then surely they have one or 2 qb's transfer after this spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    We had a QB from Grayson before..enrolled for a month and ironically transferred to Clemson. Nick Schuessler
    Ole Skinny Jeans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Never hurts to ask. Leach carries a lot of weight with QBs. He might want to give it a go.
    ISWYDT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    OT but Trap .. your avatar rocks !
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sienfield View Post
    ISWYDT
    (Wink, wink)

Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    OT but Trap .. your avatar rocks !
    Google is your friend.**

vCash
    FWIW, Clemson mod on 247 says there is mutual interest between Chase Brice and MSU. Also mutual interest between he and Oregon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    FWIW, Clemson mod on 247 says there is mutual interest between Chase Brice and MSU. Also mutual interest between he and Oregon.
    Unless competing for a west coast kid, I'm always going to like Mike Leach's chances to land QB transfers when going head to head with Joe Moorhead and Oregon. Leach took a flier on Gardner Minshew and propelled him to the NFL. Moorhead brought in his guy Tommy Stevens and we know the rest of that story. Combine that with Mike Leach's storytelling skills and I like our chances when he delivers his MSU pitch.

vCash
    Immediately eligible and has two years to play two. Led Clemson to comeback win over Syracuse his freshman season when Trevor Lawrence got hurt. Has about a 60% completion percentage as a backup. Seems intriguing at least.

vCash
    So both he and the the guy from BC are down to MSU and Oregon. If they just watch Joe's offense against competent D's then we should be able to pick which one we want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Any chance he'd want to come sling it in Leach's system for a few years? I'm guessing we have no chance, but thought I'd mention it
    I'd love to see every transfer portal QB to have interest in MSU, because of the idea of slingin' it for Leach and have it be known nationwide...in the hopes that one of these days we might strike gold (ala Joe Burreaux).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Of course, I'd much rather have BRYCE YOUNG, but he's gonna be killing us as the next great Bama QB.
    Last edited by MaroonFlounder; 01-17-2020 at 02:52 PM.

vCash
    Ahem.

vCash
    Ahem.
    Sounds like we're going after Costello, Brice, and Brown. And that order is exactly how I would go after them. Put the full-court press on Costello and if you can get him, that changes things quite a bit. He'd have Leach's offense running like a well-oiled machine. Need to grab him a WR or 2 out of the portal too.

vCash
    Sounds like we're going after Costello, Brice, and Brown. And that order is exactly how I would go after them. Put the full-court press on Costello and if you can get him, that changes things quite a bit. He'd have Leach's offense running like a well-oiled machine. Need to grab him a WR or 2 out of the portal too.
    Costello's numbers in 2018:

3540 yds, 65.1%, 8.6 y/a, 29 TDs, 11 Int, 155 rating

To put it into perspective, a season just like that would result in:

2nd in MSU single season passing yards and T-1st in single season passing TDs
    Last edited by KOdawg1; 01-17-2020 at 04:09 PM.