Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing back the Interlocking MSU logo

vCash
    How about putting the baseball logo on everything?

vCash
    While we are at it, let's brand ourselves as simply, "State." No other major program in the South (LSU, FSU) is known as "State." It would set us apart, Mississippi State is just too long and doesn't flow well.

vCash
    BTW, who designed the M State logo and who decided to slap it all over campus and all things MSU? I'm Class of '77 and I don't remember anyone asking for an opinion poll on this change. When someone asks me where I went to college, I always reply, "STATE", that's MSU, Mississippi State University. Know anyone that's been asked this question and answers MState? Just as I thought, you never have and never will! Hail State and bring it back!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 01-16-2020 at 09:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    BTW, who designed the M State logo and who decided to slap it all over campus and all things MSU? I'm Class of '77 and I don't remember anyone asking for an opinion poll on this change. When someone asks me where I went to college, I always reply, "STATE", that's MSU, Mississippi State University. Know anyone that's been asked this question and answers MState? Just as I thought, you never have and never will! Hail State and bring it back!
    Heard a while ago they wanted it to be the logo for all sports(including baseball) and all things MSU. I like that logo though but I think MSU Interlocked should be for football, State over M should be basketball and M over S should be baseball. Bring it back!

vCash
    MState started with Richard Williams and basketball. It was modified but that's the first place I remember it. It sucks balls! It looks like some small private college BS.
    I will never purchase State gear with that logo on it. We're a damn SEC team, not some Colonial Athletic Conference school.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I guess living in Texas A&M's is OK.**
    The first part is nike doesn't WANT us. So the second point is moot. However, if you are comparing the two well I can't help you.

vCash
    What's wrong with the school buying the rights to the logo if Nike will never use it again to use as we see fit? Or us designing another interlocking logo that belongs to us. Or adidas making one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trojandawg View Post
    What's wrong with the school buying the rights to the logo if Nike will never use it again to use as we see fit? Or us designing another interlocking logo that belongs to us. Or adidas making one?
    I have always wondered has the university tried to purchase the logo from Nike. Obviously we were idiots for letting Nike trademark it in the first place. Simpleton probably let them have it for shoes for the water polo team.

vCash
    I'm would talk adidas going in to help buy the logo with some sort of a deal that they more of a percentage in the sales of items sold but it is out logo to do as we please if we break contract or do something where we pay their part if we break contract.

vCash
    Just say no to Nike. Their marketing is divisive and pushes their social agenda. I hope the Athletics Dept. can review a contract with Adidas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosedawg68 View Post
    How about putting the baseball logo on everything?
    The baseball logo is by far my favorite. Looks awesome on the helmet too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I just don't understand why we do not make up our own MSU interlocking logo that we would use? It cannot be that hard to come up with one.
    As far as Nike or Adidas, whomever gives us the better overall deal. There is zero reasons why we shouldn't be one of Adidas' #1 teams with our baseball appeal and SEC Football.
    Here?s my version from a few years back: https://twitter.com/rockyvaughan/sta...920026626?s=21

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillbillyRock View Post
    Here?s my version from a few years back: https://twitter.com/rockyvaughan/sta...920026626?s=21
    THAT is exactly what I am talking about! If MSU did that a couple of times a year I would be satisfied.

vCash
    Have you been asked any more about doing some stuff like this for state? I know the white bulldog helmets came from you. Would love to see your concept for interlocking MSU brought in. That would look slick on maroon helmet white face mask

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I wanna see us try to brand us as just "STATE". the "Hail State" has grown some legs. I say we keep pumping that. that would be a very unique brand. it already sells in the SEC, would like to see if we could push the boundaries on "STATE".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terradawg View Post
    Just say no to Nike. Their marketing is divisive and pushes their social agenda. I hope the Athletics Dept. can review a contract with Adidas.
    THIS ^^^ Screw Nike, I love the interlocking MSU but I'll be damned if I ever buy anything else with NIKE on it .... This M is to easily confused with OM
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I may be in the minority here, but I like the M-State logo...

I also LOVE the STATE idea. I finally found a sweatshirt with STATE block letters on it and it is my favorite. The best part is everyone knows what it is when I wear it.

I think we need to use “STATE” more often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baddmann View Post

I also LOVE the STATE idea. I finally found a sweatshirt with STATE block letters on it and it is my favorite. The best part is everyone knows what it is when I wear it.

Agreed.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind going old school one game with these helmets:

Also, if you wanted to go the "State" brand, put "State" over that bulldog on the helmet.

I also like these helmets:

One last old school helmet:

I also think you could do this helmet with "State" incorporated into it:

Lastly, I'm not old. I just like rugged tough looking old school helmets in football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baddmann View Post

You are not. You see people wearing the logo everywhere on gameday. It's the best logo the school has ever produced.