Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing back the Interlocking MSU logo

vCash

Bringing back the Interlocking MSU logo

The contract with Adidas ends this year and with Leach being the new coach is there any chance they could sign with Nike again? I've heard that it might be possibility but probably not. I'm not the biggest fan of Nike and unfortunately they own the rights, obviously(I never understood why the school would sign that contract), but I loved that logo. I think it would be a perfect time to bring it back. Wish they could buy the rights to it somehow but that won't happen.

vCash
    Image?

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I just don't understand why we do not make up our own MSU interlocking logo that we would use? It cannot be that hard to come up with one.
    As far as Nike or Adidas, whomever gives us the better overall deal. There is zero reasons why we shouldn't be one of Adidas' #1 teams with our baseball appeal and SEC Football.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbone View Post
    Image?
    https://twitter.com/InterlockingMSU

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RLM38654 View Post
    The contract with Adidas ends this year and with Leach being the new coach is there any chance they could sign with Nike again? I've heard that it might be possibility but probably not. I'm not the biggest fan of Nike and unfortunately they own the rights, obviously(I never understood why the school would sign that contract), but I loved that logo. I think it would be a perfect time to bring it back. Wish they could buy the rights to it somehow but that won't happen.
    It's not going to happen. Nike or Interlocking MSU. It's over. Move on
    No Signature

vCash
    We aren't leaving Adidas and we aren't moving from the shittastic banner M.

vCash
    How bout just MSU. Like these
    https://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images...-5574918Fr.jpg

Best uniforms we ever had

vCash
    Not a fan of Nike or the interlocking logo. Jut my opinion, to each their own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    How bout just MSU. Like these
    https://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images...-5574918Fr.jpg

Best uniforms we ever had
    Are you serious bro? We are not MSJ (Graphical mistake by the way) and the helmet doesn't even match the uniform.
    No Signature

vCash
    It has always puzzled me as to why MSU doesn't bring back a form of the interlocking MSU for at least a game or two?

This to me is part of the disconnect between MSU and the fans and the athletic administration. A lot to of the fans want an interlocking MSU. They would sell a ton of merchandise and make the fans happy. Based on the number of players on Twitter wanting to go to Nike I think the players would love it. Although Adidas or UA could come up with one as well and I would be fine with it.

Really simple and seems like a no brainer to me to bring it back some. It can co-exist with the M-State "branding" which hasn't really helped alleviate any confusion between us and Ole Miss. This is the kind of thing MSU doesn't do simply because of hard headedness that hurts them with their own fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It has always puzzled me as to why MSU doesn't bring back a form of the interlocking MSU for at least a game or two?

This to me is part of the disconnect between MSU and the fans and the athletic administration. A lot to of the fans want an interlocking MSU. They would sell a ton of merchandise and make the fans happy. Based on the number of players on Twitter wanting to go to Nike I think the players would love it. Although Adidas or UA could come up with one as well and I would be fine with it.

Really simple and seems like a no brainer to me to bring it back some. It can co-exist with the M-State "branding" which hasn't really helped alleviate any confusion between us and Ole Miss. This is the kind of thing MSU doesn't do simply because of hard headedness that hurts them with their own fans.
    I love the logo(the one in my avatar not the MSJ) and am all for bringing it back to be apart of The Vault series of throwback apparel and have it for a throwback game once or twice a year.
    No Signature

vCash
    I'd love to see the interlocking MSU comeback. I just don't like the banner M. I often wonder what maroon helmets with "STATE" on them in curved fashion like the LSU helmets.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

That would be fine with me, M state has grown on me and evolved from back when Croom started. I liked the helmets from 2015 to 17 then they changed it again. I just never heard of any other school or teams having a problem using a logo like this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Are you serious bro? We are not MSJ (Graphical mistake by the way) and the helmet doesn't even match the uniform.
    Look at the picture, Einstein.

vCash
    Nike doesn't want us. And if they did, we really want to be in ole miss' shadow?

vCash
    That would be fine with me, M state has grown on me and evolved from back when Croom started. I liked the helmets from 2015 to 17 then they changed it again. I just never heard of any other school or teams having a problem using a logo like this.
    It really is bizarre. I saw a LSU fan on Twitter that responded to a late 1990's MSU uniform and said "THAT is what MSU should look like" paraphrased.

The thing is I think a lot of people would like the M-State logo a LOT better if MSU simply allowed a form of the interlocking Adidas styled MSU for only a couple of games or more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Nike doesn't want us. And if they did, we really want to be in ole miss' shadow?
    I guess living in Texas A&M's is OK.**

vCash
    I could take or leave the interlocking logo. It's time we move to putting "STATE" across the front though in football and basketball. Those are undoubtedly the best basketball unis.

vCash
    I like the interlocking MSU, but to hell with Nike. I like the adidas stuff waaaay better than that Nike crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    I like the interlocking MSU, but to hell with Nike. I like the adidas stuff waaaay better than that Nike crap.
    Hail Yes! Interlocking MSU best logo ever! Never liked MState. Mississippi, (God Bless You Kang Jackie!), came out with their blue M and then what do we do? Put State banner across a M and then wonder why so many people get us mixed up! Keep adidas, but surely our engineering dept can design an interlocking MSU with a slight variation that we can use again. At least, bring it back it back for a few special games per year. Heck, we wear everything else, even UM gray pants. It's a big part of our heritage. Get it back! Hail State!