Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lol, Napier....

vCash

Lol, Napier....

[tweet2]1217881332086296576[/tweet2]

Can't wait for Napier to explain to his assistants how he made most of them lose $100+K

We're about to find out how good coach O really is.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...81332086296576
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    He's a blundering, egotistical bufoon. Yes, I admit I wanted him based on resume. Now...not so much. Wondering out loud how much attrition will happen from the asst. coaches.

Banned
    vCash
    LSU'S bout to PAY for some new coordinators.

vCash
    I think Mississippi State is better off. They have a head coach who has 18 years of power 5 level head coaching experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I think Mississippi State is better off. They have a head coach who has 18 years of power 5 level head coaching experience.
    Absolutely. I don't think anyone knew Leach was a real option at the time we all wanted Napier
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    I agree. I think Coach Leach is exactly what we need at this point in time.

vCash
    I really wanted Napier to begin with. But now I think we dodged a bullet. Mike Leach was a BIG hire.

I guess that charity in Baton Rouge will be churning out more cash for asst. coaches.

You never know though. Next year w/ some teams taking a slide and us upgrading our head coaching position five fold (at least) we might have one of those out of nowhere Cinderella-type seasons.

That would be sweet!

vCash
    Napier? Never heard of her.....
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    LSU'S bout to PAY for some new coordinators.
    Yeah... and we will possibly be shopping the same market as LSU for a DC together. Not ideal.

vCash
    I would have supported Napier and given him a chance but he always had a Jim McElwain vibe to me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    Yeah... and we will possibly be shopping the same market as LSU for a DC together. Not ideal.
    Yes scary and we better hurry up and sign somebody

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    makes you wonder if some of our candidates were aware of Aranda leaving and were waiting it out, hence why we haven't hired one yet.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    makes you wonder if some of our candidates were aware of Aranda leaving and were waiting it out, hence why we haven't hired one yet.
    Damn. I was just gonna post the same thing. It is very possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I really wanted Napier to begin with. But now I think we dodged a bullet. Mike Leach was a BIG hire.

I guess that charity in Baton Rouge will be churning out more cash for asst. coaches.

You never know though. Next year w/ some teams taking a slide and us upgrading our head coaching position five fold (at least) we might have one of those out of nowhere Cinderella-type seasons.

That would be sweet!
    Ha, I sent a similar text to some friends the other day. With the on and off field turnover at LSU, bama seemingly as vulnerable as they've been in a decade, Auburn and A&M continuing to be rollercoasters, and OM and Arkansas still I n rebuild mode, there's an opportunity for leach to string together something these first few years if he had a QB and some WRs that can catch. Not saying we are winning the west or anything, but I don't think any game is "unwinnable" the way 2019 LSU was or most bama games from the last decade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Yes scary and we better hurry up and sign somebody
    Not really. If there was a particularly desirable unemployed DC we were after, that would suck. But we aren't going to be in the same part of the market as them. If LSU's hire impacts us, it will be because of some domino effect where they poach a sitting DC from a program who then is bidding against us for our DC candidate.

vCash
    Aranda to Baylor per Twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    [tweet2]1217881332086296576[/tweet2]

Can't wait for Napier to explain to his assistants how he made most of them lose $100+K

We're about to find out how good coach O really is.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...81332086296576
    I don't think his turning us down had anything to do with Baylor. I think he just didn't want our job for whatever reason. And that's fine. Apparently Cohen made him the best offer (well, pitch maybe) he could and made him say no. Which he did. Oh well. We'll all move on. State fans will just keep an eye on Napier's career going forward, and there will be folks on both sides wondering what might have been. I know I won't ever lose any sleep over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I don't think his turning us down had anything to do with Baylor. I think he just didn't want our job for whatever reason. And that's fine. Apparently Cohen made him the best offer (well, pitch maybe) he could and made him say no. Which he did. Oh well. We'll all move on. State fans will just keep an eye on Napier's career going forward, and there will be folks on both sides wondering what might have been. I know I won't ever lose any sleep over it.
    It's still puzzling to turn down that much money.

vCash
    Where this will get dicey for Napier is if he has a let down season next year. Those G5 guys can go from highly coveted to off the radar really quick. In reality, he's a key injury or two away from a let down year. Just imagine if he goes 6-6 or worse and USCe opens and all of a sudden there's somebody more popular and Napier doesn't even get consideration. Ouch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's still puzzling to turn down that much money.
    I believe Napier's agent was giving him bad advice. I think he feels holding out for South Carolina is the best thing to do in the long run but sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot.