Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Wyatt Film Study: Leach Offense

vCash

Matt Wyatt Film Study: Leach Offense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omz-DicsCJA

Matt does such a great job breaking down (Just Some) of the plays. Can't wait to see what our guys can do in this system.

vCash
    He made it sound like the offense is very simple for the players to run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It is.

vCash
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The last offense was quantum physics compared to Leach's.

vCash
    I can't help but watch this & think that Leach will find a way to get Tulu's speed on the field for this screens.

Who else would want to get those passes?

Osiris
    Payton
    Williams
    Jones
    etc?

If this offense is truly as simple to learn as people say, it's hard for me to see Tulu staying off the field unless he can't pick up the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The last offense was quantum physics compared to Leach's.
    Not only that but the last offense was almost completely based on being reactive to what the defense did. Thus, it was slower because of the reads.

The new offense kind of pushes the issue

vCash
    As I said when JoMo was here: If you can't explain and teach your philosophy simply the you don't REALLY understand it.

Mike Leach understands his offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    As I said when JoMo was here: If you can't explain and teach your philosophy simply the you don't REALLY understand it.

Mike Leach understands his offense.
    The most damning thing about the JoMo offense was when they held a media day to explain it. Our beat writers and media came out of that meeting puzzled and overwhelmed. I am sure our players felt much of the same way. They said it was mind blowing how complicated and how many reads players were required to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I can't help but watch this & think that Leach will find a way to get Tulu's speed on the field for this screens.

Osiris
    Payton
    Williams
    Jones
    etc?

If this offense is truly as simple to learn as people say, it's hard for me to see Tulu staying off the field unless he can't pick up the offense.
    I think he will see the field this year too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think he will see the field this year too
    Not much of a choice we need some burners. Hopefully Heath is as advertised as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PKADogs55 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omz-DicsCJA

Matt does such a great job breaking down (Just Some) of the plays. Can't wait to see what our guys can do in this system.
    Pretty good cut up study. Can't blame him because many haven't studied it that much, but he could have explained a little better to folks about how everything is based off the 4 verts. And, again like many, a lot coaches included, doesn't really have a firm grasp on the mesh play.

As an aside, go back and look at the Egg Bowl in '16 on the 4th down play State ran to Fred Ross that went for a TD. It was Mesh.

Maybe the only time I saw State execute it.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    I think Hill is going to go nuts in this offense. I can already see him getting those short passes in space. The screens and shovels to Hill? Gonna have a monster year relative to YAC.

The ironic thing is that Tommy Stevens would probably be a great fit for this offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Pretty good cut up study. Can't blame him because many haven't studied it that much, but he could have explained a little better to folks about how everything is based off the 4 verts. And, again like many, a lot coaches included, doesn't really have a firm grasp on the mesh play.

As an aside, go back and look at the Egg Bowl in '16 on the 4th down play State ran to Fred Ross that went for a TD. It was Mesh.

I think we used it vs Alabama in 2014 or 2015 too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    I think Hill is going to go nuts in this offense. I can already see him getting those short passes in space. The screens and shovels to Hill? Gonna have a monster year relative to YAC.

The ironic thing is that Tommy Stevens would probably be a great fit for this offense.
    Having Hill back pushes us to a 7 win season for sure. It's huge. Leach's offense will cut out the overthinking that bogged down Moorhead's offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post

Agree. I think Fitz may have even been good in this O if he had the liberty of QB draw also in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared_Hitless View Post
    Not much of a choice we need some burners. Hopefully Heath is as advertised as well.
    I'd be curious if anybody knows why Heath's JUCO numbers were so pedestrian. Was that b/c of the offense or QB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I'd be curious if anybody knows why Heath's JUCO numbers were so pedestrian. Was that b/c of the offense or QB?
    Co-Lin 2019 stats .... Avg. 240.1 yards passing a game.

1. Antoine Robinson, 37 rec ... 721 yards ... 80.1 ypg ... 7 TDs (9 games played) Signed with USM btw.
    2. Malik Heath, 33 rec ... 502 yards ... 62.8 ypg ... 3 TDs (8 games played)

Looks like their QB (Danny Clark) threw for 2,166 yards and 18 TDs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Osiris
    Payton
    Williams
    Jones
    etc?

Leach normally uses an 8 man rotation at WR.

The things I liked was the way all the WR "read" the defense. They run to open space, then stop.

If his 21 year DI coaching history holds, 5+ of those guys will catch 40+ passes. With 5 others catching 10+.

Kylin hill may catch 100+ passes.

The other thing I noticed was how much space there was in the middle of the field pre snap. A few QB Draws might be in play.

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVXR337bdvI

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post