Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leach has a history of bad defenses. Should we be worried no DC by now?

vCash

Leach has a history of bad defenses. Should we be worried no DC by now?

What is your opinion?

vCash
    If it don't happen by Monday I may start SMH a little. Want him to get a good 'un tho.

vCash
    I'm sure he is well aware of the status of SEC defenses. I trust him to do what is needed.

vCash
    Leach knows you can't just win by offense only, in the SEC. He will get a good DC and let the DC handle the defense.

vCash
    Man I’m with you 100%. This is what scares me the most about Leach. However, the SEC stopped playing defense a few years ago. I was bitching about it then, but now I’m glad. This is a conference not much different than the Big 12. Gotta outscore everybody.

vCash
    Was 3 or 4 days now going to make a better defense in the fall?

It's known he's interviewing guys. He'll have one in short order.

vCash
    I'm hoping he's finalizing a deal with Walters. Just crossing t's and dotting I's.

vCash
    Some guys are absolutely apprehensive about being the DC for Leach and having to coach 75-80 plays of defensive every Saturday. Hopefully we can get a hungry young guy thats ready to be a DC
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I expect we'll have a guy by the end of the week.

vCash
    Yes.. I think the level of blind optimism on here is way too high. I obviously want him to succeed as much as everyone else but trying to be real with myself, and defense was a major question mark of this hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Some guys are absolutely apprehensive about being the DC for Leach and having to coach 75-80 plays of defensive every Saturday. Hopefully we can get a hungry young guy thats ready to be a DC
    WSU rankings nationally in plays defended the last 4 years:
    2019 - 72nd
    2018 - 29th
    2017 - 28th
    2016 - 39th

Leach has done a good job keeping his defense off the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    WSU rankings nationally in plays defended the last 4 years:
    2019 - 72nd
    2018 - 29th
    2017 - 28th
    2016 - 39th

Leach has done a good job keeping his defense off the field
    Thats vs alot of zone coverage, bend but dont break D's. Those days are over

vCash
    nm

Banned
    vCash
    O.T. anybody remember Buddy Ryan knocking the shit out of an offensive play caller on the sidelines? just saying. oh well.

Last edited by OLJWales; 01-15-2020 at 08:41 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Leach ran 6 offensive snaps per game more than we did. It ranked 39th in the country. It's not that big a deal.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Thats vs alot of zone coverage, bend but dont break D's. Those days are over
    Oh no! Whatever will he do against juggernaut Missouri and A&M (who He played in the big 12)!?Whatever will he do against powerhouse Arkansas and Ole Miss that are so much tougher than his pac 12 and big 12 foes?! How is he going to scheme up against Alabama A&M and NC State?!?! He's not going to know what to do against powerhouse perennial 7-5 Kentucky!!!! The horror!!! Tulane is going to be so tough!!!! New Mexico has it rolling on defense!

The majority of defenses on his schedule here are no better than what he faced everywhere else. The 2 or 3 that are tough are going to just be tough no matter who we hire. We need someone who can beat the average sec defenses. He is well capable of that.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-15-2020 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Oh no! Whatever will he do against juggernaut Missouri and A&M (who He played in the big 12)!?Whatever will he do against powerhouse Arkansas and Ole Miss that are so much tougher than his pac 12 and big 12 foes?! How is he going to scheme up against Alabama A&M and NC State?!?! He's not going to know what to do against powerhouse perennial 7-5 Kentucky!!!! The horror!!!
    LMAO ... can't argue with that too much ... that's a pretty good one. At least right now it is. Some of those will probably improve on D tho.

vCash
    All they have to do is coach three and outs.

vCash
    Nothing like getting a head start on something to worry about that we have ZERO control over, But that is what this bitch about culture is about. I will trust Coach Leach until he shows me otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    All they have to do is coach three and outs.
    Nice!