Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction time: Who takes the most snaps at QB next year?

vCash

Prediction time: Who takes the most snaps at QB next year?

Shrader, Rogers, Mayden, transfer?

Accuracy is Leach's most important attribute. He says "you can't teach accuracy". Who fits this bill? And will they break Dak's 3,793 yds in a season?

vCash
    I'm starting to lean transfer, personally. I think if it's an experienced transfer starting at QB for an entire season, I think they throw for just over 4,000 yds. If it's Shrader or if Rogers eventually works his way onto the field, I think it'll be 2021 before either would break the record. Shrader/Rogers would need 1 season to really break into throwing it 40-50 times per game in the SEC. Then in 2021, one of them would break it.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    My money is on Rogers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    My money is on Rogers
    We know Coach. I hope your kid does well too. Best possible hire for him.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    No idea.

vCash
    I have no idea but if I were betting right now ... I'm guessing probably a transfer.

I wouldn't rule out Roger/Shrader/Mayden. I've watched Mayden very little tho. I don't think KT will have Leach's primary attributes he's looking for in a QB enough to take the most snaps. Shrader has to grow up quicker and put in the work. Rogers mind is probably in the right place for possibly being a starter unless Leach gets a transfer.

vCash
    Transfer. Rogers after next season.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post

Accuracy is Leach's most important attribute. He says "you can't teach accuracy". Who fits this bill? And will they break Dak's 3,793 yds in a season?
    Transfer by this year but I am really excited to see Will Rogers take over the Wild Wild West!
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We know Coach. I hope your kid does well too. Best possible hire for him.
    Ha trust me Im not his daddy

vCash
    Ha trust me Im not him.
    Bucky, can you compare Will at this stage to where Minshew was? And how he projects compared to Minshew?

I’m so damn excited to see Will in this offense going forward. He’s gonna be deadly in it.
    #SwingUrSword #HailDamnState

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Bucky, can you compare Will at this stage to where Minshew was? And how he projects compared to Minshew?

I’m so damn excited to see Will in this offense going forward. He’s gonna be deadly in it.
    I think Will has a stronger arm than Minshew had. Minshew was a little thicker than Rogers is right now but that will change. Will is probably 200-205 he will be 215 before camp.

Rogers got in a much better situation than Minshew did. Rogers got a P5 offer and made MS/AL while Minshew got neither. I think both of them were a little disrespected by the media especially Gardner. Both of them are 2 of the best leaders I have ever seen. Competitors and they both have ran this offense since they were in the 7th grade. A version of it anyway. Film junkies. Both of them made calls at the LOS their SR years and that is precisely what Leach wants.

vCash
    Transfer. Hopefully it will work out better than Stevens. At least I think Leach will cut off any locker room issues that there may be.

vCash
    I think Will has a stronger arm than Minshew had. Minshew was a little thicker than Rogers is right now but that will change. Will is probably 200-205 he will be 215 before camp.

Rogers got in a much better situation than Minshew did. Rogers got a P5 offer and made MS/AL while Minshew got neither. I think both of them were a little disrespected by the media especially Gardner. Both of them are 2 of the best leaders I have ever seen. Competitors and they both have ran this offense since they were in the 7th grade. A version of it anyway. Film junkies. Both of them made calls at the LOS their SR years and that is precisely what Leach wants.
    Leach's guy will be the one who is the best upstairs. Be interesting to see who that is.

vCash
    Would you offer everyone from Brandon a scholly?

vCash
    Why does no one feel like Shrader can be the guy? He had a really solid freshman year in limited snaps.

vCash
    Shrader

vCash
    Shrader 1, Mayden 2, Rogers isn't ready and Leach doesn't like playing FR QBs. Key gone.
    Brown will start if he transfers in but he can't survive a season.

vCash
    Should be fun to watch Rogers sling it in 4 games this year and start in 2021 as a FR

vCash
    Shrader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post

My bet: Shrader

But I make that bet only basing it on what we have seen this year. Shrader has potential and is an athlete. He also still has a good bit of work in front him. The potential is there.

That said, this is a battle I'm excited about. I think Leach will have a successful quarterback. And we have candidates already on campus and will be attractive to those in the portal as well. The future of the quarterback position at msu is exciting.