Looked up some stats to throw in here but they're a little skewed with Clemson playing in more games than other teams but going into the playoffs Clemson had the #1 defense in the nation giving up just over 10 points a game and surrendering only about 140 pass yards vs about 100 rushing yards a game.

Going in I didn't think Clemson would be able to hang with OSU. They proved me wrong but on the flip side their "vaunted" defense gave up 516 yards. Last night they gave up 628 yards to LSU. OSU was the first real competition they've faced all year long. Yea they've had close games at the beginning of the year but talent wise no one else in their conference are even close.

In the last decade 3 of the national champions play in the SECW not just the SEC but the SECW. Vegas odds has 5 of the top 7 teams favored to win the CFP next year in the SEC with 3 of them residing in the West.

I'm not typing all this to say that Clemson's defense isn't good but that I have suspicions that they aren't the "best" good. I don't believe Clemson has those defensive numbers playing in the SEC let alone the SECW. What LSU has done this year is amazing, but what Mississippi State did the 2018 year on defense is almost too hard to believe. I don't think Clemson had close to as good of a defense as we had and keep in mind we did this with an offense that had trouble staying on the field.

Clemson will be in contention next year assuredly but a big thanks to that is due to their weak conference. Their numbers stats wise should also be taken with a grain of salt.