Thread: Why do ghost open and close doors?

vCash

Why do ghost open and close doors?

Kind of stupid isn't it?

vCash
    Maybe....but I could tell you some true stories over the years that would make your hair stand on end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Maybe....but I could tell you some true stories over the years that would make your hair stand on end.
    Me and you both.

vCash
    You obviously haven't seen Ghost**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Me and you both.
    I'm interested in this topic, details please.

vCash
    This ‘un too. They do it to let you know they are there. Same as locking and unlocking doors, turning tv’s and stereos on and off. Cold spots. Walking up and down stairs. Moving stuff.
    I lived with it daily for a year or so. It became normal. Hell, I started talking to them.
    The background story of “ Ebeneezer and Charlie” was it was a man who committed suicide in a room and 20 years to the day his son committed suicide in the same room. That room stayed 20 degrees colder right in the center of the room all the time. Even in the MS summertime. True story.
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    I had an experience at my cousin's house when I was ten. Turns out my uncle built the house over an old cemetery. It was a lady in the wall situation. Turns out my aunt told me years later that the "lady" would sit in the rocking chair downstairs and rock all night long. My uncle move the chair against the wall but later on in the night she could be heard rocking back and forth in the rocking chair.

A friend of my daughters' lived in a home built on Old Hwy 49. Turns out it was built over what once was the slave quarters from the 1840s. He'd tell stories that would make your hair stand up on the back of your neck.

vCash
    Since 1995, every office I have had has been in a historic building - most of them National Landmarks. One of the common occurrences have been smells that were unexplained.

At the Old Governor's Mansion in Milledgeville, GA - we would be working on the main floor and you could smell what I thought were green beans cooking with some fatback. We would go into the kitchen and find nothing - no food, nothing microwaved, no food in the building, no one eating. No special events with food the days prior that left smells. Nothing.

In one of the historic cottages on Jekyll Island - I came out of my office into the hall and smelled camellias. It was overpowering, and it seemed to come from one of the former bedrooms. There were no camellias anywhere near the cottage at the time. We knew that the original owner of the cottage had died there in the 1930s, and when we checked the date it turned out to be the day we smelled the camellias. A few weeks later a former gardener who worked for the family came to do an oral history project. When he walked by the camellia smelling room he said "That's the room Mr. Jennings was laid out in when he died. I filled the room with camellias because that was his favorite flower." We had no clue.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    We had a toilet in the dorms that would on occassion be hit by the Phantom Shitter. Biggest turds I've ever seen in my life. Never flushed. Mystery still unsolved to this day....

vCash
    Just recently my wife and we're awakened around 2:00 AM every cabinet door in our kitchen was opening and slamming shut. We have a wooden bar that swung open and three bottles of liquor fell out on the floor. It scared the shiznit out of us both didn't sleep the rest of the night. One of many events in my life like this.

vCash
    Just recently my wife and we're awakened around 2:00 AM every cabinet door in our kitchen was opening and slamming shut. We have a wooden bar that swung open and three bottles of liquor fell out on the floor. It scared the shiznit out of us both didn't sleep the rest of the night. One of many events in my life like this.
    Crazy, do you know the history of the house?

vCash
    I know the last owner her name was Lisa died in the front living room in a recliner and her son died the year before. I think his was a drug overdose. My wife wants to move now.