Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over/under on Will Rogers career passing yards: 19,218

vCash

Over/under on Will Rogers career passing yards: 19,218

OVER if we hire Mike Leach. According to his book, Leach has always had to hold back a little bit thanks to meddlesome boosters forcing him to call plays that don't give them the best chance to win, all because of how they ignorantly think football is "supposed" to be played.

At Mississippi State, he'll go balls to the wall 100% of the time, finally unleashing the real Mike Leach he's always wanted to be. Will Rogers is the QB he wanted badly, and may be the reason he's interested in us - he knows he can smash records with him.
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 01-08-2020 at 09:21 PM.

vCash
    Rogers is a whole hell of a lot like Minshew. Stronger arm IMO. Minshew was special. That is mighty big shoes to fill but Rogers has some big feet.

vCash
    Does that include dropped passes?

vCash
    and then the record gets raised by Ty Keyes, and hopefully Simpson
    I was impressed at Tx Tech sometimes he would have a 5th year senior finally get to play 1 year and then the guy would sling it . Saying this because you are right, he really never has coached a team with talent across the board.

vCash
    Have to have someone who can catch first. Oh and BTW we this isn't the big 12 of Pac 10, we do play defense here.

vCash
    Under. WAY UNDER. Rogers would throw for a lot of yds in a Leach offense, no doubt about that, but that's averaging almost 5K yards a year. SEC defenses are able to adjust unlike Pac 12 and Big 12 D's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Under. WAY UNDER. Rogers would throw for a lot of yds in a Leach offense, no doubt about that, but that's averaging almost 5K yards a year. SEC defenses are able to adjust unlike Pac 12 and Big 12 D's
    Im still waiting on them to adjust to LSU's offense and Alabama's. Where do yall think they are getting their passing concepts from? Its not pure air raid but its mighty close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Im still waiting on them to adjust to LSU's offense and Alabama's. Where do yall think they are getting their passing concepts from? Its not pure air raid but its mighty close.
    They also have 5 star receivers and national recruiting base......I must've missed when we got that or when Leach became a national recruiter. Again, Rogers would throw for a lot of yards, but he wouldn't throw for 19,000.

vCash
    If we make the right hire Rogers wont ever start a game for us
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    They also have 5 star receivers and national recruiting base......I must've missed when we got that or when Leach became a national recruiter. Again, Rogers would throw for a lot of yards, but he wouldn't throw for 19,000.
    Leach wont recruit that way and he still has won more games than anybody else that has been considered on this board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Hes the best passing QB on the campus. If he never starts a game at State its bc he transfers. Hate to tell you but you are off on this one. I know you are the ruling authority on football for some reason but I promise you would have killed to have him start for you the past few years

vCash
    I'm not saying he wont be a decent college QB. I just hope he never starts a game at State. We need a Spread Option coach and a mobile QB. I dont care how well he can throw. Stevens could throw well also- couldnt move the football when needed.

vCash
    Leach wont recruit that way and he still has won more games than anybody else that has been considered on this board
    He's also been coaching 20 years longer than most people we're mentioning.

vCash
    Amen.

Rogers doesn't fit Napier's scheme

vCash
    I'm not saying he wont be a decent college QB. I just hope he never starts a game at State. We need a Spread Option coach and a mobile QB. I dont care how well he can throw. Stevens could throw well also- couldnt move the football when needed.
    Can't believe I'm agreeing with Coach this much

vCash
    I know you are the ruling authority on football for some reason
    Well you spent alot of time 2 years ago telling us how good Moorhead was going to be on offense in the SEC. So there's that

vCash
    Well you spent alot of time 2 years ago telling us how good Moorhead was going to be on offense in the SEC. So there's that
    I also didnt know he was a total pud either so. I could make this bad but I actually agree with most of what you post so I'll keep it civil.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Amen.

Rogers doesn't fit Napier's scheme
    Napier ran the hated Air Raid at ASU. Hate to tell yall. His QB was Mike Bercovici and they slang the shit out of it.

Edited to say it wasnt Bercovici it was Manny Wilkins and he threw it 393 times. That is not the Mullen/Malzahn spread option
    Last edited by BuckyIsAB****; 01-08-2020 at 10:21 PM.

vCash
    Napier ran the hated Air Raid at ASU. Hate to tell yall. His QB was Mike Bercovici and they slang the shit out of it.
    Napier wouldn't run the air raid at State.

vCash
    But Napier has shown he can adapt his offense to his players. Leach, like Moorhead, is married to the system. Its kind of like Paul Westhead and The System, it's a blessing and a curse because it's the only way he knows.