Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Serious this time) I'm hearing...

vCash

(Serious this time) I'm hearing...

Sark is our guy if we want him but we won't pay. I don't know if it's we won't pay his salary, assistants, recruiting etc. but was told we won't meet what he thinks he needs.

Holy hell, we've got issues when we don't want (or can't) afford to hire a G5 coach or an OC. I don't even know what else to say...

vCash
    I don't believe that.

vCash
    Who is his agent? Sexton? There is a point where we do not get taken advantage of.

vCash
    Unless Sark is asking for Saban money or something stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I don't believe that.
    Fine don't but you'd be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Who is his agent? Sexton? There is a point where we do not get taken advantage of.
    That?s correct

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Fine don't but you'd be wrong.
    K

vCash
    Or maybe it's just a negotiation and we'll get there eventually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I don't believe that.

Me either

vCash
    I saw earlier Rosie was walking it back too. I believe it! Come on Cohen, you gotta pay if you want to pay!! He should've learned from Croomhead. He didn't pay shit and had to fire his ass! Gotta pay to play! Go back and get Napier Mr. IB Cohen!!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    The fact that it's come up about a thousand time with every coach makes me thing there are people just throwing that out there constantly. We heard it with Napier initially, etc.

Unless it's just ridiculous I think we will offer a fair package for HC and assistants that is close to league average, especially with cost of living factored in. There are going to be back and forth in negotiations and while I can believe names leak out from various sources, I highly doubt information about the money side leak out very often unless one side walks away and decides to bad mouth the other side.

vCash
    I really hope Cohen isn't f'ing around and being a penny pincher. Is $1M really that much to the athletic budget?

vCash
    Lol at these stories!! You were lied to man.

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    I saw earlier Rosie was walking it back too. I believe it! Come on Cohen, you gotta pay if you want to pay!! He should've learned from Croomhead. He didn't pay shit and had to fire his ass! Gotta pay to play! Go back and get Napier Mr. IB Cohen!!
    Then call Cohen and or the bulldog club up and pledge an extra million dollars a year to pay the coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    Sark is our guy if we want him but we won't pay. I don't know if it's we won't pay his salary, assistants, recruiting etc. but was told we won't meet what he thinks he needs.

Holy hell, we've got issues when we don't want (or can't) afford to hire a G5 coach or an OC. I don't even know what else to say...
    Whoever your "source" is gets their info from Twitter and twist it to suit a narrative. Quit being gullible. The "we won't pay" line is not true and has been beaten to death

vCash
    Lets remember we hired Moorhead two years ago and paid him 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 million in the initial contract.

Would I be surprised if we tried to hire another current OC for around 3.0 million two years later? Probably not. I'm not sure how much Sark is making but I would assume it is north of a million. I would also expect him to make more than his little brother in oxford.

Banned
    vCash
    Are we not way down towards the bottom of the SEC regarding total compensation for the football staff? Would love to see that change if so. We've obviously got the money to be mid tier at least. Do our stockholders care more about profit margins or having quality coaching resulting in more wins? 1/2 assed money's gonna get you 1/2 assed performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Lets remember we hired Moorhead two years ago and paid him 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 million in the initial contract.

Would I be surprised if we tried to hire another current OC for around 3.0 million two years later? Probably not. I'm not sure how much Sark is making but I would assume it is north of a million. I would also expect him to make more than his little brother in oxford.
    $1.55 to 1.7 MIL (possible bonus added to $1.55)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Are we not way down towards the bottom of the SEC regarding total compensation for the football staff? Would love to see that change if so. We've obviously got the money to be mid tier at least. Do our stockholders care more about profit margins or having quality coaching resulting in more wins? 1/2 assed money's gonna get you 1/2 assed performance.
    Do we? We have less money overall than any other program in the West, and only Mizzou and Vandy have less in the East.

vCash
    Pay isn't what's holding things up with Sark.