Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Judge Is the Guy, Cohen Has Some Splaining To Do

vCash

If Judge Is the Guy, Cohen Has Some Splaining To Do

I preface this by saying that Judge may very well be the right guy & develop into the best coach in MSU history. I don't have a clue.

However, I just don't understand John Cohen's hiring practices.

If Judge is the guy, then yet again Cohen would've hired someone that now owes him. Yet again, he would've hired someone in which he would have alpha dominance over.

I began to question Moorhead the moment he started calling Cohen "Sir".

I just don't get it. I don't get why Cohen can never find a GUY. I don't understand why Cohen can never hire someone that is more famous than himself.

It's just extremely odd but becoming a real trend that Cohen "Gives someone a shot" instead of going to get an experienced, highly successful, known quantity.

I don't know if it's ego or what, but it's extremely confusing why the hire is ALWAYS a let down whether they end up being the correct guy or not.

In the press conference, I want to hear why Judge was worth turning down experienced, successful head coaches or not ponying up for big time guys & Judge being an MSU guy isn't enough. I want to hear actual football reasons why he is the best guy for this job.

Again, just extremely confusing why all these hires turn out to be of the same type.

If Judge was the best option, maybe we didn't interview enough guys?

Was Judge worth firing Moorhead for? If so, why?

Just so many questions & now we get an experiment when the program has to be turned around immediately?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-06-2020 at 09:54 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I want to know why he chose to go with a guy with no experience as a head coach? And I will say it again, if this is our guy, I will support him. But if it turns out to be just another Joe....then Cohen has to go. That is the bottom line.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Was Judge worth firing Moorhead for?
    That is one question that can be answered HELL YES

vCash
    Are people really going to complain about choosing Judge over Grantham, Chizik, Calhoun, Monken or Sark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Are people really going to complain about choosing Judge over Grantham, Chizik, Calhoun, Monken or Sark.
    I'm more complaining that those appeared to be our only options.

It's just odd that all his hires seem to be unknowns that lack SEC experience.

It's extremely odd.

Also, I want to hear the bigger picture. We haven't hired a CEO coach since Sherrill

vCash
    What experienced successful head coaches did we turn down or not pony up for? Napier didn't want to come here apparently. So Calhoun? Sark? Chizik? Monken? Without knowing who all was actually willing to come here and how much we were or we're not willing to pay, I'm not just going to assume that experienced successful head coaches were in abundance for us to hire. Sounds like we made a hard run and Napier and for whatever reason at the end of the day he didn't want to come here. The other guys? Meh. If those are the choices, and there's no reason to think they weren't, I would rather gamble on the higher ceiling of Judge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I'd personally take Calhoun, but it close. I might take Sark over him.

I definitely prefer judge over Grantham, monken, and absolutely without doubt over chizik

vCash
    Saban and Belichek, I will defer to them. If Saban pushes Judge to Belichek and Belichek pushes him to other nfl teams as a head coach, thats more than good enough for me.

I?m pretty excited about the prospects of Judge being our HC.

vCash
    So what are you gonna do.. Call John and ask him? Go to a game and ask him? Call the call in show and ask him?

Nope.
    Just run down the possible new hire before it's even made.

Good ole classic Shotgun. Everything is always bad.

vCash
    Judge could wind up being Nick Saban 2.0, but as of TODAY, the only two positives I can see with hiring Judge is:

1) He isn't Joe Moorhead

2) He isn't Gene Chizik

That's it.

Rosebowl will have our fans believing this is some homerun hire, but it's not. I pray he turns in to a star, because this is a failed search and hire by Cohen at the surface. SEC programs aren't where you go to learn how to be a college coach. The fact that Judge is even a serious candidate for our job should have us all freaking the hell out over who is running this thing. Some of our fans could be sold on bringing back Croom, I swear it's mind numbing.

And for the love of God can we please fix this slow server. It's taking 5 minutes to open a thread.

vCash
    I don't think Cohen has to explain anything to a message board hero that couldn't possibly attend any events because he has thousands of post. No way he can post that much, especially during games, to attend any.
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    I'm more complaining that those appeared to be our only options.

It's just odd that all his hires seem to be unknowns that lack SEC experience.

It's extremely odd.

Also, I want to hear the bigger picture. We haven't hired a CEO coach since Sherrill
    Arkansas hired Sam Pittman

Missouri hired the replacement to Satterfield

Ole Miss hired lane Kiffin who no one would touch.

These Power 5 coaches are well paid even at Purdue and Wake Forest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    So what are you gonna do.. Call John and ask him? Go to a game and ask him? Call the call in show and ask him?

Nope.
    Just run down the possible new hire before it's even made.

Good ole classic Shotgun. Everything is always bad.
    I said he may be the best coach we've ever had & I was even the first poster on here to recommend that we interview him.

What am I going to do? I'm going to keep posting on this site & keep coming up with ideas, good or bad, because I know the admin at MSU reads this board & my hope is that whatever is written about on this board helps to push the envelope forwards in terms of MSU's creativity & processes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Saban and Belichek, I will defer to them. If Saban pushes Judge to Belichek and Belichek pushes him to other nfl teams as a head coach, thats more than good enough for me.

I?m pretty excited about the prospects of Judge being our HC.
    That is a pretty good reference list; hard to go against it. I don't know anything about Judge but any of those listed is an upgrade over Joe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Judge could wind up being Nick Saban 2.0, but as of TODAY, the only two positives I can see with hiring Judge is:

1) He isn't Joe Moorhead

2) He isn't Gene Chizik

That's it.

Rosebowl will have our fans believing this is some homerun hire, but it's not. I pray he turns in to a star, because this is a failed search and hire by Cohen at the surface. SEC programs aren't where you go to learn how to be a college coach. The fact that Judge is even a serious candidate for our job should have us all freaking the hell out over who is running this thing. Some of our fans could be sold on bringing back Croom, I swear it's mind numbing.

And for the love of God can we please fix this slow server. It's taking 5 minutes to open a thread.
    Truth Cadaver.

vCash
    I said he may be the best coach we've ever had & I was even the first poster on here to recommend that we interview him.

What am I going to do? I'm going to keep posting on this site & keep coming up with ideas, good or bad, because I know the admin at MSU reads this board & my hope is that whatever is written about on this board helps to push the envelope forwards in terms of MSU's creativity & processes
    If our admin takes advice from this, or any, message board we need to get rid of everyone there.

vCash
    ?What would you do if Belichick called you and said, "John, Joe Judge reminds me of Saban when we were together in Cleveland. You should hire this guy"

What do you do? What does Keenum do?

Not saying that happened, but it's certainly possible.

Also, non traditional powers MUST have great special teams to win big. Judge would solve that issue for sure.

Additionally, with the backing of Jackie, Judge would be able to get the entire Mississippi State family & boosters backing him.??-Shotgundawg 1/6/20

vCash
    Unless we have something toxic inside our athletic department that nobody wants to come to MSU

vCash
    [QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;1215153]

Was Judge worth firing Moorhead for? /QUOTE]

why are you asking this? You have posted in the past "anyone but Moorhead."

vCash
    Shit hire. Hiring a damn Special Teams coordinator.