Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here is what I know...

vCash

Here is what I know...

This post goes in line with Shotgun's post but I wanted to separate it so it didn't get lost on the 4th page of another thread.

This is fact: To make a long story short - About 4 years ago a group of high level highly influential Ole Miss guys got together and strategically put together and marketing and media strategy to help boost Ole Miss Athletics. A few items on this list were:

1.) Help boost the town of oxford through strategic development opportunities and helping promote the town through specific media outlets

2.) Get rid of Colonel Reb and help re brand their mascot in ways that could not be used against them.

3.) Get the media on their side. Substantial donations were made and a plan was put in place to put Ole Miss alums in influential positions throughout the media outlets.

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:
    4.) Weaken Mississippi State from within. A strategy was put in place to have our fans turn on our coaching staff and weaken MSU from within which would in turn create a negative perception that could be used against us. This started by them waiting until certain players were committed to MSU and our fan base had already connected with those recruits before they would target them. It was then their mission to do "whatever it takes" to get those players to flip. They would then use their connections with the media outlets to make sure it became a hot topic. Everything from there has been a snowball effect.

Everything done to this point has been a very well executed plan and WE ARE HELPING THEM FACILITATE THIS PLAN. All of this negative bullshit has to stop.
    Last edited by AugustaDawg; 10-31-2013 at 06:09 PM.

vCash
    We have met the enemy and he is us.

vCash
    In summary, if I'm negative, I'm a closet rebel.

vCash
    Some people will fall for anything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustaDawg View Post
    MOST IMPORTANT ONE:
    4.) Weaken Mississippi State from within. A strategy was put in place to literally have our own fans weaken our program from within which would in turn create a negative perception that could be used against us. This started by them waiting until certain players were committed to MSU and our fan base had already connected with those recruits before they would target them. It was then their mission to do "whatever it takes" to get those players to flip. They would then use their connections with the media outlets to make sure it became a hot topic. Everything from there has been a snowball effect.

Everything done to this point has been a very well executed plan and WE ARE HELPING THEM FACILITATE THIS PLAN. All of this negative bullshit has to stop.
    Uhhhh...ok

vCash
    Any ole miss people working in our compliance department?

vCash
    Wait just one damn minute. You mean to tell me that I SHOULDNT have let forward rebels have that chip implanted in my brain even though they paid me?

Can't trust anyone. I'm so embarrassed.

vCash
    You might want to put on a tinfoil hat and go hide in the basement. Don't want the gestapo rebels reading your thoughts.

vCash
    Hilarious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    In summary, if I'm negative, I'm a closet rebel.
    Yep. Me too...

vCash
    Can these same OM people try and fix the national deficit?

These must be the smartest sonsabitches on the planet.

Now should MSU possibly pay media outlets to hire MSU students? Possibly yes

vCash

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:
    4.) Weaken Mississippi State from within. A strategy was put in place to literally have our own fans weaken our program from within which would in turn create a negative perception that could be used against us. This started by them waiting until certain players were committed to MSU and our fan base had already connected with those recruits before they would target them. It was then their mission to do "whatever it takes" to get those players to flip. They would then use their connections with the media outlets to make sure it became a hot topic. Everything from there has been a snowball effect.

Last edited by Behrdawg; 10-31-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    This post goes in line with Shotgun's post but I wanted to separate it so it didn't get lost on the 4th page of another thread.

This is fact: To make a long story short - About 4 years ago a group of high level highly influential Ole Miss guys got together and strategically put together and marketing and media strategy to help boost Ole Miss Athletics. A few items on this list were:

1.) Help boost the town of oxford through strategic development opportunities and helping promote the town through specific media outlets

2.) Get rid of Colonel Reb and help re brand their mascot in ways that could not be used against them.

3.) Get the media on their side. Substantial donations were made and a plan was put in place to put Ole Miss alums in influential positions throughout the media outlets.

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

Let me just say this and its been true for as long as I can remember. The diehard Rebel boosters (the ones that count) want to be better than us WAY more than the MSU boosters of note want to be better than them. We certainly have more boosters and fans that care now than we did back in the 70s and 80s but the gap is still there. Whenever MSU shows any signs of passing them up they will go to all lengths to improve themselves AND bring us down. Nothing has changed about that. It was shocking and inventive at the time for a school to hire PIs to dig up recruiting dirt on another school but that is EXACTLY what OM did to Jackie and us back in the late 90s that started our downfall then. I've said it many times that there are many things the big time OM boosters can live with but MSU having a better football program than they do is NOT one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Hilarious
    Hilarious that they thought it would work.
    Embarrassing that it could be.

Unfortunately, I'm connected to some very influential Ole Miss Alums who have been telling me this for a while. I called bullshit.

I'm starting to believe they aren't bullshitting.

vCash
    Augusta you are more than welcome to your opinion and I enjoy differing viewpoints. I'm just always weary of these things. I know some big OM and State boosters and we never discuss football besides anything lighthearted. It just trips me out how so many mb posters all have very influential friends that they discuss state and om recruiting strategy with. I could never imagine myself doing that. It's kind of funny to me. Like WTF?
    Last edited by BeastMan; 10-31-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Banned
    vCash

MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

Your Ole Miss buddies are currently laughing their ass off at you. Just saying...

vCash
    Hilarious that they thought it would work.
    Embarrassing that it could be.

Unfortunately, I'm connected to some very influential Ole Miss Alums who have been telling me this for a while. I called bullshit.

I'm starting to believe they aren't bullshitting.
    Falling for their bs is worse than the shit you accuse people on here of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    Falling for their bs is worse than the shit you accuse people on here of.
    Gentlemen.... We have a winner!!!!
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Augusta you are more than welcome to your opinion and I enjoy differing viewpoints. I'm just always weary of these things. I know some big OM and State boosters and we never discuss football besides anything lighthearted. It just trips me out how so many mb posters all have very influential friends that they discuss state and om recruiting strategy with. I could never imagine myself doing that. It's kind of funny to me. Like WTF?
    Winner
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Yep. Me too...
    Well the QB counter with Russell on 3rd and 3 had to be called by a Rebel fan.