Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here is where we are Part 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'm intrigued by Judge as well, but my guess is that the recruiting part of it is too risky.

I would interview him if I were Cohen just to see if he blows you away.

If not, let him continue to grow in the NFL until we need another coach. Maybe we get him a rebound like USC got Pete Carroll
    Retaining tony Hughes and putting Peterson on the field could go a long way helping judge with recruiting. I think he's an extreme long shot to get the job, but could be the highest ceiling guy on the board. Unfortunately, i think it could be a complete disaster too

vCash
    I could see Judge being our next coach after this one. Not sure we know enough about him to take the risk now.

Would love to get him on staff but I don't see how that would be possible
    He needs to run an offense or defense somewhere before I would be ready to pull the trigger. Theres no doubt he would know how a program and team is meant to be ran, and Im sure he knows Xs and Os. Belicheck aint letting you run shit if you dont. But that is a different world. You're dealing with grown men for the most part, you are dealing with kids here. Im not sure running the Pats STs is enough to get that top prospect to commit. That means a lot more to football nerds like me than it does a 17 year old kid with every girl from OM to Bama on his snapchat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    Judge is a risk, just like Moorhead was. Let's recap. I think it's so important for ANY SEC West school....you better hire someone who knows how the league works from the coaching level, not just as a former player. We're talking 4 million type of risk. I need to see Judge as a Head Coach somewhere before taking a chance.

Napier knows big time football in big time leagues. There's a huge difference b/w the 2 guys.
    Lol I think Judge has seen big time football in college and the NFL. He is two time National Champion at Alabama and three time Super Bowl Champion at New England. Yes Judge is a risk but I think his ceiling is a lot higher than Napier or Hud.

vCash
    Were Judge & Napier together at Bama?
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Now looking to next season what P5 is going to come open. There will be no SEC jobs open. Maybe SC or Vandy. Then look at the Big 12. I think Miss State is it for him but I can understand the business side of it for him. He wants to make as much as possible and he had the advantage.
    Agree he has the advantage in knowing we need to get this done quickly. I guess my main point is at least we aren't in a bidding war with some other schools. Unless something unexpected happens its coach for us in 2020 or stay another year in the Sun Belt with ULL.

vCash
    Can anybody confirm Napier possibly holding out for the Baylor job to open?

vCash
    This Joe Judge talk proves how incredibly poorly informed this lot can be. Did you people not just witness the Jovester erea? Wake up, we can't experiment here, this has to be a no nonsense can't miss hire.

vCash
    ULL bowl game doesn’t kick until Monday night.......FYI

vCash
    Were Judge & Napier together at Bama?
    Yes. 1 year in 2011.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    JoVester is out- can I get a Hell Yeah? That fat OM retarded ****er called Rowdy would give me one

We have offered the job to Napier. Cohen is low-balling Napier and trying to get his number. Who can blame him? Cohen is negotiating with an agent thru Napier- so you get alot of bullshit as you go thru that process. Napier doesnt want the story of him taking the State job to break before kickoff Saturday- so that is a big deal heading into the weekend. So he may want the job- but he will keep everything at bay about him jumping ship before Monday. He wants to win 11 games this season.

In the meantime- we know we can hire Todd Grantham as HC for 3MM per and allow him some extra money to hire some offensive staff. That is Plan B, C, or even D. It's the fallback.

Joe Judge with the Patriots is possible. Again- fallback plan

We will continue to talk to other agents. Cohen will stay on the phone the next 3-4 days. I'm proud they made the move they had to make instead of languising another year.
    I thought ULL played Monday? Is it Saturday?
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    JoVester is out- can I get a Hell Yeah? That fat OM retarded ****er called Rowdy would give me one

We have offered the job to Napier. Cohen is low-balling Napier and trying to get his number. Who can blame him? Cohen is negotiating with an agent thru Napier- so you get alot of bullshit as you go thru that process. Napier doesnt want the story of him taking the State job to break before kickoff Saturday- so that is a big deal heading into the weekend. So he may want the job- but he will keep everything at bay about him jumping ship before Monday. He wants to win 11 games this season.

In the meantime- we know we can hire Todd Grantham as HC for 3MM per and allow him some extra money to hire some offensive staff. That is Plan B, C, or even D. It's the fallback.

Joe Judge with the Patriots is possible. Again- fallback plan

We will continue to talk to other agents. Cohen will stay on the phone the next 3-4 days. I'm proud they made the move they had to make instead of languising another year.
    So we fired him when we did without a sure thing lined up? Cohen needs to be fired NOW. He can't be trusted to make the hire if this is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    So we fired him when we did without a sure thing lined up? Cohen needs to be fired NOW. He can't be trusted to make the hire if this is true.
    It’s not true. We have already established that negotiations were under way. Napier doesn’t want his team to be affected by the new coach talk. Read between the lines and chill out. Drink a beer. Have a nice weekend.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    It’s not true. We have already established that negotiations were under way. Napier doesn’t want his team to be affected by the new coach talk. Read between the lines and chill out. Drink a beer. Have a nice weekend.
    Hopefully you are right. Negotiations underway are NOT the same as a done deal. I've had a beer, or two. And some wine, and decent whisky. We are celebrating a milestone in our family. I stand by what I said. I said it in other threads before our celebrations started. If we fired him with no replacement done and dusted, given the timing Cohen should not be allowed to make the hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    This Joe Judge talk proves how incredibly poorly informed this lot can be. Did you people not just witness the Jovester erea? Wake up, we can't experiment here, this has to be a no nonsense can't miss hire.
    Yes, we once hired an NFL coach who was a player and assistant coach for a college national championship team/program but his NFL job was RB coach instead of special teams coach and that didn't turn out so well. Sorry, just too risky given what we just dealt with over the last 2 seasons.

vCash
    Just waiting patiently until official word comes out.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Napier is definitely keeping a tight lid on this thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    ULL bowl game doesn’t kick until Monday night.......FYI
    Fixed.. He can't always be perfect...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdog View Post
    Just waiting patiently until official word comes out.
    We all are buddy!

vCash
    Napier has to be the best coach in all of football. I mean, he has won 10 games this season with the most gullible bunch of players in organized sports. We all know that he will officially be Our coach by Tuesday. But in his quest to win that elusive eleven, he has convinced his players that he isn’t leaving. Or maybe they are sequestered.

After much consideration, I think Ol Billy maybe two-timing us with Mrs. Baylor. Will Mr. Rhule give her a divorce or renew his commitment after his second consecutive year of flirting with recent NFL divorc?es?

vCash
    Looks like it's Napier or Judge.

The job is Napier's if Baylor doesn't come open or Judge's if Napier goes to Baylor.

Baylor is Napier's preference (shitty schedule, private school, Texas, more than 4 year contract) & he'll attempt to elongate this till after the bowl game.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More