Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing

vCash

Hearing

We are going to make a major $$$$ investment in staff

vCash
    I believe you but just pointing out that doesn't every new coach get this statement made about their staff? When Moorhead was hired, I specifically remember a post saying that Joe was taking a reasonable salary so he could be aggressive with assistants. And yet here we are 2 years later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jwells View Post
    I believe you but just pointing out that doesn't every new coach get this statement made about their staff? When Moorhead was hired, I specifically remember a post saying that Joe was taking a reasonable salary so he could be aggressive with assistants. And yet here we are 2 years later.
    I think it's reasonable to believe that Cohen knows he has to get this right & will pull out all the stops
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I think it's reasonable to believe that Cohen knows he has to get this right & will pull out all the stops
    One would hope.

vCash
    If we want Napier I cant imagine hes not insisting on it. Weve got one of the lowest paid staffs in the conference, it's really really hard to get good coaches, let alone keep them. And hes a big recruiter so I'm sure he wants more than the 500k we spend on recruiting staff.

I'm all for it. 1) Its not my money, 2) our athletic department is 15M in the black so we can afford it, and 3) I want to win

vCash
    I'm hearing we are going to have to in order to bring in the guy we want. Assistants, analyst, recruiting staff and recruiting budgets all will see very significant increases.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    If we want Napier I cant imagine hes not insisting on it. Weve got one of the lowest paid staffs in the conference, it's really really hard to get good coaches, let alone keep them. And hes a big recruiter so I'm sure he wants more than the 500k we spend on recruiting staff.

I'm all for it. 1) Its not my money, 2) our athletic department is 15M in the black so we can afford it, and 3) I want to win
    I'm with you. Let's do this right and put our best foot forward and win some games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I'm hearing we are going to have to in order to bring in the guy we want. Assistants, analyst, recruiting staff and recruiting budgets all will see very significant increases.
    If that's Napier, that is very encouraging. He's not coming in to get a paycheck, he's here to win and take us to the next level.

vCash
    This has to be obvious to Cohen. We're sitting dead last in the SEC in assistants' salary pool around $3.6 mil according to USA Today article. That needs to be around or slightly above $5 mil to bring in a really solid staff. Let's hope we open up the damn check book this go around.

vCash
    Its almost like that makes sense.

We wont do it though bc thats too much like right

Banned
    vCash
    I remember back in the day it was shocking when JWS was the first college coach to break the $1M barrier at A&M. Amazing.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Its almost like that makes sense.

We wont do it though bc thats too much like right
    Yes we ARE!!

vCash
    That's the Alabama way of doing things. That would be very telling if true.

vCash
    Yep. Guys running everywhere according to Napier. But he said there is definitely a method to the madness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    That's the Alabama way of doing things. That would be very telling if true.
    Exactly. it wouldn't be just upping the bank for quality people... but QUANTITY.... Analysts... more recruiting staff...

vCash
    Heard the same. Look for us to go all out we have to get this one right. No more mulligans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    We are going to make a major $$$$ investment in staff
    If we don't, we're wasting our time. We've been too damn cheap when didn't have to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Exactly. it wouldn't be just upping the bank for quality people... but QUANTITY.... Analysts... more recruiting staff...
    I would think it would be both.

vCash
    If we can seal it- we are about to hire a major S&C coach also.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Heard the same. Look for us to go all out we have to get this one right. No more mulligans
    Exactly, were playing Tournament golf and it's time to act like it.