Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keyton Thompson got absolutely screwed

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

Keyton Thompson got absolutely screwed

Look at those reads last night. Stevens is bad at reading ?give or take?. His throws aren?t that much better than KT to warrant starting over him. And KT is light years better in the read option.

I Feel for KT but it hurt us the fans and the school more.

vCash
    KT would have won 8 games. Joe coming here royally screwed one of the highly touted guys we have ever gotten on campus. Not only that it severed relations in the NO area in all likelihood.

We win yesterday with a competent QB running the read whether that was Garrett or KT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared_Hitless View Post
    KT would have won 8 games. Joe coming here royally screwed one of the highly touted guys we have ever gotten on campus. Not only that it severed relations in the NO area in all likelihood.

We win yesterday with a competent QB running the read whether that was Garrett or KT.
    There is no doubt that we’ve taken a perception hit in New Orleans. It’s all I hear about from the locals when I wear State clothing down there now.

vCash
    look at it this way, 2019 is OVER and he can't play next year.

vCash
    TS made almost every read wrong and it showed. KT should be lauded by MSU fans for his loyalty and also putting up with this monkey of a coach that tries to f*** a basketball.

vCash
    Why has he not re-entered the portal yet?

If I were him I would've done it as soon as the Egg Bowl was over.
    Last edited by StateDawg44; 12-31-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: I would've like to see KT get his fair shot.

vCash
    Have any of you posting actually seen him play? I'm thinking not

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    Are Any of you defending this watching the games now?

Apparently not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    I saw him beat Louisville, break our school TD record for a single game, and also saw him will our team back against Ole Miss when our coach had quit on us. Yeah he doesn't throw a pretty practice spiral like Tommy but he is 100% more of a gamer and the team would have rallied behind him.

vCash
    I would have loved to see what KT could have done yesterday. I do feel bad for him. His situation was handled poorly, but what else should we expect from Joe? He can’t even handle telling the ST coach to tell the kick returners to fair catch the FN ball.

vCash
    I saw him beat Louisville, break our school TD record for a single game, and also saw him will our team back against Ole Miss when our coach had quit on us. Yeah he doesn't throw a pretty practice spiral like Tommy but he is 100% more of a gamer and the team would have rallied behind him.
    Amen.

vCash
    if JoMo would have played KT yesterday and we won the game--He would have looked the fool--for not playing him sooner.Joe would not play KT because he would have looked bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    if JoMo would have played KT yesterday and we won the game--He would have looked the fool--for not playing him sooner.Joe would not play KT because he would have looked bad.
    I said the exact same thing at the game yesterday. But he treats them all like he's their own son (eye roll).

vCash
    We all got screwed.... I'm determined to not pay attention to spring ball unless notable staff changes are made.

vCash
    KT is a gamer!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    Yes since his 11th grade.

vCash
    A few of us have been saying this for an entire year but man there was a lot of backlash for it up until recently. But hey, Tommy "sPuN iT!!!!" at the Manning Passing academy! His completion percentage in 7v7 practice drills was amazing also.

Banned
    vCash
    This.

vCash
    Joe and this offense would have made KT look bad too. When are you people going to get it? You romanticize what KT could do with Mullen as his coach. That's not what we would have gotten. KT would have looked like every other QB looks like in this offense: dog shit, because it's a dog shit offense and coaching staff.

Tommy (when/if healthy) would have been just fine with Mullen or some other competent coach. Same with KT. But we have a clown.

So just stop with the "we would have won 8 with KT" horse shit. This coach can only win 8 with the best defense in school history and the SEC's leading QB rusher. He ain't winning 8 with this defense and Keytaon friggin Thompson. And it's not because KT isn't good, because he's a fine QB.

Banned
    vCash
    KT in Egg Bowl 0-1
    Jomo in Egg Bowl 2-0

If you don't see the improvement you're blind. We're here to win state championships not national championships. Kick rocks if you aren't with the program you sand pounders.