Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Breiner

vCash

Andrew Breiner

Going to Miami after the bowl?

vCash
    Would be interesting - I actually though Dan Enos did a great job at ARK - not sure what happened this year at Miami

vCash
    Is this legit? What has he done to get Miami’s attention for the OC job? I was hoping QB coach/OC would be a change we’d make but wasn’t thinking Breiner would be getting interest from other schools. Is he looking to go elsewhere on his own?

vCash
    Joe's offense has worked at Penn State and parts of it at LSU. Joe may not be a great head coach but he is respected as an offensive mind. Getting someone that has worked under him is attractive to other schools. I've heard some rumors that Breiner may be leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if Cohen told him to do what LSU is doing with Brady and Ensminger and bring in someone that can compliment his offense. I don't expect for one minute that Joe is going to totally scrap "his" offense or completely give up play calling duties. But if we can get someone that can add some things to it and play call 25% of the time it may be beneficial. Probably will be this guy:

https://gopsusports.com/sports/footb...yler-bowen/779

We'll see how he does against Memphis tomorrow. He's the interim OC but PSU has just hired Minnesota's OC so Bowen will be moving on if I had to guess or would be willing to take a OCish job for us.

vCash
    Or we could just go after a Saints assistant like LSU

vCash
    Here's what I could see possibly happening/would maybe like to see happen. I'm assuming Joey Jones is leaving. And for this I'll assume Breiner is leaving.

HC/OC/QB- Joe Moorhead (Ducks. Hides.)
    RB- Terry Richardson
    WR- Mike Johnson (Really need some continuity here at the moment for recruiting IMO)
    Co-OC/TE- Tyler Bowen
    OL- Marcus Johnson
    DL- Deke Adams
    LB- Todd Orlando- if he doesn't land a DC job somewhere else of course. Problem with this position is so many LB coaches are also sitting DC's. If Orlando falls through I'd be good going with Jamar Chaney. Could do worse than a former NFL LB that loves MSU.
    Nickle- Tony Hughes
    CB- T-Buck
    DC/S- Bob Shoop
    ST- Ricky Brumfield- can also coach S/CB/WR/TE. From NOLA. Analytically coaches a top 5 ST unit this year.

https://virginiasports.com/sports/fo...brumfield/2620

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    Or we could just go after a Saints assistant like LSU
    I wonder how open Joe would be to someone like a Will Hall or a Dan Enos that could sort of incorporate Joe's RPO's to their offense? That's essentially what LSU did- adapt Sean Payton's offense to a collegiate level and then added in some of Joe's RPO's. It helps having a generational QB in Joe Burrow. They'll certainly regress next year. I wonder how much Joe Brady actually calls as far as the plays go. It seems to me like he is more of a consultant than anything else. And Ensminger makes the majority of the play calls. Ensminger was never anyone to write home about until Joe Burrow showed up.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Would bringing in someone to aid the offense, really help with the current crop of receivers we have? I?m not sure any offensive guru could miraculously help them learn how to get separation and actually catch the brown leather thing when it hits their hands.

Slight hijack. Do you remember the stories about Dak and the receivers working after practice and own their own? With limited, structured practice times, there is no way to get in enough work at any position. We all know Fitz liked extracurricular activities and did not hear the same ?extra work? stories about him. Maybe I?m wrong on that. But could be a big reason the receivers the last 3-5 years have underachieved. I could be completely wrong, but the players have to be hungry and willing to put in extra time if they want to be successful. Just not seeing it the last few seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Would bringing in someone to aid the offense, really help with the current crop of receivers we have? I?m not sure any offensive guru could miraculously help them learn how to get separation and actually catch the brown leather thing when it hits their hands.

Slight hijack. Do you remember the stories about Dak and the receivers working after practice and own their own? With limited, structured practice times, there is no way to get in enough work at any position. We all know Fitz liked extracurricular activities and did not hear the same ?extra work? stories about him. Maybe I?m wrong on that. But could be a big reason the receivers the last 3-5 years have underachieved. I could be completely wrong, but the players have to be hungry and willing to put in extra time if they want to be successful. Just not seeing it the last few seasons.
    Maybe not, but it could change who we target. CHE led all sec backs in targets and, I believe, receptions this year. Hill and Gibson and dear should have been used the same way. Backs in the passing game are a qb best friend.

vCash
    We should bring back Joe Judge for special teams and recruiting, is doing wonders at the Patriots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    We should bring back Joe Judge for special teams and recruiting, is doing wonders at the Patriots
    You really think he would leave the Patriots to be a special team coach? I sure don?t. That’s as crazy as hiring a LB coach who has never coached on any college level just because he played here.
    Last edited by AROB44; 12-28-2019 at 11:37 AM.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Joe's offense has worked at Penn State and parts of it at LSU. Joe may not be a great head coach but he is respected as an offensive mind. Getting someone that has worked under him is attractive to other schools. I've heard some rumors that Breiner may be leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if Cohen told him to do what LSU is doing with Brady and Ensminger and bring in someone that can compliment his offense. I don't expect for one minute that Joe is going to totally scrap "his" offense or completely give up play calling duties. But if we can get someone that can add some things to it and play call 25% of the time it may be beneficial. Probably will be this guy:

https://gopsusports.com/sports/footb...yler-bowen/779

We'll see how he does against Memphis tomorrow. He's the interim OC but PSU has just hired Minnesota's OC so Bowen will be moving on if I had to guess or would be willing to take a OCish job for us.
    If he’s calling plays today, well their offense looks as sloppy and discombobulated coming out of the gate as ours does lol. Kevin Johns is calling a way better game so far than Bowen is. I just hope if Breiner is moving on, we take advantage of the opportunity (lol at that thought) and make a solid upgrade there because it shouldn’t be too hard to upgrade from Breiner.

vCash
    I still don’t see getting quality replacements to come work for a coach who has a better than average chance of getting fired next season. Especially if they are happy at their current job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDawg94 View Post
    I still don’t see getting quality replacements to come work for a coach who has a better than average chance of getting fired next season. Especially if they are happy at their current job.
    SEC experience can get coaches foot in the door at a lot of places. There are several guys on Croom's staff that are now in the NFL among other places for example. Joe is also a respected football mind in the football world. Chris Brown who writes for Grantland and smartfootball.com was talking about Joe and his RPO's and how much it influenced Joe Brady and LSU's offense on Twitter today during the LSU/Oklahoma football game.

vCash
    Well Rosey said earlier today on 247 “I won’t be the least bit surprised if Breiner is elsewhere next season”. So that makes me think there’s some serious smoke that he’s probably gone. If so, we need to nut up and stop going cheap and try to hire a damn good QB/OC. I get some people say what good coach is going to come coach for a “lame duck” coach but this hire **could potentially** be a game changer for Joe and could save his future here. Not saying this will happen but the Joe Brady hire has obviously saved O’s ass for years to come with what he’s done this season. We just have to stop being damn cheap asses and throw some legit money around or north of $1 mil per year for someone to, not completely change Joe’s offense, but add some wrinkles and new concepts to go with it. We will find out soon enough if Joe is completely blind and unaware of needed changes or if he’s willing to admit some things need to change. And before anyone comes in with the “HE AINT GONNA CHANGE. NEVER WILL. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT”, no one knows 100% whether he might make some big changes yet or not until after the bowl game. I just hope like hell he realizes what’s been happening offensively is unacceptable and maybe he’s open to some new concepts and routes and formations and wrinkles being added to his offensive system.

vCash
    Breiner and Shrader do not get along at all. Breiner was told to look for another job I hear. We'll see if he lands one
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Breiner and Shrader do not get along at all. Breiner was told to look for another job I hear. We'll see if he lands one
    You hearing any other things on staff changes, C34?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Well Rosey said earlier today on 247 “I won’t be the least bit surprised if Breiner is elsewhere next season”. So that makes me think there’s some serious smoke that he’s probably gone. If so, we need to nut up and stop going cheap and try to hire a damn good QB/OC. I get some people say what good coach is going to come coach for a “lame duck” coach but this hire **could potentially** be a game changer for Joe and could save his future here. Not saying this will happen but the Joe Brady hire has obviously saved O’s ass for years to come with what he’s done this season. We just have to stop being damn cheap asses and throw some legit money around or north of $1 mil per year for someone to, not completely change Joe’s offense, but add some wrinkles and new concepts to go with it. We will find out soon enough if Joe is completely blind and unaware of needed changes or if he’s willing to admit some things need to change. And before anyone comes in with the “HE AINT GONNA CHANGE. NEVER WILL. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT”, no one knows 100% whether he might make some big changes yet or not until after the bowl game. I just hope like hell he realizes what’s been happening offensively is unacceptable and maybe he’s open to some new concepts and routes and formations and wrinkles being added to his offensive system.
    I don’t know anything of MSU to be a “fact” but I will believe Moorhead will make changes when I see them.
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Going to Miami after the bowl?
    Dolphins or The U?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsofAnarchy View Post
    I don’t know anything of MSU to be a “fact” but I will believe Moorhead will make changes when I see them.
    Well read what C34 is hearing above, he’s even saying he’s heard Breiner was told to look for a job. There’s 1. I think we can expect changes at ST and S&C or at least that should almost be a given. The 247 people have hinted at those 2 spots as being possible changes for over a month or so. I’m just “hopeful” that these will be made. Who knows though. We’ll all know soon enough.