Thread: Looking for hunting lease/club in Noxubee Co

vCash

Looking for hunting lease/club in Noxubee Co

Anyone have any land for lease or club memberships open in 2020 around Brooksville area in Noxubee?

vCash
    Just curious but why not just hunt the refuge...I grew up on Noxubee and there are plenty of deer there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Just curious but why not just hunt the refuge...I grew up on Noxubee and there are plenty of deer there.
    Bow hunting is nice there, but once rifle season opens it?s a free for all. You?ve got some places that are pressured as much, but overall it?s a cluster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Cause public land and idiots with high powered rifles.

vCash
    Nox Co has huge deer with all the corn farming but they also have a ton of hogs. Would be a fun place to have some land. Any particular reason it has to be north/Brooksville? Good looking land down south too by Sugarlot (I’m not even attempting to spell that, y’all know what I mean lol)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Nox Co has huge deer with all the corn farming but they also have a ton of hogs. Would be a fun place to have some land. Any particular reason it has to be north/Brooksville? Good looking land down south too by Sugarlot (I?m not even attempting to spell that, y?all know what I mean lol)
    Shuqualak lol Brooksville is where our place is in Noxubee so it would be closer, but I'm open to anywhere in the vicinity.

vCash
    It is definitely one of the prime areas in Mississippi. I had a place in Artesia I hunted for several years, killed a stud 7 1/2 year old on it a couple years ago. His right base measured 5 7/8 , left was 7 1/8 , like coke cans. Weighed 226 and I killed him the second week of January so he had lost a good bit of weight during the rut. Would love to know what he would have weighed late October early November. You can see in the pic below he makes the bed of my f-250 look small.
    Last edited by Treemydawg; 12-24-2019 at 10:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    It is definitely one of the prime areas in Mississippi. I had a place in Artesia I hunted for several years, killed a stud 7 1/2 year old on it a couple years ago. His right base measured 5 7/8 , left was 7 1/8 , like coke cans. Weighed 226 and I killed him the second week of January so he had lost a good bit of weight during the rut. Would love to know what he would have weighed late October early November. You can see in the pic below he makes the bed of my f-250 look small.
    Damn! Artesia is about 7 mins from my house!

vCash
    bump. Still looking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Shuqualak lol Brooksville is where our place is in Noxubee so it would be closer, but I'm open to anywhere in the vicinity.
    Best Rabbit hunt I've ever been on was in Shuqualak ... coming out after the morning hunt across an old cut-over and holding dogs by their leashes someone shot a rabbit with buckshot, next thing 30-06's were trying to hit running rabbits .... we went to the house and grabbed shotguns and that afternoon (without dogs) three of us killed around 20 rabbits by just kicking at brush piles in about 2 hours .... I'll never forget it.

I used to hunt some Georgia Pacific land that bordered Dancing Rabbit Hunting Club ... Not sure but I thought that was Noxubee Co ... I've heard that Dancing Rabbit Club was pretty expensive tho
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Cause public land and idiots with high powered rifles.
    ^^^^^this