Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Ward - No Spoilers

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash

Star Ward - No Spoilers

Well done. I would recommend it.
    Last edited by Lord McBuckethead; 12-19-2019 at 11:32 PM.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Did Robin save the day or another child from the orphanage?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Yawn. The only really good one was the original. The second one was decent. The rest.......marketing, ala Spaceballs. They lost me with the teddy bears in the third one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Yawn. The only really good one was the original. The second one was decent. The rest.......marketing, ala Spaceballs. They lost me with the teddy bears in the third one.
    Empire="decent"....

Lolz, your Star Wars talkin' privileges are revoked, Pool.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Empire="decent"....

Lolz, your Star Wars talkin' privileges are revoked, Pool.
    Seriously, I loved the original Star Trek series. It was what it was, a space opera, even the much maligned "Third Season", love them. The original Star Wars movie, and the next three were....ok. They were decent, Empire was probably the best of the Star Wars "films", but it doesn't qualify as space opera for me. A space opera needs lots of action, imagination, and serious plot is optional. If a space opera pretends to be serious, and especially if it markets teddy bears, it loses its credentials as a space opera.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 12-19-2019 at 11:42 PM.

vCash
    Star Wars is for children, not kidults

vCash
    Should've ended when Vader died a long time ago.

vCash

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Star Wars is for children, not kidults
    Gatekeeping what people can enjoy based on their age. Ridiculous. Especially on a board dedicated to watching people play roided up chess.
    Last edited by dantheman4248; 12-20-2019 at 08:38 AM.

vCash
    Never seen a minute of any Star Wars, Star Trek, Dancing with the Stars and whatever those other tv shows are. Doesn't bother me one bit

vCash
    The first Star Wars was great because nothing like it had ever been seen. From the opening to the end you were all in. It was all downhill from there. Characters kept changing and I really couldn't keep up with who's who. Now Star Trek is different. I loved all the movies, especially the new ones. You knows the characters and how they interact with each other. The story lines and action are well scripted and believable. You really feel like your on an adventure.

Along these lines I like all the Indiana Jones movies. A lot of action, comedy, drama and romance in a great story with believable characters.

vCash
    Not interested in seeing Star Wars: The Cries of Soy Woker.

vCash
    Can't wait for SpaceBalls 2, the Princess takes the Schwartz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Never seen a minute of any Star Wars, Star Trek, Dancing with the Stars and whatever those other tv shows are. Doesn't bother me one bit
    That's just UnAmerican ... MINUS Dancing with the Stars.

vCash
    I thought it was good too. The sex scene between Kylo and Luke felt a little forced but besides that not a bad watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    I thought it was good too. The sex scene between Kylo and Luke felt a little forced but besides that not a bad watch
    All of a sudden Luke kissing Leia doesn't seem to bad.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    No spoilers, GD'IT!!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    5/10 in my book. Nothing spectacular, nothing just egregious. Nothing special about it. No desire to rewatch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    5/10 in my book. Nothing spectacular, nothing just egregious. Nothing special about it. No desire to rewatch.
    I’m pretty much in the same boat. Fun movie but a bit of a mess. You can tell that Abrams and Johnson definitely were trying to point this trilogy in different directions. They messed up by trying to figure it out as they went along not having one laid out vision for the three movies. Also didn’t help that J.J. and Rian are two polar opposites in terms of directing style. I liked TFA and TLJ, this one was OK but definitely my least favorite of the three. I think they would’ve been better off with either J.J. or Rian directing all three of them instead of bouncing between the two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I’m pretty much in the same boat. Fun movie but a bit of a mess. You can tell that Abrams and Johnson definitely were trying to point this trilogy in different directions. They messed up by trying to figure it out as they went along not having one laid out vision for the three movies. Also didn’t help that J.J. and Rian are two polar opposites in terms of directing style. I liked TFA and TLJ, this one was OK but definitely my least favorite of the three. I think they would’ve been better off with either J.J. or Rian directing all three of them instead of bouncing between the two.
    I saw it tonight. I felt like it was basically JJ Abrams trying to fix everything Rian Johnson screwed up- and I think he did a decent job of it. Overall I enjoyed it. I think the nerd reviews about it being bad are over the top. I wish JJ had directed the entire trilogy and I think it would be have been a lot better overall. This movie suffered because it had to fix a lot from episode 8. I think most Star Wars fans that watch it would be satisfied with how it ended and how the characters were treated.

I hope Disney takes about five years off between this and the next trilogy because I think they are giving everyone Star Wars fatigue with a new Star Wars movie coming out basically every year. Solo I think suffered a lot from that plus the backlash from Episode 8 even though it was a pretty good movie I thought. The nerds are ruining Star Wars too. They're all like "Well, Rey's back story should have been this like my theory and since it wasn't they've ruined Star Wars and I'd like to see more character development about that random guy in the Space Bar that really had nothing to do with anything and then that X-wing fighter pilot who got shot down- if they had explored his backstory his death would have been a lot more meaningful."