Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This has probably been done before but...

vCash

This has probably been done before but...

Just wondering how many of you guys have actually played a sport past the high school level or coached at any level above park league. Just thought it would be a different conversation than what we have been discussing here for the last week

vCash
    College rugby. Yeah. I know. But, its past high school level.

Was practicing in fall-ball with JUCO baseball until my first calculus test. Figured I had a better chance to be an engineer than making it to the big leagues.
    Last edited by Mjoelner34; 12-07-2019 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    And I?m not meaning it to sound like playing college ball makes a person more qualified to an opinion. I played small college football and hated it. Definitely didn?t learn anything from playing that makes my opinion matter

vCash
    JUCO football. One knee surgery in high school and two surgeries in JUCO. Hung it up to be able to walk when I'm 60.

Banned
    vCash
    Good thread starter Alpha as I would be interested to know as well. C'moan EDer's , fess up, would like to know who all is here that have made it that far myself. Wish I could add myself to the list. I could scoop a hot grounder at the H.S. Level and fling it good all around the infield at 2nd but the H.S. curve ball ended my little ass fast. I was too afeared of the fast benders that started at my head and ended up in the catcher's mitt for a strike. Does motocross count? Oh wait, I sucked at that too. never mind.

vCash
    I spent two years a student coach at a Junior college. I have coached high school baseball and basketball for the past 6 years, as well as worked several college baseball and basketball camps.

I didn't play anything past sophomore year of high school. 16 and dumb. But played baseball, basketball, and football then.

vCash
    Im a QB coach at a 2A high school in central Alabama. Didnt play football past high school. Played a year of baseball at juco level but wasnt great obviously LOL
    Last edited by Paldridge10; 12-07-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDeltadawg1971 View Post
    JUCO football. One knee surgery in high school and two surgeries in JUCO. Hung it up to be able to walk when I'm 60.
    I'd prolly had quit after the 1st one. Kudos sir.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paldridge10 View Post
    Im a QB coach at a 2A high school in central Alabama. Didnt play football past high school. Played a year of baseball at juco level but wasnt great obviously LOL
    actually , compared to those who made it only to the H.S. level , that's awesome. QB coach only at 2A? do you not have other coaching duties on the team? curious.

vCash
    Played football, baseball, basketball up to Jr year, and track in high school. Academy ball doesn't get many looks but we won a lot of state championships in baseball and track. Was offered to come play juco baseball(could hit pretty well) but went straight to MSU. Just didn't want to lose 2 years of my life at Juco for just a chance to try to play at MSU. Probably should have tried out at MSU just for the hell of it. Would have probably been a fun experience. Would have been a good base runner!! Had 10.9, 100 meter speed. Never ran the 60 which baseball likes I believe. So there is my experience for everyone to see. Although I believe you can have pretty good knowledge of the game without playing at a college level.

vCash
    I played a couple years of JUCO baseball. Never played football past HS. After JUCO, had an opportunity to go play 2 more years at a smaller school but was ready to hang it up. Didn’t see any future whatsoever in baseball so decided to hang it up and wanted to be a regular student and be at MSU to be there for the education and mostly to be around the sports. Comes a time when it just hits you that there’s no financial future in the sport and I wanted to go get an education & degree from MSU so that’s what I went with. Also, my body had just about shut down & I’m Type 1 Diabetic (diagnosed at 3) so college sports with that was really really tough & rough on my body/health.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    I played a couple years of JUCO baseball. Never played football past HS. After JUCO, had an opportunity to go play 2 more years at a smaller school but was ready to hang it up. Didn’t see any future whatsoever in baseball so decided to hang it up and wanted to be a regular student and be at MSU to be there for the education and mostly to be around the sports. Comes a time when it just hits you that there’s no financial future in the sport and I wanted to go get an education & degree from MSU so that’s what I went with. Also, my body had just about shut down & I’m Type 1 Diabetic (diagnosed at 3) so college sports with that was really really tough & rough on my body/health.
    Damn dude. I'm 56 and recently diagnosed as type 2 but maybe a borderline. would like to share some nutrition feedback with you in the future. My bro-in-law is type 1. I feel blessed I'm not type-1. That's shit's hell for you guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Damn dude. I'm 56 and recently diagnosed as type 2 but maybe a borderline. would like to share some nutrition feedback with you in the future. My bro-in-law is type 1. I feel blessed I'm not type-1. That's shit's hell for you guys.
    Sure thing, be glad to! It’s tough and has its challenges. I usually don’t throw that out there because I don’t want it to be like a pity thing or to get people to feel sorry for me or anything like that. For a while, it was the “why me?” phase and that caused me to not put the focus and attention on it that it demands. But I try not to think of it that way now (I’m 23 btw so been with it for 20 years). I’ve got it, nothing I can do to change that, so I try to live every day more with a “well I was given this for a reason, might as well man up and deal with it” kind of attitude. It took some maturing and a lot of work to manage it while playing sports & it’s a daily thing for the rest of my life but I’ll be damned if I let it define me, beat me, or feel sorry for myself. There’s people that deal with a whole heck of a lot worse than this so I can man up manage Type 1 Diabetes. But sure thing, any nutrition questions or anything along that line, I’d be glad to give any info out I can.

vCash
    D2 College Football and Baseball
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    actually , compared to those who made it only to the H.S. level , that's awesome. QB coach only at 2A? do you not have other coaching duties on the team? curious.
    I do special teams as well. And will call plays if we have a big lead. The head coach is also the OC(sounds familiar...)

vCash
    College baseball......triple AAA Baseball Cinn Reds. Had Scholarship to play college football also but chose baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    College baseball......triple AAA Baseball Cinn Reds. Had Scholarship to play college football also but chose baseball.
    Wes Rea?
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Played HS baseball in Cobb County in GA. Turned down a couple of JUCOs and a NAIA opportunity to go to MSU but decided I was done with ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphadog View Post
    Just wondering how many of you guys have actually played a sport past the high school level or coached at any level above park league. Just thought it would be a different conversation than what we have been discussing here for the last week
    Turned down JUCO and Belhaven in baseball because I just wanted to go to State and had a nagging arm injury. Truth be known, I was to lazy to do it. Wanted to have a good time at State with my buddies, screw baseball.

Coached HS football 10 years
    Last edited by Spiderman; 12-08-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    I did.