Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Muschamp fires QB coach, SC coach and demotes OC, hmmm

Banned
    vCash

So Muschamp fires QB coach, SC coach and demotes OC, hmmm

Look at the contrasts at USC and MSU. Muschamp makes changes feeling pressure. What do we do? Coddle a loser coach while he insults our fanbase.

vCash
    Muschamp deserves to be fired more than Joe. I couldn't imagine going into year 5 with that guy

Banned
    vCash
    Maybe so that isn't the point. Anyone on the hot seat meaning a game away from being fired, has to make changes especially in the areas of obvious weakness. Muschamp willing to do that but appears we are not.

vCash
    The moral of this story is never hire a baseball coach to be your AD.

Banned
    vCash
    Based on the Matt Wyatt interview, appears to be about right. Too important a position to hire a learn on the job hire. I said on another post, you can't have AD and HC both learning on the job. Blind leading the blind. That is where we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Look at the contrasts at USC and MSU. Muschamp makes changes feeling pressure. What do we do? Coddle a loser coach while he insults our fanbase.
    Oh for Pete's sake... I'd take JoMo in a heartbeat over Muschamp. One is recruiting and getting ready for a bowl game... one is not. Joe, hopefully, will make changes afterwards...including an OC.

vCash
    Based on the Matt Wyatt interview, appears to be about right. Too important a position to hire a learn on the job hire. I said on another post, you can't have AD and HC both learning on the job. Blind leading the blind. That is where we are.
    What exactly is your criteria for an AD? Honest question. Is there an aptitude test?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake... I'd take JoMo in a heartbeat over Muschamp. One is recruiting and getting ready for a bowl game... one is not. Joe, hopefully, will make changes afterwards...including an OC.
    We'll see. If he does that is a positive step but I'll believe it when I see it. Thread not about who is better; I don't want Muschamp either.

vCash
    Signing day and bowl prep coming up. Hopefully changes will happen after that.

vCash
    What exactly is your criteria for an AD? Honest question. Is there an aptitude test?
    For an SEC school? Prior experience as a full time AD

vCash
    Okay. And again, not stating a position or arguing... did Byrne or Loafers have SEC experience?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    At least actually training as an athletic administrator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    So explain to me how much you like Greg Byrne at MSU.

I'll hang around and wait while you have to backtrack considering Byrne was not an AD prior to taking our job as AD.

vCash
    Okay. And again, not stating a position or arguing... did Byrne or Loafers have SEC experience?
    Yes they both did as assistant AD for the very well respected Mitch Barnheart at KY. Scott started in athletic admin here then moved on to Auburn before KY.

vCash
    Might be because they’re uniforms are hung up for the year. We still have a month of practice and a game to play.
    While I agree staff changes need to be made I hope the intensity of our coaching staff will be amped up in bowl preparations. I did see a different attitude and intensity from players and coaches last week. Moorhead needs to evaluate and cut bait when the season is officially over.

vCash
    Someone that knows athletics, has worked in the industry, has connections, understands keeping boosters happy, knows how to raise money, and knows when to cut ties.

vCash
    We aren't going to make any personnel changes prior to a bowl game. That would be kinda stupid. All our coaches need to focus on winning the bowl game and look at it as a business trip as Cohen said. Geeshh!!!
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 12-03-2019 at 08:46 PM.

vCash
    The Jo Mo bashing is getting tired.......we are going to make some changes. I am sure Jo feels badly that it?s not on your timeline. Just gonna have to kick rocks until it happens

Banned
    vCash
    We just can't seem to build or hold on to nice things. Our AD position must suck. Every time we get a good one who starts doing good, they bolt. Even leaving their alma mater.

So we hire a baseball coach who has proven he's in over his head by retaining JOMO who has no business being HC of an SEC team. I guess the position has become so toxic Cohen's the best we can do these days.

vCash
    We aren't going to fire any assistants till after the bowl. South Carolina is not going to a bowl. Good grief you people can't even figure that one out.