Thread: Looking for a good electric smoker.

vCash

Looking for a good electric smoker.

suggestions?

vCash
    Traeger. Lots of folks I know have them, and I have had some great food off them.

vCash
    awesome. thank you for the intel.

vCash
    Not electric but I purchased a BIg Green Egg about 10 years ago and it's the best thing I ever got for cooking. I smoke on it all the time. There's a bit of a learning curve on getting it set but it does an amazing job.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    I've only used one electric smoker before -- an old Brinkman barrel-style smoker -- and I was unimpressed.

Sapper's dead-on about Traeger, but I thought they just made pellet smokers. If pellet smokers are fair game, too, then yeah, I'd look at Traeger for sure. I've also had good stuff off a Camp Chef pellet smoker. My brother's got one and has enjoyed it.

If you're sticking with pure electric, look at these reviews from Amazing Ribs. That should give you an idea of what models and brands to target.

Hope you find a good one. Smoking's a hell of a way to spend a day.

vCash
    Thanks Ya'll

vCash
    I'm a little late to this party, but wanted to chime in that RecTec grills are awesome! I have one and you pay a little bit more than what you'd find in a big box store, but they are built to last. Link below for you give them a look see.

https://www.rectecgrills.com/

vCash
    Thank you Gutter. A few State buddies I know have also mentioned RecTec. Appreciate your input. Maybe Santa will be nice to me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CLTDAWG94 View Post
    Thank you Gutter. A few State buddies I know have also mentioned RecTec. Appreciate your input. Maybe Santa will be nice to me...
    If Santa is nice to you, regardless of brand, and he brings you a grill - please post and let us know.

The cooking threads here spawned me to branch out, so I'd enjoy having some discussion around the actual cooking on a pellet grill.