Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where does Simmons rank on all time list?

vCash

Where does Simmons rank on all time list?

Where does Simmons rank for y’ll on the all time bulldog greats list? IMO he’s top 3 and might be sitting at the top. He forced teams to account for him on every single play often being doubled and still affected the game directly.

Man I miss watching him play for the maroon and white. Guy played intelligent and angry.
    Last edited by BB30; 10-20-2019 at 08:30 PM.

vCash
    He's good ... outstandingly good. On D ... I don't know with different eras and all but in last 30 years it's him and Fletcher IMO.

Banned
    vCash
    Easily top 3.

Dak is number one.
    Maybe Nicko Whitley
    Then Simmons no lower than 3.

vCash
    Talent wise he is probably the best player to ever attend here. Dak will always be #1 player though but he is top 3 or 5

Banned
    vCash
    Not really a fan off all the pregame scraps he tried to get going, but the dude set a tone. The players I tend to remember the most are the guys that just seemed to be involved with everything. Dak, Abram, AD, Cox, Slay, Broomfield, Simmons, Chris Jones, White, BBrown, KJ, Moulds, Banks, Bond, Norwood, Sweat... Man there are a bunch others too.

I think as far as Dlinemen, I would go Cox, CJones, Sweat, and Simmons. No particular order. May even have to put McPhee and Preston Smith in that mix.

vCash
    He’s easily top 3 for me

Banned
    vCash
    Nickoe, dude just wrecked folks. He had knee issues, but when he was on the field, the middle of the field....hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Not really a fan off all the pregame scraps he tried to get going, but the dude set a tone. The players I tend to remember the most are the guys that just seemed to be involved with everything. Dak, Abram, AD, Cox, Slay, Broomfield, Simmons, Chris Jones, White, BBrown, KJ, Moulds, Banks, Bond, Norwood, Sweat... Man there are a bunch others too.

I think as far as Dlinemen, I would go Cox, CJones, Sweat, and Simmons. No particular order. May even have to put McPhee and Preston Smith in that mix.
    "...guys that just seemed to be involved with everything" pretty much defines Fred Smoot... aka Mr. Snot-bubbles!!!

Banned
    vCash
    Abram too. He made sure it was going to hurt if you got by the front 7.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    "...guys that just seemed to be involved with everything" pretty much defines Fred Smoot... aka Mr. Snot-bubbles!!!
    Thats true. I messed up leaving him off the list, but he was before my time.

vCash
    What Generation? Anyone remember DD Lewis, Jim Webb and Johnny Cooks?

vCash
    Y'all are missing guys like Johnie cooks and Tyrone Keyes off those great early 80's teams. Bond has to be up there too as he really was a near perfect wishbone option QB.

Simmons definitely great though, I remember in the TAMU game last year he was double teamed on one play and knocked the C and LG to their knees with ashove to each.

vCash
    He's the best defensive player we have ever had- better than Cooks. Keys, Cox, Abram....He is going to be a force for years in the NFL
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Johnnie Cooks and DD Lewis. DD is probabaly the best ever here, he was just on a terrible team.

vCash
    Based on talent and pure freakish athleticism, he's probably #1. In the eyes of the fans, he's in the top 10 for sure and is pushing top 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redstickdawg View Post
    Y'all are missing guys like Johnie cooks and Tyrone Keyes off those great early 80's teams. Bond has to be up there too as he really was a near perfect wishbone option QB.

Simmons definitely great though, I remember in the TAMU game last year he was double teamed on one play and knocked the C and LG to their knees with ashove to each.
    Alot of these young guys dont realize Cooks was the 2nd overall player drafted back in the early 80's. But I'd have to put Simmons ahead of him.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

All that pregame stuff was purposeful just to get in their heads. He didn’t mean any of it at all. Dude is as smart as he is talented.

vCash
    He’s up there especially the way he handled things after the early video incident. I see him doing really big things in the NFL

vCash

When he came out against LSU/Bama in 2017 holding that chain like “Thou shalt not pass” was legendary

vCash

Simmons was WAY better in college than Jones. Not even close.... and yes I know you said no order, I was just making that point.