Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Even More Cats Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Even More Cats Edition

Our third straight week of playing some felines. Auburn?s defense is really really good so I?ll have bourbon close by. Sunday I?ll be doing a big church event that will require me to start cooking by 7am.

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Started off the weekend with a little Woodford Double Oaked. Damnation, y'all, that stuff's awesome. Following it up with some Eagle Rare and The Who Sell Out. Great, underappreciated album. First half is especially strong.

Going to fry some chicken this weekend, I think. Not part of our normal repertoire so I'm interested to see how it goes. Otherwise, standard stuff. Kids, watering (good God, we need rain up here), and football.

vCash
    Just bought a sixer of sweetwater 420 strain... but it’s hot. Tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Just bought a sixer of sweetwater 420 strain... but it’s hot. Tomorrow
    Spin that beer on ice like you are on the way back from Sack n’ Save and you’ll be good.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    After a long week, I had zero desire to cook or even stop on the way home. Eagle rare for me and a couple frozen pizzas to feed the family tonight. I'll come up with something better tomorrow.

Beast, I hope you like that SW 420 better than I did...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post

Beast, I hope you like that SW 420 better than I did...

Ive has it before. I’m a fan. Did you get the regular or the mango 420 strain?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Spin that beer on ice like you are on the way back from Sack n’ Save and you’ll be good.

I’m just old enough to remember Starkville only selling hot beer and I’ve done this a few times... Good times

vCash
    I?m just old enough to remember Starkville only selling hot beer and I?ve done this a few times... Good times
    You aren't supposed to make a man in his mid-40s feel old Beast.

My wife's friend has a birthday this weekend. So apparently they decided to cook brunch and drink all day. I'm not one to argue, so I'm enjoying a zing zang Bloody Mary, sausage bars, some fresh pastries from a local bakery, and fruit. Doing some chicken and shrimp stir fry tonight.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 09-28-2019 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    We decided on simple tonight. We got burgers on the kettle, baked beans on the stove, stuff for side salads, and I got some cold beers. Beat the Tigers

vCash
    Did pizza tonight on the egg:

More Eagle Rare for my drink. If I had known that our football team was going to go full Washington Generals, I'd have started earlier.

vCash
    I’m just old enough to remember Starkville only selling hot beer and I’ve done this a few times... Good times
    Dang it Beast. I was IN college when they sold hot beer.

vCash
    Capped things off with beignets tonight:

They turned out great. Of course, that's all the kids wanted to eat for dinner . . . .

vCash
    Man, those beignets look great.

I grilled shrimp last night and watched as much of that miserable game as I could handle.

Carnitas & modelos watching the saints tonight. Don't want Dak to fail tonight, but hope the Dalls D does...