Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JoMo Can Win Me Over Saturday Night

vCash

JoMo Can Win Me Over Saturday Night

Yup, I just said it.

JoMo can win me over vs Auburn.

I know I'm bi-polar so hold that joke, but something happened to me in the 2nd quarter vs Kentucky. I felt the cool, fresh air of Shrader, looked at our OL depth, looked at our RB commits, & then looked at our current WRs along with the committed WRs, looked at our young DBs along with those committed, & looked at the young DL & I said "Damn" we are going to win a lot of games with these dudes.

That being said, unless the NCAA & the college Prezs get their heads out of their asses on football scholarships, there is no way we can field a team that has anywhere near the amount of total talent that the blue bloods have & thus MSU must have a coach that is capable of getting players to play above their ability & a knack for clever strategy that gives us a chance.

Saturday night Joe has that chance & MSU has nothing to lose. I need to know that win or lose Saturday night, Joe is capable of getting players to execute & play above themselves on the road.

I think Joe is a solid coach that will definitely prevent our program from bottoming out, but I'm on the fence about whether or not he is the "THE GUY".

Nothing that happens on Saturday can really destroy my hope in him, but finding a way to score points & taking Auburn deep into the 4th quarter with a legitimate chance to win would go an awful long way on helping me believe the Joe is the "THE GUY" that can take us to new heights.

This is the type of game where great coaching will show. I want to see it.

I want to see all that beautiful shit Joe draws on the white board equate into actually points on the scoreboard against a really good defense.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 09-26-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If Joe coaches a win Saturday night everyone should take a deep breath and get back on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If Joe coaches a win Saturday night everyone should take a deep breath and get back on board.
    He doesn't even have to win. Just put together a hellacious game plan along with the team executing at a high level.

A good coach doesn't get blown out here. He finds a way to give his team a chance.

vCash
    I have been team JoMo the whole way. But, I would like to see a disciplined, minimally penalized team that goes out and executes. Can we win? Yes. The odds are not in our favor, but a good solid game with everyone giving 100% effort and executing at a high level will make me happy. (No I'm not ok with losing, but can stomach it if we look competent) KSU was tough to swallow, but they are far from a bad team and even with injuries/suspensions and a true freshman playing the second half we had a chance to win in the end. Disciplined, clean ball and this team can win some games this year even during a rebuild.
    Last edited by Dental Dawg33; 09-26-2019 at 09:46 AM.

vCash
    Why does he need to win you over? I’m all for questioning things, but he doesn’t have to win me over. There are a number of things I question, but until we completely shit the bed, fans shouldn’t be completely off the wagon. Lose to one of the bottom feeders like AR and we’d have a problem. But we’re in a two year rebuild right now. And with Shrader as our future in an offense he’s familiar with, along with a number of better WRs coming in, it’d be smart not to jump off the wagon. There’s a big difference in having concerns and turning your back. I’m going to say what I think, but keep winning 7+ games and I’m not jumping ship. Now, he can shut my mouth by by winning the easy ones and sneaking a couple unexpected wins in. KSU was marginal loss that stings. Can’t have many of those in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Why does he need to win you over? I’m all for questioning things, but he doesn’t have to win me over. There are a number of things I question, but until we completely shit the bed, fans shouldn’t be completely off the wagon. Lose to one of the bottom feeders like AR and we’d have a problem. But we’re in a two year rebuild right now. And with Shrader as our future in an offense he’s familiar with, along with a number of better WRs coming in, it’d be smart not to jump off the wagon. There’s a big difference in having concerns and turning your back. I’m going to say what I think, but keep winning 7+ games and I’m not jumping ship. Now, he can shut my mouth by by winning the easy ones and sneaking a couple unexpected wins in. KSU was marginal loss that stings. Can’t have many of those in the future.
    - He doesn't need to win me over. I'm nothing but a fan. That being said, bringing hope of bigger & better things will go a long way in winning over the fan base.

- He has completely shit the bed. He shit the bed vs KY in 2018, LSU in 2018, Iowa in 2018, & K-State in 2019.

- I get that this isn't our best roster, but I don't think we are in a rebuild.

- Getting blown out Saturday night would be very concerning to me. I want to see more out of JoMo. I'm good with a few inexplicable losses if combined with that we get the upside of winning big games. I'm good with that trade off.

vCash
    My worst-case fear it this:

On offense they play 8 in the box to take away Hill and play press man coverage to take away all short routes we've used a bunch to get the ball out of GS hands. We'll try to hit some home runs as a result and not connect and as a result we just look overmatched.

On defense all those run plays KY was ripping for 10 plus yards on the edge become even bigger plays and we simply can't shut them down. Meaning we don't even force Nix to beat us but b/c they run at will they throw in a HB pass or flea flicker as they always do and we don't have a player in the screen.

Maybe it's the pessimist in me but for some reason I'm really worried about us looking back .

But as you say - Joe has the boys ready to play and just gives us a chance and I think everyone should be fully on board with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yup, I just said it.

JoMo can win me over vs Auburn.

I know I'm bi-polar so hold that joke, but something happened to me in the 2nd quarter vs Kentucky. I felt the cool, fresh air of Shrader, looked at our OL depth, looked at our RB commits, & then looked at our current WRs along with the committed WRs, looked at our young DBs along with those committed, & looked at the young DL & I said "Damn" we are going to win a lot of games with these dudes.

That being said, unless the NCAA & the college Prezs get their heads out of their asses on football scholarships, there is no way we can field a team that has anywhere near the amount of total talent that the blue bloods have & thus MSU must have a coach that is capable of getting players to play above their ability & a knack for clever strategy that gives us a chance.

Saturday night Joe has that chance & MSU has nothing to lose. I need to know that win or lose Saturday night, Joe is capable of getting players to execute & play above themselves on the road.

I think Joe is a solid coach that will definitely prevent our program from bottoming out, but I'm on the fence about whether or not he is the "THE GUY".

Nothing that happens on Saturday can really destroy my hope in him, but finding a way to score points & taking Auburn deep into the 4th quarter with a legitimate chance to win would go an awful long way on helping me believe the Joe is the "THE GUY" that can take us to new heights.

This is the type of game where great coaching will show. I want to see it.

I want to see all that beautiful shit Joe draws on the white board equate into actually points on the scoreboard against a really good defense.
    Until we lose again and then you will have some long post about how JOMO isn't the guy for us and won't be able to get it done here ha ha. It's the Mississippi State Football life cycle of ShotgunDawg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Until we lose again and then you will have some long post about how JOMO isn't the guy for us and won't be able to get it done here ha ha. It's the Mississippi State Football life cycle of ShotgunDawg.
    Perhaps your right.

Would go along way in knowing that Joe is capable of winning this type of game though

vCash
    In order to “win me over” I wanna see a program run at a high standard. I feel like that is done in some ways with jomo but not in all ways. Mainly discipline and on field expectations. We allow things that your championship level programs do not allow. I said the other day that this his teams remind me of freeze’s shark teams.

I believe all these things are a result of the type of coach that jomo is. He could make adjustments but at the end of the day it is who he is...which is why I’m not excited about him. Unlike some tho I’d gladly be wrong and see the team be successful. I am happy with the recruiting side so I’m ok being patient. But the embarrassing on field antics have to stop.

vCash
    I mean guys... Auburn scored 24 points on Tulane.

Why can't we hold them to a similar amount?

I want to see what JoMo & Shoop can do here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg33 View Post
    I have been team JoMo the whole way. But, I would like to see a disciplined, minimally penalized team that goes out and executes. Can we win? Yes. The odds are not in our favor, but a good solid game with everyone giving 100% effort and executing at a high level will make me happy. (No I'm not ok with losing, but can stomach it if we look competent) KSU was tough to swallow, but they are far from a bad team and even with injuries/suspensions and a true freshman playing the second half we had a chance to win in the end. Disciplined, clean ball and this team can win some games this year even during a rebuild.
    Did you know that we are the 2nd least penalized team in the SEC right now? Both in number of penalties and in yards per game
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Did you know that we are the 2nd least penalized team in the SEC right now? Both in number of penalties and in yards per game
    True. I just can't get the number of false starts at KY last year out of my head

vCash
    I mean guys... Auburn scored 24 points on Tulane.

Why can't we hold them to a similar amount?

I want to see what JoMo & Shoop can do here
    IIRC, Tulane blitzed the hell out of Nix. Tulane's defense was very aggressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    IIRC, Tulane blitzed the hell out of Nix. Tulane's defense was very aggressive.
    We have to force Nix to throw the ball. Stack the box, blitz like hell, and get after him. If he beats us, he beats us, but we need to make it priority #1 to stop the run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We have to force Nix to throw the ball. Stack the box, blitz like hell, and get after him. If he beats us, he beats us, but we need to make it priority #1 to stop the run
    I agree. If Nix goes 18-25 for 250+ on Saturday night, I'll tip my hat & say good game.

vCash
    We ain't beating Auburn on the road. We wouldn't beat them at home either. I hope I'm wrong but just stay grounded in reality and you won't be so bipolar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    We ain't beating Auburn on the road. We wouldn't beat them at home either. I hope I'm wrong but just stay grounded in reality and you won't be so bipolar.
    I don't get this opinion. There just isn't much evidence to support this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Nix thus far has shown he can't hit the broadside of barn (is that punny?) Blitz him relentlessly. Load the box.

I agree. If Nix goes 18-25 for 250+ on Saturday night, I'll tip my hat & say good game.
    Yep. If Nix has a great night throwing so be it. I'll agree AU has their QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    "Gloom, despair, agony on me..." We could very well lose this game, odds are stacked against us, but until we do I ain't conceding.

I don't get this opinion. There just isn't much evidence to support this
    Me either. AU's offense is their weakness. They are one dimensional without a passing threat. If we slow that run game down anything is possible.

vCash
    Auburn IS NOT a good offensive football team. They are a very good defensive football team, but it's the same thing as always with Gus, smoke and mirrors until they figure out what they're good at. And the last few years that has been to run the football. If you can neutralize the run then you can force Nix into 3rd and medium and he's not going to fare well from what we've seen so far. I mean everyone raves about the throw to beat Oregon, but the ball was WAY behind the receiver and he just happened to make a good play on it. I was sold that Nix was a great player, but have become less and less certain of that fact every week. And last week sold me that if we can pressure him we can beat them.

It's going to take a great gameplan from Shoop to limit the big plays and force Nix into uncomfortable situations and it's going to take an amazing gameplan from Moorhead to be able to keep their D off balance and open up lanes for Kylin. I believe we can do it and if Moorhead can execute it and pull out the W I'll start to believe he might be right for the job again.