Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funny how most were saying before the season....

vCash

Funny how most were saying before the season....

We were a 6 to 8 win team. Don't think we are a 8 win team, 7 is possible but more like 6 wins.

I've said this all season, this is a rebuilding season, we are playing a lot of underclass men, 2 defensive freshman started today in the line. Our best corner didn't play, Stevens was not himself. But to some reading this will think it doesn't matter, but injuries and suspensions are playing a major part of our problems.

Shotgun, to each there own, but you are way over the top, but have out it, after all it's a message board.

Btw, someone told me leaving the stadium today Ksu had all seniors on the offensive line, I do know they had 15 starters back and have a very good Coach.

Lastly, I trust what Matt Wyatt's take on the game and future way more than most of you naysayers.

I sure hope Tommy Stevens gets well soon, To me he could have been The difference playing healthy. Shadder is gonna be the real deal one day.

HailState!

vCash
    Thank god someone has some sense...

vCash
    Yes there were some that said 7. MOSt said 8. But plenty had 9-10. 8 is now gone. Pray for 7
    Also, I like Wyatt, he's good, he knows football. But do you really think he's gonna throw our team under the bus even if it's true? Really? I'm sure he likes his job.

vCash
    Always enjoy Basedogs take on things. He's always a rational mind in an ocean of insanity. I figured we would win 7-9 and most probably 8, but now 6-7 looks more probable with a lot of youngsters getting pt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Yes there were some that said 7. MOSt said 8. But plenty had 9-10. 8 is now gone. Pray for 7
    Also, I like Wyatt, he's good, he knows football. But do you really think he's gonna throw our team under the bus even if it's true? Really? I'm sure he likes his job.
    I owe you and some others an apology on the autry suspension. You were right on that. I really believed he was one of the ten but then I heard from several different people who have always been pretty accurate that he wasn't. My apologies. Here's hoping the team gets some of this crap cleaned up and move forward with some urgency.

vCash
    Describe plenty? How bout a few.

It pisses me off we have "plenty" who want to fire Joe like right now. Msu isn't that kind of program or school first off. He may not or he may be the Coach we all want but after 3 games I'd retarded at best! Maybe because I was a Coach years ago and I have more feelings than the guys who bitch all the time and never get at of the house buy yet no more what's best for Msu. Geez, bunch of quitters, but yet you want to like Bama, funny!

vCash
    I said 6 to 8 cause I don't trust Joe as an offensive savant more than anything. That and we look as inept/disorganized as we did under Croom. Not because I thought we were seriously deficient in talent.

This is "supposed" to be a rebuilding year for Stoops at Ky too.

vCash
    Our season goes as Tommy goes. I think we win today if healthy.

Shrader is going to be awesome but he had some freshman moments today.

vCash
    Here it is again, the fan media de facto athletic department propaganda, even though Wyatt's credentials are impeccable he's still part of the machine. And yet again they play on emotions and a fan and alumni that want it to be good. They are selling them everythings going to be just fine and they don't even realize it they are being sold due to the rappings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Always enjoy Basedogs take on things. He's always a rational mind in an ocean of insanity. I figured we would win 7-9 and most probably 8, but now 6-7 looks more probable with a lot of youngsters getting pt.
    I will share some baseball info to you in the future, heard some interesting things on a couple of committed players. Signing date is soon.

You being a baseball guy, understand more bout rebuilding and injuries in sports. Stevens being hurt really hurts more than most want to admit. Kinda like having your best pitcher with a sore arm, then u have pitch a young Freshman, it's a learning curve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Here it is again, the fan media de facto athletic department propaganda, even though Wyatt's credentials are impeccable he's still part of the machine. And yet again they play on emotions and a fan and alumni that want it to be good. They are selling them everythings going to be just fine and they don't even realize it they are being sold due to the rappings.
    I heard that Wyatt blamed the loss on the coaches.

Is there something else he said?

Honestly if Wyatt is blaming the coaches you know the higher up AD people aren't happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I will share some baseball info to you in the future, heard some interesting things on a couple of committed players. Signing date is soon.

You being a baseball guy, understand more bout rebuilding and injuries in sports. Stevens being hurt really hurts more than most want to admit. Kinda like having your best pitcher with a sore arm, then u have pitch a young Freshman, it's a learning curve.
    Appreciate that. Would love to hear what you know on the baseball commits. Yeah I gotta believe if Tommy's a 100% today he hits some of those passes and doesn't throw the ints on those over throws today. I've worked with young players for so many years I've learned to have a little more patience especially with young ones who are still learning. It's such a fine balance between patience and pushing.

vCash
    We were a 6 to 8 win team. Don't think we are a 8 win team, 7 is possible but more like 6 wins.

I've said this all season, this is a rebuilding season, we are playing a lot of underclass men, 2 defensive freshman started today in the line. Our best corner didn't play, Stevens was not himself. But to some reading this will think it doesn't matter, but injuries and suspensions are playing a major part of our problems.

Shotgun, to each there own, but you are way over the top, but have out it, after all it's a message board.

Btw, someone told me leaving the stadium today Ksu had all seniors on the offensive line, I do know they had 15 starters back and have a very good Coach.

Lastly, I trust what Matt Wyatt's take on the game and future way more than most of you naysayers.

I sure hope Tommy Stevens gets well soon, To me he could have been The difference playing healthy. Shadder is gonna be the real deal one day.

HailState!
    Good post, but what about our OL? Where were they today? They are mostly upper classmen
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I believe I predicted 6-7. I didn’t expect us to lose to KState. I was thinking more of losing to Ut and Arkansas. Outside the usual losses. But maybe we can beat Arkansas still.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I heard that Wyatt blamed the loss on the coaches.

Is there something else he said?

Honestly if Wyatt is blaming the coaches you know the higher up AD people aren't happy.
    I don't know I don't listen to any of that BS, it's all just BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Good post, but what about our OL? Where were they today? They are mostly upper classmen
    We got all upper classmen on O. Course Tommy went out but we weren't doing that great when he was in there. I thought O was supposed to save our young defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We have some banged up, Williamsis not 100%, Parker didn't play, one senior on starting line.

Say what u believe, but Tommy Stevens is the key, they jammed the line and we couldn't complete passes.

Let me be clear, I didn't like our game plan today on offense, but playing a true Freshman hurt us the 2nd half. Dude is going to be a star but we all need to be patience.

I think our defense only gave up 100'yards 2nd half. But we were awful in 4th quarter on offense. We still need a game changer on the wideout position.

vCash
    We have some banged up, Williamsis not 100%, Parker didn't play, one senior on starting line.

Say what u believe, but Tommy Stevens is the key, they jammed the line and we couldn't complete passes.

Let me be clear, I didn't like our game plan today on offense, but playing a true Freshman hurt us the 2nd half. Dude is going to be a star but we all need to be patience.

I think our defense only gave up 100'yards 2nd half. But we were awful in 4th quarter on offense. We still need a game changer on the wideout position.
    I agree with all of this. And we need to clean up special teams some too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    I believe I predicted 6-7. I didn’t expect us to lose to KState. I was thinking more of losing to Ut and Arkansas. Outside the usual losses. But maybe we can beat Arkansas still.
    This is SEC arrogance talking (no offense). From what I have seen so far this season, KSU is a far better team than Arkansas or UT. People think because we play in the SECW and have had some success that it means we are better than most P5 teams. Facts are we aren't and haven't been. Including Bowls we are 5-7 against non-con P5 since '09. That's not good - but it's also about in line with our SEC win rate during that same period. And just like in SEC play, we aren't a program that ever been at a level where there are guarantees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    This is SEC arrogance talking (no offense). From what I have seen so far this season, KSU is a far better team than Arkansas or UT. People think because we play in the SECW and have had some success that it means we are better than most P5 teams. Facts are we aren't and haven't been. Including Bowls we are 5-7 against non-con P5 since '09. That's not good - but it's also about in line with our SEC win rate during that same period. And just like in SEC play, we aren't a program that ever been at a level where there are guarantees.
    None taken. I agree.

I thought we win based on our game last year and somewhat because of conference affiliation. I thought big13 had weak defenses but.... KState did a good job on defense yesterday.

After 3 weeks.... my take is.... the SEC has a couple of very strong teams. A few good teams and then a big drop of to about 5 teams. The bottom 5 wouldn’t be good in any league.:... at the moment.