Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NSFW: The Effort Level of Your 2019 MSU Football Team Sucks

vCash

NSFW: The Effort Level of Your 2019 MSU Football Team Sucks

I don't know how to make GIFs, but I can damn sure use paint.

Here are screenshots of the last 2 plays vs K-State.

Notice the lack of effort or the lack of anyone having a clue what they are doing, which would signify yet further coaching issues. I feel that with tutor gate, effort issues, softeness everywhere on the team, etc. We are dangerously close to having a culture problem. If it doesn't get solved fast, this thing is going to plummet. Players are even accepting defeat & not mad about it on twitter. They just lost to a team that doesn't have near the level of talent they do & it's like they don't even care.

Here is the 2nd to last play. Notice Kylin Hill's lack of give a 17 here. Instead of blocking & maybe allowing Shrader to spring free, Kylin just lets the tackler run right around him.

Here is the last play. Notice the two WRs on the bottom Osiris & Dedrick? Then look at the clock between the first screenshot & 2nd. They don't 17ing move. They just stand there.

Is this lack of effort going to be punished? Why is this happening? We all made fun of the "strain" culture, but what has it been replaced by? It's been replaced by laziness, lack of attention to detail, enabling, & soft culture.

When is it going to end & MSU get back to playing MSU football?

I for one, think this is unacceptable, &, if you can't see where this is going over the next 18 months, you're blind.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Moorhead is soft. It is what it is.

vCash
    The last 2 plays were an absolute catastrophe on everyone. Our give a shit level and our preparedness level were both awful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The last 2 plays were an absolute catastrophe on everyone. Our give a shit level and our preparedness level were both awful
    The last two plays are a microcosm of the issues with this program right now. There is absolutely no sense of urgency. None.

And I'm supposed to go support quitters in 100 degree weather?

This shit better get fixed fast or it'll take 5+ years to undo it.

That being said, I expect nothing out of Cohen. Absolutely nothing. He doesn't see it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    It's amazing to watch them quite like that. That's really not a good sign.

vCash
    I’ll still be there next week, but it’s hard to argue with anything you said. It all comes back to coaching. After Dan fumbled away 2014 I knew that he was not going to be the guy to lead us back to Atlanta because he was too much of a ***** in big games, but man Joe being 10-6 so far in his bulldog career with the schedule and talent that we’ve had is embarrassing.

vCash
    How dare you criticize Moorhead. He "DESERVES" 3 more years according to 007.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    I’ll still be there next week, but it’s hard to argue with anything you said. It all comes back to coaching. After Dan fumbled away 2014 I knew that he was not going to be the guy to lead us back to Atlanta because he was too much of a ***** in big games, but man Joe being 10-6 so far in his bulldog career with the schedule and talent that we’ve had is embarrassing.
    Joe can't take us to Atlanta because the players don't respect him or fear him.

Joe is managing an SEC football team like an MLB manager manages a baseball team. This is football, not baseball. There has to be some fear &, if there isn't fear, there better be an unbelievable level of energy that sets the culture like Pete Carroll & Dabo have. JoMo has neither

Banned
    vCash
    You really are a horrible fan
    A bunch of freshmen on defense, a patchwork Ol
    A starter QB that didn’t practice all week
    A true freshman QB that played like it going 4/12 in the 2nd 1/2
    It took a kick return to beat us
    And you want to talk about culture

Seriously you as a fan are terrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrows2 View Post
    You really are a horrible fan
    A bunch of freshmen on defense, a patchwork Ol
    A starter QB that didn’t practice all week
    A true freshman QB that played like it going 4/12 in the 2nd 1/2
    It took a kick return to beat us
    And you want to talk about culture

Seriously you as a fan are terrible
    No, I just expect better. If we collectively did that, we'd be a better program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

Joe is managing an SEC football team like an MLB manager manages a baseball team. This is football, not baseball. There has to be some fear &, if there isn't fear, there better be an unbelievable level of energy that sets the culture like Pete Carroll & Dabo have. JoMo has neither
    Joe is managing the team like it's a bunch of well parented private HS attending pre-med students like he had up north. Half these kids had a joke of an education. Half of them had a god awful home life. Half of them haven't been taught to respect and follow those in charge. They grew up looking out for themselves because nobody else would. They grew up with little faith that "the man" -if you will- can be trusted to have their best interest at heart. So, when a coach ("the man") tells them they need to do X, they're less likely to follow that order.

It sounds stupid but I think it's true. To coach down here you've got to be a lot more harsh than you do up there to maintain the same level of discipline
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 09-14-2019 at 05:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Joe is managing the team like it's a bunch of well parented private HS attending pre-med students like he had up north. Half these kids had a joke of an education. Half of them had a god awful home life. Half of them haven't been taught to respect and follow those in charge. They grew up looking out for themselves because nobody else would.

It sounds stupid but I think it's true. To coach down here you've got to be a lot more harsh than you do up there to maintain the same level of discipline
    100% agree.

It's a bad fit. I've felt this way for sometime, but I'm absolutely sure of it now.

Joe is still the substitute teacher. It doesn't make him a bad teacher & he might be a great teacher somewhere else, but it is what it is

Banned
    vCash
    I can’t believe people aren’t spending thousands of dollars and devoting their weekends to watch this trash.**

Did I do it right, fan shamers.

Banned
    vCash
    No, I just expect better. If we collectively did that, we'd be a better program
    So you expect better?
    Curious were you at the game? How about last week? New Orleans?
    Based upon the level of complaining I am going to guess you didn’t go.
    How about the bowl game?
    I am just wondering what commitment level justifies this level of expectations you have?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Joe is managing the team like it's a bunch of well parented private HS attending pre-med students like he had up north. Half these kids had a joke of an education. Half of them had a god awful home life. Half of them haven't been taught to respect and follow those in charge. They grew up looking out for themselves because nobody else would. They grew up with little faith that "the man" -if you will- can be trusted to have their best interest at heart. So, when a coach ("the man") tells them they need to do X, they're less likely to follow that order.

Hmm..good stuff.

vCash
    So you expect better?
    Curious were you at the game? How about last week? New Orleans?
    Based upon the level of complaining I am going to guess you didn’t go.
    How about the bowl game?
    I am just wondering what commitment level justifies this level of expectations you have?
    I have not once complained about attendance.

I'm complaining because I EXPECT players that put on that maroon & white to respect it & play with every ounce they have in their body.

That didn't happen today & it pisses me off.

Are you ok with this level of effort?

vCash

Man you may be on to something. Joe is really in to the analytics. I know there’s a video on YouTube out there where he talks about the numbers and how bad it is to run a straight handoff on a goal line situation instead of running a read play.

Banned
    vCash
    I have not once complained about attendance.

I'm complaining because I EXPECT players that put on that maroon & white to respect it & play with every ounce they have in their body.

That didn't happen today & it pisses me off.

Are you ok with this level of effort?
    I thought it was good effort by the team
    Do I wish they played better
    But when you consider AGAIN that our shraeder went 4/12 and Stevens 0/2 in the 2nd half I get why we lost and it has zero to do with effort

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Man you may be on to something. Joe is really in to the analytics. I know there’s a video on YouTube out there where he talks about the numbers and how bad it is to run a straight handoff on a goal line situation instead of running a read play.
    Joe is likely an excellent OC because his personality does not set the culture of the program in that role. As a head coach, his personality sets the culture of the program.

Here is a great Dabo Sweeney quote on this subject.

Here is the article:https://theathletic.com/1181832/2019...rent-venables/

vCash
    I thought it was good effort by the team
    Do I wish they played better
    But when you consider AGAIN that our shraeder went 4/12 and Stevens 0/2 in the 2nd half I get why we lost and it has zero to do with effort
    We have different standards then