Thread: Headed to Laffy/Pack & Paddle tomorrow

vCash

Headed to Laffy/Pack & Paddle tomorrow

Anybody have any request for looks at any new gear? 2020 Hobies? Jackson? Solo Skiff? Let me know if there is a model you want me to snap a pic of and ask a question and I'll see what I can do

vCash
    The 2019 PA 14 is a beast. I’d have to have trailer for this thing. I’d compare it more to a Jon boat than a yak but it’s probably more versatile than a Jon boat. I specifically got the up close demo on the kick up fins. Pretty badass new tech. There weren’t any 360s to check out.

If I ever went to the dark side, it’d Be the outback. Slick boat. You could actually paddle it too

Looked at 4 paddle craft. The Jackson Bite (top), Vibe Seaghost 130 (middle), the Bonafide rs 117 (bottom), and the Bonafide ss 127 (not pictured but under the other Bonafide).

The Jackson bite is like $799. For a value boat it’s nice but it’s bare bones. If you were a fly fisher the wide open deck would be perfect. The Vibe Seaghost is an absolutely killer value boat at $999. Tons of features including foot controlled rudder. Putting my hands on one made me really want one for a backup boat. The Bonafide rs is a value boat under $1k. Great build and clean. Great value option but not quite as feature rich as the vibe but I have a suspicion it’s a little more stable although I didn’t demo anything. The Bonafide ss is probably the best built and feature rich paddle craft on the market. If you want the caddy without pedals, this is it.

I also checked out the Hobie passport and it’s a well built price point pedal yak. I was surprised. I was expecting a little cheaper feel honestly. Also looked at the Jackson Cusa Flex drive boats. Really nice rigs. Give them 2-3 more years to perfect the tech and you’ll see a top boat contender.

They hooked me up and taught me how to break my drive down. Eli Braud actually helped me and I’ve been watching his videos fir a while. Great guy. Can’t say enough about that shop.