Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MSU ranked 13th in SP+, 3rd in Offense, 65th in Defense

Banned
    vCash

MSU ranked 13th in SP+, 3rd in Offense, 65th in Defense

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...jumps-10-spots

Interesting. SP+ is not a resume ranking, but rather a predictive model for who should win on a neutral field. I find the 3rd offensive ranking quite interesting (LSU is #2 btw).

Edit: Link working now?
    Last edited by dantheman4248; 09-08-2019 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting our defense to look so bad.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll be honest, I have no idea what our guys are trying to do out there. Yesterday, on the Emerson interception, Errol had a clear path to smoke the qb. He stops 3 feet from him. Straight hesitates.

We need to develop some damn pride and ruthlessness. SEC teams are going to light us up, if not.
    Downvotes_Hype

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Errol will get that cleaned up, and I am not trying to call him out specifically. Dude can be a beast. He should just be a beast from here on out.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    http://https://www.espn.com/college-...jumps-10-spots

Interesting. SP+ is not a resume ranking, but rather a predictive model for who should win on a neutral field. I find the 3rd offensive ranking quite interesting (LSU is #2 btw).
    And has proven to be accurate right.
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    We miss Gay and we don't have anything close to Simmons, Sweat, or Abrams walking through the tunnel. We have some talent on the back end but our front 4 is weak and that affects your second level even if they are good.

LBs are the unfortunate recipients of underwhelming DL play. When you know Sweat is gonna get to the QB or you know Simmons's gonna clog up the middle, as a LB you play with a lot more confidence because your guys are dictating what happens. When it's the other way around there's more guessing and not nearly as much downhill anticipation.

vCash
    Is that link dead to everybody? I get the "Safari can't find the server" message.

Also get the same message when I try to open 61's post about popup ads, but it's apparently active because it has 5 replies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    And has proven to be accurate right.
    4 of our upcoming opponents are higher than us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman4248 View Post
    http://https://www.espn.com/college-...jumps-10-spots

Could you check that link brother
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    On offense? LMAO!

You know what... you win. WE suck and deserve to not even have a damn team.

vCash
    Could you check that link brother
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...jumps-10-spots

vCash
    On offense? LMAO!

You know what... you win. WE suck and deserve to not even have a damn team.
    Overall.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Lol..

Coach007: aTm, auburn, and LSU all meh... we only lose to Bama

Also coach007: s&p+ is proven to be accurate (while all aTm, auburn, and LSU all ranked higher than us)

vCash
    Meh..... these rankings don't mean anything till mid season. It has OM as 8th best defense..... come on. Wait till they play teams with a pulse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Meh..... these rankings don't mean anything till mid season. It has OM as 8th best defense..... come on. Wait till they play teams with a pulse.
    This is the correct response. Just like rpi in basketball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Exactly. Not meaningful yet, way to early

vCash
    Lol..

Also coach007: s&p+ is proven to be accurate (while all aTm, auburn, and LSU all ranked higher than us)
    Man, I don't know what to tell you. Your glass if not even half empty as far as our teams are concerned. Our defense will only improve as we open up what we need to do to win. Our Offense is the most balanced in the SEC and is second only to Bama in that respect.

How you can some how turn a 13 ranked MS ST team into a friggin negative is more than questionable

Banned
    vCash
    These ranking use preseason / past season returning production to help formulate them and wean them out as the season goes on.

SP+ is about as accurate as you can get ATS with a model that’s “free to the public.” Batted 53% last year iirc. I’m sure vegas has used it to help set lines as it has a worse batting average overtime (which means vegas adjusts to it, not the system getting worse.)

It’s not the end all, be all, but the notion that we can’t beat A&M, Auburn, LSU is ridiculous. Florida to Miami has a bigger gap on this than LSU to us btw.

vCash
    Lol..

The exact opposite could be said for your posts. 8-4 is pretty much where I had us. We could steal one against Auburn or A&M but it looks like Bama and LSU are on a different level. I would give us a 10% chance only because it is at home. I would trade LSU and Bama to get AU and A&M at home if I could. That would make them a lot more winnable.