Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KSU

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah, after re-thinking, I think it's more 9 to 11.

BG rush def totals...
    Vs Morgan st: 31 carries 46 yds
    Vs KSU: 58 carries 333 yds

Nichols st...
    Vs KSU: 58 carries. 361 yds
    No opponent week 2

Morgan st is a hell of a running team too**
    I think KSU is going to be a great test for the team, both offensively and defensively. And I think, regardless of the outcome, the game will serve as a good bridge between our first two non-conference games and conference play. Upper half of the Sun Belt, upper third of C-USA, mid-tier (-ish?) Big 12, then on to the SEC grind.

After seeing the numbers you've posted about KSU, I had to do a double take. Damn, man. 333 yards rushing and 52 seems pretty stout, regardless. And Bowling Green's usually at least semi-legit. But someone said they were picked last in the MAC. So what's what?

Yeah, they're . . . not good. Here are the teams that rushed for as many or more yards against Bowling Green last year than KSU did last week: Maryland (444 yds), Eastern KY (389 yards; a 7-win FCS team), Ga. Tech (372 yds), and Buffalo (333 yds). And then there was Miami of Ohio's 289 yards rushing, Toledo's 288 yards rushing, Western Michigan's 277 yards rushing, and Kent St. 225 yards rushing.

Those stellar performances landed them at 128th (out of 130 FBS teams) in rushing defense in 2018. Yikes.

Yes, KSU's been impressive so far. They've taken care of business and done so emphatically. But given that they've played an FCS team and what is likely -- at least right now -- one of the worst defenses in the FBS, I don't think it's a stretch to say that their fans know even less about them than we know about our team at this point. Even if our defense is a mid-tier SEC unit (think A&M or South Carolina last year), it's substantially better than what KSU has faced yet. State, on the other hand, has faced what should be a decent offense (UL-Laf. finished 2018 at 53rd in the S&P+ offense rankings) and a solid defense (USM's D ended 2018 at 27th in the S&P+ defense rankings).

KSU could be great, mediocre, or relatively crappy. Who knows. We could be great, mediocre, or relatively crappy. Who knows. My noncommittal, no-risk, wiener-man guess? It'll be a tighter than last year. But we aren't Bowling Green.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
    I think KSU is going to be a great test for the team, both offensively and defensively. And I think, regardless of the outcome, the game will serve as a good bridge between our first two non-conference games and conference play. Upper half of the Sun Belt, upper third of C-USA, mid-tier (-ish?) Big 12, then on to the SEC grind.

After seeing the numbers you've posted about KSU, I had to do a double take. Damn, man. 333 yards rushing and 52 seems pretty stout, regardless. And Bowling Green's usually at least semi-legit. But someone said they were picked last in the MAC. So what's what?

Yeah, they're . . . not good. Here are the teams that rushed for as many or more yards against Bowling Green last year than KSU did last week: Maryland (444 yds), Eastern KY (389 yards; a 7-win FCS team), Ga. Tech (372 yds), and Buffalo (333 yds). And then there was Miami of Ohio's 289 yards rushing, Toledo's 288 yards rushing, Western Michigan's 277 yards rushing, and Kent St. 225 yards rushing.

Those stellar performances landed them at 128th (out of 130 FBS teams) in rushing defense in 2018. Yikes.

Yes, KSU's been impressive so far. They've taken care of business and done so emphatically. But given that they've played an FCS team and what is likely -- at least right now -- one of the worst defenses in the FBS, I don't think it's a stretch to say that their fans know even less about them than we know about our team at this point. Even if our defense is a mid-tier SEC unit (think A&M or South Carolina last year), it's substantially better than what KSU has faced yet. State, on the other hand, has faced what should be a decent offense (UL-Laf. finished 2018 at 53rd in the S&P+ offense rankings) and a solid defense (USM's D ended 2018 at 27th in the S&P+ defense rankings).

KSU could be great, mediocre, or relatively crappy. Who knows. We could be great, mediocre, or relatively crappy. Who knows. My noncommittal, no-risk, wiener-man guess? It'll be a tighter than last year. But we aren't Bowling Green.
    I know!!!
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Auburn had trouble running yesterday against Tulane.

Still too early to tell what anyone is at this point. With Stevens healthy we can compete with anyone.
    Not saying anything about the kids future.... BUT.. he sucks throwing currently. He is a 47% guy who has 1 more TD than INT.

Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    This one worries me. Any team that can run will give us fits this season.
    Again.... Based off what? Freshmen... off a defense that has ran no set schemes?

What are you basing that off of.... AND PLEASE, for the love of God, DON'T say ULL? I mean seriously... don't
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    Not saying anything about the kids future.... BUT.. he sucks throwing currently. He is a 47% guy who has 1 more TD than INT.

Again.... Based off what? Freshmen... off a defense that has ran no set schemes?

What are you basing that off of.... AND PLEASE, for the love of God, DON'T say ULL? I mean seriously... don't
    “Coach,” you’re really worried about scheme when Sunbelt players are dragging our DTs and pushing the pile?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    “Coach,” you’re really worried about scheme when Sunbelt players are dragging our DTs and pushing the pile?
    Yep. It's part of defense. When you have a extremely seasoned OL going up against 2 freshmen in game 1 (their first college start), you are going to that. But there was zero reason to do anything other than line them up and let the young guys gain experience because the game was never in doubt.

Are under the impression that our defense doesn't do what every FBS and FCS team does?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    Yep. It's part of defense. When you have a extremely seasoned OL going up against 2 freshmen in game 1 (their first college start), you are going to that. But there was zero reason to do anything other than line them up and let the young guys gain experience because the game was never in doubt.

Are under the impression that our defense doesn't do what every FBS and FCS team does?
    Yeah, man. scheme is causing inferior talent to run through our half-assed arm tackles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Yeah, man. scheme is causing inferior talent to run through our half-assed arm tackles.
    LMAO!

You do you man

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    3rd nationally in rush offense
    20th in yds/rush
    12th in scoring offense
    11th in total offense

5th nationally in scoring defense
    8th in total defense

Granted, these stats are skewed bc of competition, but this will be our biggest test we've faced so far. We may need to play autry in this.

It'll be interesting to see the line. I'll guess us -5.5 to 7
    I think we had a similar discussion last season....Great stats against garbage teams are not that telling.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I think we had a similar discussion last season....Great stats against garbage teams are not that telling.
    This and we were told by many last year that they had the best ol in the country with all their returning starters and that they would give us trouble and then turns out they couldn't run or pass. You have to respect every opponent but we need to give our own team some respect as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This and we were told by many last year that they had the best ol in the country with all their returning starters and that they would give us trouble and then turns out they couldn't run or pass. You have to respect every opponent but we need to give our own team some respect as well.
    Bravo, my man. Well said.

vCash
    With Stevens likely out, it’s going to be a closer game but I still expect to win. KSU returns 15 starters, so they’ll be improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    With Stevens likely out, it’s going to be a closer game but I still expect to win. KSU returns 15 starters, so they’ll be improved.
    Who said TS was out?.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Who said TS was out?.
    Day to day per Moorhead.
    https://www.supertalk.fm/watch-joe-m...ss-conference/
    Last edited by FriarsPoint; 09-09-2019 at 01:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Joe's playing his cards close to the vest. Now KSU has to prepare for two QBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    I was told this morning he’s likely out for a couple weeks. Waited to see what Moorhead said before saying anything, and I feel like it’s true. Maybe IYOK knows more.

vCash
    Autry was 1 of the 10 players in tutorgate, is suspended 8 games. We appealed with some players, but we lost all appeals. So, Autry has 3 left to play in the regular season.

vCash
    Joel Coleman tweeted Autry played last week. If he was suspended 8 games im assuming we wouldn’t have played him last week. If he is and we burned one of his 4 games on USM that would be hard to grasp.
    Last edited by NickoeWatersHedges; 09-09-2019 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    I think we should win but ... which teams could run/pass against us last year. Seems like even with the great D we had we talked a bunch of smack to Iowa and ... got smacked.

Banned
    vCash
    Well said. Rep Given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I think we should win but ... which teams could run/pass against us last year. Seems like even with the great D we had we talked a bunch of smack to Iowa and ... got smacked.
    I'm not talking smack I'm saying while we need to respect whoever we're playing we also need to give just a tiny bit of respect to our own players. We're not chopped liver we're pretty good team with some warts but also with a lot of talent and I'm sure not ashamed to say it. Doesn't mean I believe we'll win every game but we will compete and have another 7-9 win season