Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The bottom line in all this....

vCash

The bottom line in all this....

is we have the next 5 weeks to play out. If Mullen wins 2 more games- he is going to return.

Some of you dont think we are going to win two more games- and I understand that.
    Some of you are like me- and hopeful we can win two more games.

This is one of those times where it has to all play out- and we wont know the outcome until Thanksgiving night most likely.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I fully expect to win two more games. I'm hopeful we can win next weekend as well. If we don't win 2 more, and are not competitive in 2 of the other 3, I'll be on the fence about Mullen's future.

vCash

Don't think it matters to some what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    is we have the next 5 weeks to play out. If Mullen wins 2 more games- he is going to return.

Some of you dont think we are going to win two more games- and I understand that.

This is one of those times where it has to all play out- and we wont know the outcome until Thanksgiving night most likely.
    If we win 2 and go to a lower tier bowl the Hud crowd won't be happy. I smell 'Stansbury-ish' blood in the water. Especially if Ole Miss goes to a good bowl.

Banned
    vCash
    We will beat at minimum Arkansas and Ole Miss.

vCash
    I have no doubt that is the case. But then they will just have to pout as we win 8-9 games in 2014. I for one, will enjoy it.

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm not arguing, jsut wondering, we got 7 ...we know who they are. So, you're thinking we beat Auburn at home, and A&M. Is that your 9?

I have no doubt that is the case. But then they will just have to pout as we win 8-9 games in 2014. I for one, will enjoy it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    We will beat at minimum Arkansas and Ole Miss.
    Sounds a lot like "We will win 8 games this year"

vCash
    I can't begin to fathom why we can't play the last 32 minutes of a game like we play the first 28 minutes of games. I'm going to be wooly with the following two wild ass assumptions: 1) we're going to find some consistency, and 2) no more FG or XP attempts for Bell.

SC - W
    aTm - L (close, frustrating..we compete with the best of 'em...just can't win the best of 'em)
    Bama - L
    Arkansas - W
    Ole Miss - W

We finish 7-5, same record as Ole Miss. Robert Nkemdiche. Ole Miss gets a better bowl because they didn't schedule a L and because Robert Nkemdiche.
    Last edited by FlabLoser; 10-25-2013 at 04:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    I'm not arguing, jsut wondering, we got 7 ...we know who they are. So, you're thinking we beat Auburn at home, and A&M. Is that your 9?
    I certainly think we will beat Auburn at home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post

SC - W
    aTm - L (close, frustrating..we compete with the best of 'em...just can't win the best of 'em)
    Bama - L
    Arkansas - W
    Ole Miss - W

We finish 7-5.
    If that happens I will be happy and kiss Hud goodbye. Well......make that a wave goodbye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cheewgumm View Post
    We should have AU this year. What's going to change? Our defense should be much better, and Dak and our receivers should be in sync with one another.

Who know's about aTm? Manziel might be gone, and Sumlin might be at USC. Their defense is already bad, so surely that will get better, but if Manziel is gone then the playing field levels off big time. Also LSU and Bama will be breaking in new QBs next year....just saying.

vCash

Well for one Will Redmond will be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    We should have AU this year. What's going to change? Our defense should be much better, and Dak and our receivers should be in sync with one another.

Who know's about aTm? Manziel might be gone, and Sumlin might be at USC. Their defense is already bad, so surely that will get better, but if Manziel is gone then the playing field levels off big time. Also LSU and Bama will be breaking in new QBs next year....just saying.
    It sure would have been nice to have a guy like Will Redmond available for the Auburn game this year. I'll go ahead and say it, had he been playing with 12-13 games under his belt we win against Auburn.

Banned
    vCash
    You're awful menstrual about us only being 4-3. Sounds like you expected us to win a few more as well. Oops sorry did I expose you yet again?

vCash
    I can't begin to fathom why we can't play the last 32 minutes of a game like we play the first 28 minutes of games. I'm going to be wooly with the following two wild ass assumptions: 1) we're going to find some consistency, and 2) no more FG or XP attempts for Bell.

SC - W
    Bama - L
    Arkansas - W
    Ole Miss - W

We finish 7-5, same record as Ole Miss. Robert Nkemdiche. Ole Miss gets a better bowl because they didn't schedule a L and because Robert Nkemdiche.
    here, here on the 32 minutes. A little talked about glaring problem is our inability to run out the first half. We always seem to give opponents the ball back with just enough time to get a score and often it makes a huge difference in the way the rest of the game is plaed by both teams
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

Banned
    vCash
    Ole Miss......they didn't schedule a L
    Could have sworn they played at Austin, TX.

vCash
    You're awful menstrual about us only being 4-3. Sounds like you expected us to win a few more as well. Oops sorry did I expose you yet again?
    Are you talking to me? If so, no I actually predicted 5 wins, hopefully 6. However, I didn't think we would look this bad getting there. And still not convinced we get to 5.

Not menstrual at all. Just hoping we don't sit around saying "all is well" until we have a full rebuild on our hands a year and half to two years from now. Like we would if you were in charge. We also won't have anything in the cupboard, and no top coaching candidate waiting in the wings. But those are just extra benefits of making the move now.

vCash
    I am undecided on how to feel about the head coach situation. I do know this, Mullen is in his 5th year and we have 5 games to win 2. We have some tough opponents, but this is the SEC, its going to be tough. This is Mullen's program and we have his QB Dak running the show, so there is no excuse now. This is the perfect time to show what he is made of and what this team that he built is made of. I think we can get the job done and win two, but if we got out and get embarrassed by more than one of these opponents then I may start to lean towards moving on from Mullen.

vCash
    Could have sworn they played at Austin, TX.
    I am sure Boone foresaw their extraordinary luck in playing the worst football team Texas has fielded in decades.

vCash
    I am sure Boone foresaw their extraordinary luck in playing the worst football team Texas has fielded in decades.
    I have no skin in this, but that kind of defeats your point that they didn't schedule a L, and is what Goat is getting at.

vCash

So you think we beat Arky and Ole Miss?