Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Brown is nuts.. What a cancer..

vCash

Antonio Brown is nuts.. What a cancer..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...end-ab-tiff-gm

Antonio Brown and Raiders general manager Mike Mayock got into a heated exchange Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The confrontation, according to Schefter, stemmed from Brown's Instagram post Wednesday when he displayed a letter from Mayock that detailed about $54,000 in fines for missing time during training camp.

A source tells ESPN's Josina Anderson that Brown and Mayock got into the argument during Wednesday's practice in front of the team.

AB reacts to fines from Raiders, has new helmet
    In the letter, Mayock informed Brown that he was being fined $13,950 for missing a walk-through on Aug. 22, an unexcused absence. The letter also mentions that the team previously had fined Brown $40,000 for missing camp on Aug. 18 -- the day the GM issued his ultimatum to Brown, saying, "It's time for him to be all-in or all-out, OK?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...end-ab-tiff-gm

Antonio Brown and Raiders general manager Mike Mayock got into a heated exchange Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The confrontation, according to Schefter, stemmed from Brown's Instagram post Wednesday when he displayed a letter from Mayock that detailed about $54,000 in fines for missing time during training camp.

A source tells ESPN's Josina Anderson that Brown and Mayock got into the argument during Wednesday's practice in front of the team.

AB reacts to fines from Raiders, has new helmet
    In the letter, Mayock informed Brown that he was being fined $13,950 for missing a walk-through on Aug. 22, an unexcused absence. The letter also mentions that the team previously had fined Brown $40,000 for missing camp on Aug. 18 -- the day the GM issued his ultimatum to Brown, saying, "It's time for him to be all-in or all-out, OK?"
    Does the CBA put a cap on fines for certain transgressions?

If I were an entitled, head-case Bajillionaire, I don't think a $13k fine would be much of an incentive to "do right"....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...m-mike-mayock/

Per Vic Tafur of The Athletic, Brown had to be "held back by a couple of teammates" when confronting Mayock. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the incident did not get physical, however Brown did say he would punch Mayock -- his boss! -- in the face and then punted a ball, Nick Nolte "Blue Chips" style and told Mayock to fine him for that. You can't even make this stuff up.

The other thing that could happen, that the Raiders like here? They can void the guarantees in his contract by suspending him for conduct detrimental, based on language in his contract. That would mean a loss of up to $29 million in guarantees and the Raiders potentially going after his signing bonus.

More importantly? It would set up the Raiders to potentially release Brown and not take the salary cap hit.

vCash
    Wow. What a nut-job.

This should give the Zeke thread some perspective, lol.

vCash
    Just another reason I don't watch much Professional Sports. It's out of hand, honor systems don't count with contracts any longer.

Fans suffer not owners nor players.

Banned
    vCash
    Brown is a total diva asshole but I also get the impression that Mayock is an insufferable prick as well.

vCash
    They should've known what they were getting in ab with all the stuff that went on with him in pittsburgh.

vCash
    Naturally I had to miss my fantasy draft so the autodraft dumped that idiot in my lap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Naturally I had to miss my fantasy draft so the autodraft dumped that idiot in my lap.
    Mh condolences

vCash
    Hopefully your league does not employ a last place punishment.

vCash
    Is Andrew Luck throwing to him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Brown is a total diva asshole but I also get the impression that Mayock is an insufferable prick as well.
    Maybe but he represents the organization that signs the checks. Ultimately he's NOT a guy you want to get in a dick-measuring contest with if you want to get paid by the Raiders.

vCash
    Maylock was brought in by Gruden. I am sure Gruden will have the last say, but even he may be tired of AB and his Bullshit.

I hope they cut his ass, he doesn't get paid a dime.

Banned
    vCash
    Brown just knew if he didn't get his helmet Abram would knock him out. Too bad, Abram taking him out in practice would have been good TV.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Maybe but he represents the organization that signs the checks. Ultimately he's NOT a guy you want to get in a dick-measuring contest with if you want to get paid by the Raiders.
    Mayock doesn't sign the checks either and he doesn't take the field. Antonio Brown is by far their best player and a first ballot HOF player right now. If I'm the owner of the Raiders I don't want my GM repeatedly starting shit with my best player just as much as I don't want my best player trying to beat the shit outta my GM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    They should've known what they were getting in ab with all the stuff that went on with him in pittsburgh.
    He's had less stuff in his whole career in Pitt though than he has in just a few months with the Raiders. It seems like he's been doing everything he can to not play this year. If one thing doesn't get him suspended or kicked out, he takes it up a notch.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    I purposely drafted him as my top receiver in my fantasy league draft. Woke up to all of it this morning....just great lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I purposely drafted him as my top receiver in my fantasy league draft. Woke up to all of it this morning....just great lol
    Same here. I suppose I'm stupid and deserve all of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...m-mike-mayock/

Per Vic Tafur of The Athletic, Brown had to be "held back by a couple of teammates" when confronting Mayock. According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the incident did not get physical, however Brown did say he would punch Mayock -- his boss! -- in the face and then punted a ball, Nick Nolte "Blue Chips" style and told Mayock to fine him for that. You can't even make this stuff up.

The other thing that could happen, that the Raiders like here? They can void the guarantees in his contract by suspending him for conduct detrimental, based on language in his contract. That would mean a loss of up to $29 million in guarantees and the Raiders potentially going after his signing bonus.

More importantly? It would set up the Raiders to potentially release Brown and not take the salary cap hit.
    That's exactly what they'll do and by week 3 he'll be in New England with a new cheap 1 year contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    He's had less stuff in his whole career in Pitt though than he has in just a few months with the Raiders. It seems like he's been doing everything he can to not play this year. If one thing doesn't get him suspended or kicked out, he takes it up a notch.
    The interview with his agent, Rosenhaus, last question asked by Rich Eisen, "Is AB ok mentally?...." ��
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......