Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Fly Fishing : Jackson, MS

  1. #1
    Junior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    15
    vCash
    600

    Fly Fishing : Jackson, MS

    Moved back to Jackson, MS.

    Anybody do much fly fishing around here? I've done some kayak fishing on the pearl, and fished some private lakes, but does anybody else get out with a fly rod at all?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator BeastMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,371
    vCash
    600
    I’m not really a fly fisherman but I’m an avid kayak fisherman in the area. If you have any interest in linking up one day just holla. I primarily fish the rez

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    294
    vCash
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I’m not really a fly fisherman but I’m an avid kayak fisherman in the area. If you have any interest in linking up one day just holla. I primarily fish the rez
    I haven't been up Pelehatchie Creek since the water level was taken down, I may head up it in a couple of weeks.

  4. #4
    Junior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    15
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I?m not really a fly fisherman but I?m an avid kayak fisherman in the area. If you have any interest in linking up one day just holla. I primarily fish the rez
    Sounds like a plan! Kayak fishing is the way to go. I picked up fly fishing while I lived in Utah after fly fishing a few times as a kid, and never put it back down. I've been on the Chunky river and it's about as good as anywhere in Mississippi. At some point going to get down to D'Lo too. I've actually never fished the rez, but have been meaning to fish it for quite some time.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator BeastMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,371
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Sounds like a plan! Kayak fishing is the way to go. I picked up fly fishing while I lived in Utah after fly fishing a few times as a kid, and never put it back down. I've been on the Chunky river and it's about as good as anywhere in Mississippi. At some point going to get down to D'Lo too. I've actually never fished the rez, but have been meaning to fish it for quite some time.
    I’ve fly fished a few times on vacation but that’s the extent. I don’t personally own a setup. I primarily yak fish the rez for bass. D’lo has actually been on my to-do list as has Calling Panther. I just live so close to the Rez it’s hard to turn down

  6. #6
    Junior Member SpaceWranglerDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    15
    vCash
    600
    Anybody going to be doing any fishing after the floods have ventured out?

  7. #7
    Super Moderator BeastMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,371
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Anybody going to be doing any fishing after the floods have ventured out?
    Waiting on it to stop now. If it doesn’t rain Wednesday, and that isnt looking favorable, I’m going to practice drop shotting at Holmes Co Lake

  8. #8
    Senior Member SpeckleDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Coast
    Posts
    1,071
    vCash
    600
    I'm dying to get out and fish, but the rain is relentless and has all of our waters looking like chocolate milk.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,388
    vCash
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceWranglerDawg View Post
    Moved back to Jackson, MS.

    Anybody do much fly fishing around here? I've done some kayak fishing on the pearl, and fished some private lakes, but does anybody else get out with a fly rod at all?
    I understand that South State Street under I20 is a great place to try it now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.