Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Will Be The Most Unexpected, POSITIVE Development During Football Season?

vCash

What Will Be The Most Unexpected, POSITIVE Development During Football Season?

Thought I'd balance this out with a positive discussion.

I think Joe goes into the lab this off season & fixes the offense.

His entire track record as a coach is built on figuring it out & going into this season he knows his personnel.

I think at Penn State, he got lucky & walked into an offense that already had the personnel he needed to do exactly what he wanted to do on offense whereas I don't think that was the case with us last year. I think he was caught off guard last year by our offense's limitations.

That's my guess is that this Fall things will start clicking on offense & we'll look much more prepared.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I think Guidry is going to have a all SEC season. He can run and he will not be having artillery rounds thrown at him this season. I have been re watching all 2018 season and that dude could be a great getting the right QB.

vCash
    For me, I think the defense doesn't take as far a step back as everyone thinks. Obviously we have depth concerns on the DL, but I think the young talent mixed in with the fantastic LB group we have will balance things out.

That's my positive post of the day. Fire Moorhead**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think Guidry is going to have a all SEC season. I have been re watching all 2018 season and that dude could be a giant.
    If only he could catch I would agree.

He's legit until the ball hits his hands. I've never seen guys get significantly better at catching the football. IMO, you either have good hands or you don't.

I hope your right though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    For me, I think the defense doesn't take as far a step back as everyone thinks. Obviously we have depth concerns on the DL, but I think the young talent mixed in with the fantastic LB group we have will balance things out.

That's my positive post of the day. Fire Moorhead**
    I have said it many times. Our defense is going to be good. The fact that our DC didn't go looking for another DC job tells me he knows he has some special guys coming back.

vCash
    I have said it many times. Our defense is going to be good. The fact that our DC didn't go looking for another DC job tells me he knows he has some special guys coming back.
    Good point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

He's legit until the ball hits his hands. I've never seen guys get significantly better at catching the football. IMO, you either have good hands or you don't.

I hope your right though
    That's my point about the Artillery round. I have watched last season and when Fitz put the right touch on the ball and not thrown it 200 miles a hour he had really good hands.

vCash
    That's my point about the Artillery round. I have watched last season and when Fitz put the right touch on the ball and not thrown it 200 miles a hour he had really good hands.
    A more catchable ball is certainly the wild card here

vCash
    I hope we get the tight ends and running backs super involved, because we quietly have some serious talent at those two positions. Granted, RB isn't deep, but Kylin and Nick are studs. And if our QB's aren't great passers, and our WR's can't catch well... it makes a lot of sense to feed the RB's on the ground, and to use RB's and TE's in the flat for higher percentage throws with more yards after the catch. Could be big positives if utilized imo

vCash

I hope your right though
    Unless he gets contacts like Justin Jenkins. Might be time to break out the Snellen chart.

vCash
    You are the greatest troll that ED has ever seen... There is simply no other explanation, outside of a chemical imbalance...

Last night you had made your mind up that this staff sucks...
    https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...-Program/page8

While also saying Jo "ain't" got it...

Now you want to come in and say that you think this fall things will start clicking. GTFO with your nonsense. Pick a side a stick to it.

vCash
    I think the defense surprises people. We will not be as deep, but our starting 11 are going to be really good again.

I think Kylin Hill shows out and becomes our highest drafted RB since Norwood

I think our offense does exceedingly better because I feel that the QB position will make better decisions. Make not execute higher, but making better decisions will make the offense move better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    You are the greatest troll that ED has ever seen... There is simply no other explanation, outside of a chemical imbalance...

Now you want to come in and say that you think this fall things will start clicking. GTFO with your nonsense. Pick a side a stick to it.
    I can't believe your not banned yet. You never debate, you just attack

vCash

And another thread is officially ruined. Why does he have to "pick a side?" It's possible to see good and bad things about our program and talk about them

vCash
    I think we will shock a lot of people with that too. Traditionally, Defense is where our bread has been buttered - and the right DC's have taken advantage of that. Shoop is a great fit for us and I hope he sticks a while.

I'm going to say this - today, I believe we beat Auburn and A&M on the road. Until either team shows more then they had last year, I will believe we are better then them right now. I reserve the right to change that right up until those game weeks. And I also believe that all but the Bama game are winnable games at this point. We have as good of a shot at 8 wins or more as we have had the past 2 years. And that is why we play the games.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Also another note on the defense. This will be the first year in awhile that we have a returning DC. Having that continuity will go a long way.

vCash
    We will have a top 3 LB unit in the league. The defense will have 4 players at least drafted off of it again. The OL will be just as good if not better than a year ago. Spivey will become a weapon in the offense and Kylin Hill will get 1000 yards if he gets enough touches

vCash
    I can't believe your not banned yet. You never debate, you just attack
    I'm not attacking you. I'm simply providing you with what you stated last night. Do you not understand why it is confusing for some when you state that you're done with the coach and he can't turn it around - only to come back 12 hours later and start a thread that says you're convinced he'll turn it around?

Two simple questions (one is a two-part question) so that we can have a discussion:

What changed over the last 12 hours that gave you a change of heart?

How often do you change your mind on the trajectory of a team when they aren't playing? Do you think differently from day to day even though they aren't playing or practicing right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    And another thread is officially ruined. Why does he have to "pick a side?" It's possible to see good and bad things about our program and talk about them
    You're correct, but when the subject stays the same (i.e. the coach and his abilities) - a rational person doesn't go from negative to positive in a manner of 12 hours when the only "new" news is that two commits decommitted.

Had he started a thread about the positive of the team itself, I'd agree with you as there are positives and negatives to debate along the lines of athleticism, position groups, position battles, etc.. That wasn't the subject though in the OP. It was about being positive towards the coach turning it around, after bitching last night about how he had no faith in his abilities.

vCash
    I'm not attacking you. I'm simply providing you with what you stated last night. Do you not understand why it is confusing for some when you state that you're done with the coach and he can't turn it around - only to come back 12 hours later and start a thread that says you're convinced he'll turn it around?

Two simple questions (one is a two-part question) so that we can have a discussion:

What changed over the last 12 hours that gave you a change of heart?

How often do you change your mind on the trajectory of a team when they aren't playing? Do you think differently from day to day even though they aren't playing or practicing right now?
    Dude, I'm just facilitating discussion not trying to solve world poverty here.

You take these discussions way more seriously than I do. I just enjoy the discussion.

Sure, I'm a fan & attempt to see things from both sides with MSU. It's true. I'm a waffler. Sorry

What changed over the last 12 hours that gave you a change of heart? Nothing. I'm just trying to see things from a glass half full perspective to balance things out.

How often do you change your mind on the trajectory of a team when they aren't playing? Do you think differently from day to day even though they aren't playing or practicing right now? I'm emotional about MSU sports. So yes, I change my mind often. Sorry

IMO the discussions are actually really fun when people aren't ass holes & instead just discuss the topic. If someone had all this figured out, then MSU would be in the national title race every year & there would be no need for discussion.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-09-2019 at 10:59 AM.