Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOT: Season 8

vCash

GOT: Season 8

Thoughts?

I think I see the early signs of a future Mad Queen.

No way in hell Bron kills Jaime or Tyrion. Bros before hoes on that one.

Will Jon play the "I'm really the true king" card?

Did Bran stay out all night waiting on Jaime? Winterfell is not wheelchair accessible.

vCash
    It will be interesting what Dany does when she finds out that Jon is actually the rightful heir. So much of her journey has been that she is the heir and that has driven her on.

I can't see Bron killing either one. I think it is just a reason to get him to Winterfell where the real fight is.

I can't see Jon saying anything at all until at least the Night King is dead. He has said himself numerous times that the crown doesn't matter right now.

Bran does what crazy 3 eyed ravens do, be creepy as 17.

vCash
    My wife and I were talking about it, they basically need to wrap up the fight with the Night King in the next 2 episodes. They have to still deal with who sits on the Iron Throne and then have at least 30 minutes to wrap everything up.

Our guesses:

episode 2 - starts battle at Winterfell
    episode 3 - Huge battle
    Episode 4 - wrap up battle and kill nightking
    Episode 5 - begins battle for Iron Throne
    Episode 6 - 1 hour 20 minute episode - first 45 minutes finishing up who sits on the iron throne. Last bit is wrapping up various characters (if everyone isn't basically dead) - Hot Pie or Night King if he isn't killed, on Iron Throne. Possibly Bron since he wanted a castle.

vCash
    You know, I want to say the producers mentioned at comic-con in San Diego that the first three episodes were War of the Night King and the last three were last battle for the throne and wrapping it all up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    You know, I want to say the producers mentioned at comic-con in San Diego that the first three episodes were War of the Night King and the last three were last battle for the throne and wrapping it all up.
    Makes sense, it will be interesting to see what they do with the new Star Wars trilogy they are about to start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Makes sense, it will be interesting to see what they do with the new Star Wars trilogy they are about to start.
    I hope it erases everything past the prequels. I can live with the prequels but this new stuff is just garbage. I am interested about the live action Mandalorian coming out but it looks like it may be only streamed on the Disney version of Netflix. I'm done with paying monthly for a dozen streaming services. It starts being more than cable and that's why I cut it. I'm sure as hell not getting CBS All Access just to watch ST Discovery.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Sansa becomes the night Queen, she always wanted to be a Queen.**

vCash
    Thoughts?

I think I see the early signs of a future Mad Queen.

No way in hell Bron kills Jaime or Tyrion. Bros before hoes on that one.

Will Jon play the "I'm really the true king" card?

Did Bran stay out all night waiting on Jaime? Winterfell is not wheelchair accessible.
    It's taken you this long? She's been the Mad Queen basically the entire series. Fitting since she's really a bastard of the Mad King (Jaime too). If she doesn't die in the end, I lose all faith in humanity.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    It's taken you this long? She's been the Mad Queen basically the entire series. Fitting since she's really a bastard of the Mad King (Jaime too). If she doesn't die in the end, I lose all faith in humanity.
    I'm talking about Dani. She's probably going to kill Sansa for disloyalty and Jon will either take it or kill her too. Then I guess it would be ironic if Jaime killed her just like he did her father.

vCash
    I'm talking about Dani. She's probably going to kill Sansa for disloyalty and Jon will either take it or kill her too. Then I guess it would be ironic if Jaime killed her just like he did her father.
    Dani isn't going to kill Sansa because Dani is going to die having Jon's baby. The time I'd say she was closer to Mad Queen was executing the Tarlys needlessly. But I don't think she's anywhere near mad, just a bit harsh at times. Makes sense considering the life she's lived. Plus, that isn't the story being told. You've got to evaluate things in the larger context of the story itself. There's no indication in either the books or the show that she's on a path to become the Mad Queen. That's Cersei's arc, as the bastard daughter of the Mad King.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Dani isn't going to kill Sansa because Dani is going to die having Jon's baby. The time I'd say she was closer to Mad Queen was executing the Tarlys needlessly. But I don't think she's anywhere near mad, just a bit harsh at times. Makes sense considering the life she's lived. Plus, that isn't the story being told. You've got to evaluate things in the larger context of the story itself. There's no indication in either the books or the show that she's on a path to become the Mad Queen. That's Cersei's arc, as the bastard daughter of the Mad King.
    Do they think Jamie/Cersi are the Mad King's children? I know a lot of people think Tyrion is from things in the books to go along with Tywin's hatred of him. It is also why people thought from the books that he would be the third dragon rider at the time before the Night King killed Viserion.

vCash
    Do they think Jamie/Cersi are the Mad King's children? I know a lot of people think Tyrion is from things in the books to go along with Tywin's hatred of him. It is also why people thought from the books that he would be the third dragon rider at the time before the Night King killed Viserion.
    Yes, that's the irony of Tywin's hatred of Tyrion. The whole theory that Tyrion is the bastard of the Mad King & Joanna Lannister is a red herring. It's really Jaime & Cersei that are bastard Targaeryens - Blackfyres. It's heavily foreshadowed in Cersei's story. Tyrion is the only real Lannister and Tywin's legitimate heir.

The key in GoT/ASOIAF is this line: History doesn't repeat, but it often rhymes. I don't remember the corollary rhyme from the history, but their was a story where a son unknowingly killed his father to save the realm. That's what happened with Jaime & Aerys. Jaime unknowingly slew his father to save King's Landing and the people. Cersei's rhyming story is going to mirror that of Alison Hightower, the Dowager Queen (look it up).

vCash
    Yes, that's the irony of Tywin's hatred of Tyrion. The whole theory that Tyrion is the bastard of the Mad King & Joanna Lannister is a red herring. It's really Jaime & Cersei that are bastard Targaeryens - Blackfyres. It's heavily foreshadowed in Cersei's story. Tyrion is the only real Lannister and Tywin's legitimate heir.

The key in GoT/ASOIAF is this line: History doesn't repeat, but it often rhymes. I don't remember the corollary rhyme from the history, but their was a story where a son unknowingly killed his father to save the realm. That's what happened with Jaime & Aerys. Jaime unknowingly slew his father to save King's Landing and the people. Cersei's rhyming story is going to mirror that of Alison Hightower, the Dowager Queen (look it up).
    I looked it up and it is amazing how much time has been put into back stories now. GRRM needs to concentrate on finishing the series but I am afraid he just doesn't care now that the show will put the ending out there. I have seen it stated that the ending is supposed to be the same but how they get there will be different.

vCash
    Pretty interesting episode...

Obviously next week the shit hits the fan.

vCash
    It definitely felt like a goodbye type episode. Jamie basically getting forgiveness kind of from Bran and then knighting Brienne of Tarth. I do wonder what is going to happen between Jon and Dany now that she knows he is the rightful heir. She already got pissed off by Sansa saying the North basically wants to rule themselves and then Jon tells her that he is the rightful heir and the proof is from his brother and best friend.

Dany seems to be leaning toward the Mad Queen territory and I don't trust that she doesn't go off the rails as soon as the White Walkers are taken care of.

vCash
    Next week will be the Butcher's Episode. I bet we lose half the cast.

That was a really good episode setting up for the battle. I was glad to see Podrick back. He's one of my favorite minor characters. I'm sure he's done for next episode.

vCash
    The dragons know Jon is Targarion (sp?). I expect that to play a role at some point.

Jamie is as good as dead. I doubt he survives episode 3. Although a lot of people are about to die.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    The dragons know Jon is Targarion (sp?). I expect that to play a role at some point.

Jamie is as good as dead. I doubt he survives episode 3. Although a lot of people are about to die.
    I think Dany will go Mad Queen and try to draconus Jon. He will not die from dragon fire but Dany might think he is dead. Jon then realizes she went over the edge and has to kill her.

vCash
    I think Dany will go Mad Queen and try to draconus Jon. He will not die from dragon fire but Dany might think he is dead. Jon then realizes she went over the edge and has to kill her.
    If it doesn't end that way, it should. Be a great ending.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If it doesn't end that way, it should. Be a great ending.
    Dany kills Sansa because she won't bend the knee after the War of the Night King. Jon has to kill Dany and take the Iron Throne. He makes Samwell his Hand.