Thread: I never thought Will Clark could be replaced

vCash

I never thought Will Clark could be replaced

I was in elementary school when Clark was here. I was at that age, before I discovered girls, where I still had real heroes. People that seemed liked a real Superman.

Will Clark was my hero. I got butterflies in my stomach when he came up to bat. When he made it to the big leagues the most important part of my day was checking the box score (before the internet and all games where on TV). Had all the posters, baseball cards, magazine covers (still do).

I'm older now. Only girls give me butterflies. I don't hold Will Clark to quite the same mythical place I did at age 11, but he's still the gold standard of my fandom. He is still my sports hero.

I didn't think he could be replaced. Not even Dak, who is everything you want in a sports hero.

But Mangum is that special. He is getting close to it. The guy is special

vCash
    Heckuva player. He doesn't walk or strikeout much, he just comes to hit. Should get the SEC hits record. It's been mentioned on here that he can get the national record, but I'm just not seeing it. I love Mangum. A true dawg.

vCash
    He is a just a gamer. That word is over used, but it just fits

He plays with heart

vCash
    Had this conversation with my son earlier. Mangum is just a special player. Great family too.

vCash
    We ain't seen nothing yet.. he still has 4 games (at least) vs Ole Miss to play. He absolutely owns them.

Banned
    vCash
    He certainly has the "it" factor and that is used way too much. He and Dak are about the only 2 MSU guys in past 20 years with "it".

vCash
    To me he would only replace Clark and Palmeiro if he leads us to a National Title.

But he's a special player and is our best CF in school history. He's definitely a Ring of Honor guy too.

vCash
    He's one of the most clutch players for sure.

Banned
    vCash
    Real heroes other than ozarka?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    To me he would only replace Clark and Palmeiro if he leads us to a National Title.

But he's a special player and is our best CF in school history. He's definitely a Ring of Honor guy too.
    Yeah, I agree. Mangum is awesome... he's one heck of a player. Palmeiro and Clark were much more dangerous though.

ETA... I know this is more a career thing, but rooker's year in 2017 tops any year jake has had. We have been blessed with some truly great baseball players
    Last edited by msstate7; 04-06-2019 at 06:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Mangum is awesome... he's one heck of a player. Palmeiro and Clark were much more dangerous though.

ETA... I know this is more a career thing, but rooker's year in 2017 tops any year jake has had. We have been blessed with some truly great baseball players
    "We have been blessed with some truly great baseball players" Amen, I have been going to ballgames at DNF since 1973, when we would just pull our cars into the outfield. I think back at all the amazing players I have seen! Not just on our team I have seen Bo Jackson, Frank Thomas, Ben McDonald play. DNF is the field of dreams. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msstate7 again.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!