Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first complaint for Lemonis

vCash

My first complaint for Lemonis

I wish he would have found a game or two for Rowdey to sit. Maybe he can do it this week against Grambling. I always fealt like a couple or three days without touching a bat was the best slump buster.

Sit him against Grambling and put him back out there against Florida.

Banned
    vCash
    Has Rowdey lost the spectacles? He get lasik or wearing contacts now? Going your whole life wearing glasses to suddenly being able to see without them will take some time to adjust to.

vCash
    It’s not a slump. He started slow last year too. He’ll be fine.

vCash
    Here's the truth about Rowdey and what concerns me: he didn't hit well this summer either. I didn't say anything because it's early in the year and etc. but he needs to do something different and I agree he needs to sit for now.

vCash
    Rowdy has a massive hand hitch in his load that by definition is difficult to time up. Meaning, he will always be streaky. He has great bat speed, his swing plane is good, & he's athletic. So his ceiling is that of an impact SEC hitter, but his hitch is something that he has time up, &, like most guys that have more moving parts, he is streaky depending on how his rhythm & timing is.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Here's the truth about Rowdey and what concerns me: he didn't hit well this summer either. I didn't say anything because it's early in the year and etc. but he needs to do something different and I agree he needs to sit for now.
    The problem I've seen is his contact has been awful. He's getting little tiny pieces of the ball and either popping out or hitting 5 hoppers to the infield. He's off on virtually everything he's seeing and it's way off, not like hitting balls right at people kind of stuff. His timing and rhythm at the plate are very poor right now. Mechanics are off.

I'm all for getting Cumbest a start against Grambling and letting Rowdey sit. Let him clear his head, spend some time around the coaches for a game, have a chance to talk and chat with them, and just watch the game.

vCash
    He helped us win today. Had he not taken one and gotten on base, who knows if we score a run to tie the game back up...

If we were on a losing streak or he was costing us wins, I'd understand. He isn't, so I say let him play through it.

vCash
    The question is if Westy was available today, who would you take out of the lineup? I think Landon Jordan is a hitter and I want him in the lineup as much as possible.

So you have 2 options, play Cumbest in LF who is very raw and who has gotten very few AB's but has a high ceiling imo. Or you could play Halter in LF where some scouts projected him. That would put LJ at 2nd base and you can still DH Jones/Gilbert.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    The question is if Westy was available today, who would you take out of the lineup? I think Landon Jordan is a hitter and I want him in the lineup as much as possible.

So you have 2 options, play Cumbest in LF who is very raw and who has gotten very few AB's but has a high ceiling imo. Or you could play Halter in LF where some scouts projected him. That would put LJ at 2nd base and you can still DH Jones/Gilbert.
    Cumbest should be able to hit Mendoza and it's a good investment in his future- or even platoon Cumbest and Hatcher until Rowdey claims the position with production again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Cumbest should be able to hit Mendoza and it's a good investment in his future- or even platoon Cumbest and Hatcher until Rowdey claims the position with production again
    I hear ya, just wish we would have gotten Cumbest more AB's by now either as a LF or as a DH. He has 5 AB's on the entire year and we start SEC play this weekend.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Rowdey will be fine.

My first complaint on Lemonis was he wasn't fast enough getting to the mound in his power walk to get the ball throwers out. He damn sure tried tho. I like he doesn't seem to have a whole lot of patience for guys who give up free shit. Jerk their ass and go to someone else as we have the arms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Rowdey will be fine.

My first complaint on Lemonis was he wasn't fast enough getting to the mound in his power walk to get the ball throwers out. He damn sure tried tho. I like he doesn't seem to have a whole lot of patience for guys who give up free shit. Jerk their ass and go to someone else as we have the arms.
    Shit that last time he was cussing all the way. Then when Skelton got out there looked like he said I just want someone to throw ****ing strikes!! Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    The problem I've seen is his contact has been awful. He's getting little tiny pieces of the ball and either popping out or hitting 5 hoppers to the infield. He's off on virtually everything he's seeing and it's way off, not like hitting balls right at people kind of stuff. His timing and rhythm at the plate are very poor right now. Mechanics are off.

I'm all for getting Cumbest a start against Grambling and letting Rowdey sit. Let him clear his head, spend some time around the coaches for a game, have a chance to talk and chat with them, and just watch the game.
    I agree- he may be streaky but that's even more reason to me to let him sit. Cumbest is about as good defensively and can run very well so I don't think we're losing or much of that by sitting Rowdey. So, if we're getting potentially better production without losing the speed or defense component it's a no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post

No- I think you very obviously take out Rowdey.

C- Skelton/Jones platoon like we're doing.
    1B- Allen and if he struggles more play Hatcher.
    2B- Halter who is hitting .289 and looking better.
    3B- Foscue
    SS- Westburg
    LF- Cumbest
    CF- Mangum
    RF- MacNamee
    DH- Landon Jordan who is hitting .310

When Rowdey and/maybe Allen get their heads on right- then you maybe put them back in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I wish he would have found a game or two for Rowdey to sit. Maybe he can do it this week against Grambling. I always fealt like a couple or three days without touching a bat was the best slump buster.

Sit him against Grambling and put him back out there against Florida.
    If he’s serious about busting this slump I think we all know what needs to be done...too bad Barnhills isn’t around anymore

vCash
    He had a few hits this weekend I thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rowdy has a massive hand hitch in his load that by definition is difficult to time up. Meaning, he will always be streaky. He has great bat speed, his swing plane is good, & he's athletic. So his ceiling is that of an impact SEC hitter, but his hitch is something that he has time up, &, like most guys that have more moving parts, he is streaky depending on how his rhythm & timing is.
    Good analysis. He can be successful as evidenced by last year but as you said timing is critical for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    He had a few hits this weekend I thought
    2/11 this weekend with an RBI. His batting average dropped overall.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Rowdey will be fine.

Exactky!! I love LeMo's attitude with that kinda stuff. I haven't seen a single thing he's done yet that I disagree with.

Banned
    vCash
    Just making sure you guys do realize there is more to the game than hitting alone.. Rowdey is OUTSTANDING defensively

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Just making sure you guys do realize there is more to the game than hitting alone.. Rowdey is OUTSTANDING defensively
    Right. And so is Cumbest.