Page 63 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Completely agree. Sweat was an absolute game changer. If you can sign anyone even remotely close to his talent level out of JUCO, you do it.

I just want more class depth and production. That class is gonna have about 9-10 guys make a legit contribution. To me that's just not enough. Like I said, the Top 5 in that class are massive talents. Outside of that, Sweat is really the only one that's done anything meaningful on the field. Landrews and Cole a little. But after that, really nothing. We need the 2019 class to have about 13-15 guys make big time contributions.
    2 year starter, all SEC, all American, 1st rounder.......i agree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    There hasn?t been one single game played yet. How are you so certain none of these players are going to contribute?
    Why don't you give me your projected 2 deep and tell me how many of those names are on there. Sure there could be surprises, but outside of Austin Williams, the majority of those guys won't see much playing time unless one or more people get hurt.

That's just how that's going to work if you look at what we are returning and what we brought in in 2018 and 2019.

vCash
    Why don't you give me your projected 2 deep and tell me how many of those names are on there. Sure there could be surprises, but outside of Austin Williams, the majority of those guys won't see much playing time unless one or more people get hurt.

That's just how that's going to work if you look at what we are returning and what we brought in in 2018 and 2019.
    That tells me we have some really good guys in front of these players.
    So that’s a good thing

And on a side note.. Tyler Williams is going to be a really good player

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Haven't written them off. But how much of an impact will those guys make this year? The answer is very similar to last year. Close to zero. So they will go through their RS sophomore year with little to no impact. Other than QB, if you are worth your salt, you usually find the field and make some impact by year 3 unless you are just stuck behind a bunch of really really good guys. But even then, you can usually find the 2 deep.

I don't see that happening from anyone in this group honestly. That's concerning.
    Well Austin Williams played a good bit last year and will play this year as well. Powers Warren was one of about 12 tight ends Dan mullen signed. That’s Mullen’s fault. Odom has been sitting behind the best collection of Dline talent in college football and will still be sitting behind some of the best collection of defensive ends in football this year. Suggs is also on one of the best units on our team. We have 5 star offensive linemen sitting on the bench for this squad. I am not sure what you want out of a recruiting class but the 2017 one is probably one of our best ever outside of the 2011 one and our 2015 one.
    Last edited by Jarius; 06-29-2019 at 02:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Odom was an outstanding HS player. I would have signed him. As for the OL from that class, they really haven't had enough time to contribute. It generally takes longer for those guys, unless they are elite.

Dan had an unbalanced roster at times. He ignored DL recruiting a couple of cycles earlier in his tenure and we paid for it. I also remember when he had all slot receivers for our receiving corp.

Odom had really impressive stats for a high school player. I bet if someone evaluated him with football analytics he would have rated a four star. And as far as Dan and his unbalanced rosters- to me that was one of his greatest sins as a recruiter. I guess he was so arrogant that he thought he could just plug and play anyone into his system and it would be awesome. Joe has improved that a lot thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Williams, Suggs, Odom, Jackson And Williams still have time to make an impact.
    Absolutely. It's impossible to project 2020 at this point. I remember this time last year people were concerned about the safety position and now that we have seen guys like Landrews, Cole, and CJ Morgan step up during last season it's not a concern as much anymore.

vCash
    Seems like The Network is back in business up the road, they have been racking in some commits recently

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Seems like The Network is back in business up the road, they have been racking in some commits recently
    1- it never went out of business. They just had bad PR to fight thru.
    2- meh, while they are getting some good players, this isn't some super special class. The guy who they got who was previously committed to bama wasn't going to have a spot in t town. The qb went to the best school he could. Options weren't that many.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    1- it never went out of business. They just had bad PR to fight thru.
    2- meh, while they are getting some good players, this isn't some super special class. The guy who they got who was previously committed to bama wasn't going to have a spot in t town. The qb went to the best school he could. Options weren't that many.
    The ONLY way the network up the road will go out of business is if the OM football program goes out of business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    None that I’d want

vCash
    The Network never went out of business but at the same time they won't have a class like 2013 ever again either.

vCash
    Archie had assembled quite a group.

vCash
    Who is Caleb Offered?

Kid from Southhaven just committed to Notre Dame & I have never heard of him. Odd
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Who is Caleb Offered?

Kid from Southhaven just committed to Notre Dame & I have never heard of him. Odd
    It is weird. He shows (not sure if real) 3 sec offers and the obvious ND, but no OM and state. ND has a really good class too

vCash
    IYOK, I'd be sweating that under 7 now... #4 in

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I should be sweating or are you starting to sweat?

vCash
    Yep. Jordan Davis in the boat and that's a big get.

I think 2 of ours already committed get bumps to a 4 star. I think Selmon and Dean are the 2 most likely candidates.

And I could see us getting 3 more 4 stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I should be sweating or are you starting to sweat?
    Me. It's looking much better thanks to joe and staff

vCash
    He was a former Bama signee if that tells you anything about his talent. HUGE get

vCash
    Yep. Jordan Davis in the boat and that's a big get.

I think 2 of ours already committed get bumps to a 4 star. I think Selmon and Dean are the 2 most likely candidates.

And I could see us getting 3 more 4 stars.
    If we get 10 4 stars, then that's a great class.

10 4 stars a year gets you close to your overall roster having about half 4/5 stars recruits, which means you can beat pretty much anyone except the 5 star croot hoarders
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Me. It's looking much better thanks to joe and staff
    Yea that wasn't just a random # I picked out the sky.