Page 53 of 148 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    So since I posted look for the bell to be ringing , we get a commit from arguable the most talented in state with Dean , prob going to land 2 more big time recruits before weeks end or the weekend and
    3/4 of the post have been bitching about recruiting .. it’s pretty amazing ....
    It is man, and it's the same bunch every single time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You can't be serious?

How about they get the ranking right?

How else are you supposed to follow recruiting? One is ranked a 92 & the other an 86. Those two players aren't remotely close in the rankings. If the 86 is better than the 92, then we may as well ditch recruiting rankings
    I will take a kid that has offers from damn near every SEC school including bama and Uga over a 4 star rated kid that has offers from OM and UK ..
    I don’t understand why some of you can’t understand that ...

vCash
    You can't be serious?

How about they get the ranking right?

How else are you supposed to follow recruiting? One is ranked a 92 & the other an 86. Those two players aren't remotely close in the rankings. If the 86 is better than the 92, then we may as well ditch recruiting rankings
    I will take a kid that has offers from damn near every SEC school including bama and Uga over a 4 star rated kid that has offers from OM and UK ..
    I don?t understand why some of you can?t understand that ...

vCash
    It's because most look at stars and numbers because they don't actually have to think or research. Most on here would rather take a 4 star kid over a 3 star kid without looking at the kids. I think stars are important. But I think offers are more important.

I would take a 3 star with offers from Bama and Georgia every day of the week over a kid that's a 4 star with offers from Ole Miss and Kentucky.

vCash
    I don?t understand why some of you can?t understand that ...
    I don't understand why you get combative about us looking at recruiting rankings. Go fight City Hall for better recruiting rankings instead of fighting us.

I get your point, I really do, but it doesn't change the fact that their is a Gulf between this kid & Dean in the recruiting rankings. Maybe this kid has academic issues. IDK.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    It's because most look at stars and numbers because they don't actually have to think or research. Most on here would rather take a 4 star kid over a 3 star kid without looking at the kids. I think stars are important. But I think offers are more important.

I would take a 3 star with offers from Bama and Georgia every day of the week over a kid that's a 4 star with offers from Ole Miss and Kentucky.
    I tell you what, I'll take 85 4 stars & I'll give you 85 3 stars with better offers. We'll see who wins more games.

vCash
    We've currently got 1 4 star recruit. 1.

Jumping quickly on the 3 stars in the state & not pushing for more highly rated recruits from outside the state would be the definition of country club

I love the Dean commitment & I think JoMo is making the best of a down instate year, but let's slow the roll on praising his recruiting.

Again, regardless of anyone's opinions of what players SHOULD be ranked, JoMo currently only has 1 4 star commitment.

That will get us killed in our division. Absolutely slaughtered

Alabama has 17 4+ stars committed
    LSU has 13
    A&M has 5
    Auburn has 6

Those schools aren't committing every 3 instate kid that likes them. They are fighting for 4 stars.

Just saying.

I'm not being negative as I believe we will soon start to add the 4 stars, but it's just plainly inaccurate at this point to like this recruiting class. Completely inaccurate
    And I think you are completely inaccurate with this post and shouldnt let guys who couldnt care less tell you how good a kid is, better yet an entire recruiting class. MS is always going to have good players whether they are 3 stars or 1 stars.

He has done a good job with this class and in this offseason. Anyone who says he hasnt is ignorant or just hating. Dean is easily more impactful than McKinley Jackson is, plays 10x harder and makes 10x more plays than he does. You tell me which one you want. Unless you are like a lot of the crystal ballers that rate these kids and never have even seen them play.

vCash
    I tell you what, I'll take 85 4 stars & I'll give you 85 3 stars with better offers. We'll see who wins more games.
    My team every single time. I'll take that bet 100% of the time. Give me 85 3 stars with Alabama and Georgia offers and I'll give you 85 4 stars with Ole Miss and Kentucky offers and my team would whip the piss out of your team.

That's the whole point. Stars matter. But that's because most highly rated guys have good offers. But there are plenty of 3 stars that stay 3 stars that have solid offers because they fit well or bloom late or get overlooked. But if Bama wants a kid, that's all I need to know. Saban is the gold standard. If he offers a kid, it means they are elite or have elite potential. Not pretty good. Elite. Coaches know more than these website paid scouts that charge kids and their families to put their recruiting profiles on their websites to get hits and views

vCash
    I like Dean. He could end up as a 4* guy. Has a nice offer list. He might be better than Reed. Idk. His final 2 were State and South Carolina. You figure out how legit those offers were smart guy.

vCash
    I get your point, but honestly, in recruiting I'd rather have 3 Jeff Driskel's than 1 Dak Prescott & take my chances
    And you would end up exactly like UF did not having a single QB worth a damn. Evaluation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>star system

vCash
    My team every single time. I'll take that bet 100% of the time. Give me 85 3 stars with Alabama and Georgia offers and I'll give you 85 4 stars with Ole Miss and Kentucky offers and my team would whip the piss out of your team.

That's the whole point. Stars matter. But that's because most highly rated guys have good offers. But there are plenty of 3 stars that stay 3 stars that have solid offers because they fit well or bloom late or get overlooked. But if Bama wants a kid, that's all I need to know. Saban is the gold standard. If he offers a kid, it means they are elite or have elite potential. Not pretty good. Elite. Coaches know more than these website paid scouts that charge kids and their families to put their recruiting profiles on their websites to get hits and views
    You'll get your ass kicked about 80 times per the numbers. The team with the higher recruiting ranking beats teams with lower recruiting rankings 80% of the time straight up. That's a researched statistic for the genius who said we should do our research. It takes no research to just shout "offers! look at the offers!". Offers are abstract. They are not always the same. Rankings have become scientific. They matter and mean something in concert with winning. If you people don't get that by now or are turning a blind eye to it then you will be stuck having this same dumbass argument every year wondering why we aren't getting better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    We've averaged 8 wins over the last decade. At what point should we start expecting a next step? How many years in a row can the patience card be played? I've done the numbers on it. There's 10 MS HS blue chips every year, you need to land at least half of them. There's 4 MS Juco blue chips every year, you have to land one of those. There's 350+ non MS blue chips every year, you need to land 4 of those. It's not a cake walk, but people acting as if signing 10 blue chips every year is some ridiculous number have no aspiration for this program. It is quite doable.
    Sure its doable, maybe once every 10 years or so or if OM goes 2-10 for the next 2 years and Orgeron bottoms out AND Malzahn gets fired and Auburn tanks. Bear Bryant said in his book at A&M, that if there is 10 good players in state your best shot is 5. We are probably right on that. OM is going to get some kids, USM is going to get one every now and then and Auburn, LSU and Bama now even UGA are going to be after them hard. Thats just the truth. We are never, EVER going to sign the 10 best players all from MS in one year. Blue chip is an opinion and like I've said as long as some of you keep depending on the Dandy Dozen list and the crooting sites to tell you how good we are doing you are never going to be happy.

All you can realistically expect a staff to do is go out and recruit the shit out of the kids and this staff has done that vastly better than Mullen and his crew ever did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Anyone who says he hasnt is ignorant or just hating.
    Ok. I just realized that we only have 1 4 star commitment & every SEC West team that has won the division over the past 20 or so years has about 50% 4 & 5 stars on their roster.

Do you dispute this fact?

vCash
    I like Dean. He could end up as a 4* guy. Has a nice offer list. He might be better than Reed. Idk. His final 2 were State and South Carolina. You figure out how legit those offers were smart guy.
    I guess Reed is the kid that committed to OM... ?
    Not only will I bet you Dean has a better college career than that kid, but I bet he doesn’t even end up at OM.
    And yeah I’m a Smart mother ****er.

vCash

So crawl on over to 247 & tell Paul & Steve that the rankings are wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    And you would end up exactly like UF did not having a single QB worth a damn. Evaluation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>star system
    What QB do we have that is worth a damn?

I'd take Florida's QB situation over our right now.

vCash
    You'll get your ass kicked about 80 times per the numbers. The team with the higher recruiting ranking beats teams with lower recruiting rankings 80% of the time straight up. That's a researched statistic for the genius who said we should do our research. It takes no research to just shout "offers! look at the offers!". Offers are abstract. They are not always the same. Rankings have become scientific. They matter and mean something in concert with winning. If you people don't get that by now or are turning a blind eye to it then you will be stuck having this same dumbass argument every year wondering why we aren't getting better.
    Thank you for having a brain. I can't believe we are still having this conversation with other posters. It's mind boggling.

vCash
    That's the whole point. The rankings matter because the good teams offer the higher ranked kids and the high ranked kids have good offers. The reason you don't see many 3 stars with Alabama offers is because they have Alabama offers. They get bumped to 4 stars because of them being elite. We all bitch when we say "had they committed to Bama they would get a bump to a 4 star". Why do you think we say that? Because OFFERS matter and rankings almost always reflect offers.

vCash
    I guess Reed is the kid that committed to OM... ?
    Not only will I bet you Dean has a better college career than that kid, but I bet he doesn’t even end up at OM.
    And yeah I’m a Smart mother ****er.
    Again, you may be completely right. This isn't about Dean though.

This is about us only having 1 4 star commit when it's pretty well established that you've got to have around 10 4 stars in each recruiting class to compete

vCash
    So crawl on over to 247 & tell Paul & Steve that the rankings are wrong.

Here's the thing. Dean will end up a 4 star. It's freaking June man. There's almost 8 more months until the recruiting cycle is done and still another 5 months until early signing.

Dean will end up higher. Why? Because he has good offers. And when it's this far from signing day updates to rankings happen much fewer and far between.