Page 52 of 148 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not sure. But we need to be signing around 10 4 stars a year.

Recruiting classes like this one unless we pick it up, on paper will get us destroyed in the future.

I also think we may have 3-4 commits that are raised to 4 stars, but they haven't been yet & until they do, they're 3 stars.
    There is little difference between high 3 star players and 4 star players.
    Stop worrying about what these recruiting guys rate a player and look more at offers he has.
    Plus if we keep hitting jucos with instant impact players that are P5 talent we will continue to have success
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 06-18-2019 at 11:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Stop worrying about what these recruiting guys rate a player and look more at offers he has.
    Plus if we keep hitting jucos with instant impact players that are P5 talent we will continue to have success
    Even so, look at the offer lists of the current commits at aTm, auburn, Alabama, and LSU compared to ours.

vCash
    It's pretty well know how many 4 & 5 stars you need on your roster to compete for the West. You're probably right in that there isn't much difference in reality between these guys & many 4 stars, but on paper there is. We simply won't meet the profile of a contender until we are landing about 10 4+ stars a year
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I will say this though, dean is a 3-star we should always take. I love this commitment... I think some of our others may be reaches

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Dang crazy he?s only a 3 star. Shows offers from Alabama, Georgia, USCe, and Tenn
    No. recruiting services know more than Saban, Smart and all of the actual people at the programs who evaluate these kids.

vCash
    It's pretty well know how many 4 & 5 stars you need on your roster to compete for the West. You're probably right in that there isn't much difference in reality between these guys & many 4 stars, but on paper there is. We simply won't meet the profile of a contender until we are landing about 10 4+ stars a year
    It's just like betting against the house in blackjack. Sure, you can win, but in the aggregate over time they win. That's the code for recruiting in college football. If you don't have 50% blue chip ratio, you don't have a chance. Until someone comes along and turns the game upside down, that's the standard. There's been a couple of teams come close. Oregon in 2014 was the closest anyone has come. You have to have elite QB play, favorable schedule, and a decent bit of underranked talent. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it hasn't been done yet.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Even so, look at the offer lists of the current commits at aTm, auburn, Alabama, and LSU compared to ours.
    If that's the barometer then you're never going to be happy. Those are top 12 recruiting schools. We have to get closer to them in recruiting we're not going to recruit like them. Again we can win a ton of games if we move up to that consistent 17-22 range. That's an extra couple of 4* a class. That's where we need to move up to 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    It's just like betting against the house in blackjack. Sure, you can win, but in the aggregate over time they win. That's the code for recruiting in college football. If you don't have 50% blue chip ratio, you don't have a chance. Until someone comes along and turns the game upside down, that's the standard. There's been a couple of teams come close. Oregon in 2014 was the closest anyone has come. You have to have elite QB play, favorable schedule, and a decent bit of underranked talent. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it hasn't been done yet.
    I think Scott frost may be that guy.

vCash
    I don't want my posts on here to be misconstrued that I think everything is great with recruiting & we can't improve. I definitely know we have to get better but I also see the effort this staff is making. Of course this is a results oriented business but usually better effort lead to better results. I like the discussion & back & forth. I just like to acknowledge the small gains we're making while realizing there's more work to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't want my posts on here to be misconstrued that I think everything is great with recruiting & we can't improve. I definitely know we have to get better but I also see the effort this staff is making. Of course this is a results oriented business but usually better effort lead to better results. I like the discussion & back & forth. I just like to acknowledge the small gains we're making while realizing there's more work to do.
    Good to hear.

When is the next "big class" in Mississippi?

I realize the 2019 one was rare, but is there another really strong one coming up?

vCash
    Good to hear.

When is the next "big class" in Mississippi?

I realize the 2019 one was rare, but is there another really strong one coming up?
    2021 will be very good. Now will it be 2019 I doubt it. That class had been talked about since they were in 10th grade.

vCash
    2021 will be very good. Now will it be 2019 I doubt it. That class had been talked about since they were in 10th grade.
    We'll have to have a verdict then I guess.

vCash
    Fair enough....I think this will turn out to be a middle of the road class for us. It isn't going to kill us. I do think Joe is still learning and I think in the future he will hold off taking certain kids so early (Ducking, Anderson-Butts. etc., come to mind) and pushing to get a higher rated kid in. I also believe that we have to accept that we are going to plateau until Joe figures out how to recruit more efficiently and has all of his contacts in place. I also think Joe has to show the world that he can field a competent offense. That should happen shortly. People like Joe and if he proves he can win at this level we should be able to take the next step.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    I do think Joe is still learning .
    If true, I have a huge problem with this. Can't learn in this conference.

vCash
    Ole Miss just landed a 92 rated safety from Shreveport.

How? What in hell?

vCash

How? What in hell?
    Will they get Jackson and pegues?

vCash

How? What in hell?
    LSU already has two higher rated safeties committed...but yea

vCash

How? What in hell?
    He isn’t a take yet for LSU and the only other sec offer outside of OM is UK .. maybe he signs with OM maybe he doesn’t .. Dean > and it’s not really close ... again stop star gazing

vCash
    again stop star gazing
    You can't be serious?

How about they get the ranking right?

How else are you supposed to follow recruiting? One is ranked a 92 & the other an 86. Those two players aren't remotely close in the rankings. If the 86 is better than the 92, then we may as well ditch recruiting rankings
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 06-18-2019 at 01:32 PM.

vCash
    So since I posted look for the bell to be ringing , we get a commit from arguable the most talented in state with Dean , prob going to land 2 more big time recruits before weeks end or the weekend and
    3/4 of the post have been bitching about recruiting .. it’s pretty amazing ....