Page 50 of 148 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    So is Alex Adams just not that interested in us anymore?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We've currently got 1 4 star recruit. 1.

Jumping quickly on the 3 stars in the state & not pushing for more highly rated recruits from outside the state would be the definition of country club

I love the Dean commitment & I think JoMo is making the best of a down instate year, but let's slow the roll on praising his recruiting.

Again, regardless of anyone's opinions of what players SHOULD be ranked, JoMo currently only has 1 4 star commitment.

That will get us killed in our division. Absolutely slaughtered

Alabama has 17 4+ stars committed
    LSU has 13
    A&M has 5
    Auburn has 6

Those schools aren't committing every 3 instate kid that likes them. They are fighting for 4 stars.

Just saying.

I'm not being negative as I believe we will soon start to add the 4 stars, but it's just plainly inaccurate at this point to like this recruiting class. Completely inaccurate
    Who are the 4-stars besides tulu we are likely to get?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    So is Alex Adams just not that interested in us anymore?
    Rumblings about grades with him, we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who are the 4-stars besides tulu we are likely to get?
    Not sure. But we need to be signing around 10 4 stars a year.

Recruiting classes like this one unless we pick it up, on paper will get us destroyed in the future.

I also think we may have 3-4 commits that are raised to 4 stars, but they haven't been yet & until they do, they're 3 stars.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash

Recruiting classes like this one unless we pick it up, on paper will get us destroyed in the future.

I also think we may have 3-4 commits that are raised to 4 stars, but they haven't been yet & until they do, they're 3 stars.
    This is never going to happen, unless you want to end up like Ole Miss. We are a developmental school. Take the athletes that are raw and mold them into players. We are always going to make our hay by getting elite athletes that are under recruited. That is going to be alot of 3 Stars with some State lean 4 Stars mixed in depending on in State talent for the year. As long as they have SEC measureables I am fine with getting these so called 3 stars.

vCash

Like we got destroyed in 2014 right? We were literally a Mullen having his asshole too tight first half vs Alabama away from playing in Atlanta.

vCash

That's a misguided comment. A player either is or isn't a 4 star talent, and it has nothing to do with how teams perform on the field if the evaluations from the recruiting sites are wrong. I could start my own recruiting site and rank all of Bama's players 2 star recruits, but they'll still win 11+ games every year; the recruiting ranking will only correlate to success when the evaluations are accurate. So if you think we have 3-4 commits that deserve to be 4 stars, then you have to acknowledge large error bars and lack of reliability with the current team rankings.

vCash

Exactly!

Just like that 2011 class!!!*******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scared_Hitless View Post
    We are a developmental school. Take the athletes that are raw and mold them into players.
    This is such a bullshit, limiting comment.

vCash
    When Mullen was here, stars matter. Mullen gone, stars don't matter

vCash
    Amazing how some of you, after 9 straight bowl games, still expect to recruit the same.

I'm fine if you think this recruiting is Ok at this point, but don't praise JoMo. This class is in no way, shape, or form worth any praise at this point.

Could JoMo be out evaluating everyone & we'll end up in Atlanta with this class. Absolutely. However, there is pretty substantial history that says we have absolutely no chance of making that happen with classes like this.

vCash
    That certainly appears to be the going trend.

Not saying Mullen wasn't lazy on the recruiting trail, but people are biased & delusional right now. Jomo could get a commitment from a paraplegic right now & people will talk about what a great job he's doing.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We've currently got 1 4 star recruit. 1.

Jumping quickly on the 3 stars in the state & not pushing for more highly rated recruits from outside the state would be the definition of country club

I love the Dean commitment & I think JoMo is making the best of a down instate year, but let's slow the roll on praising his recruiting.

Again, regardless of anyone's opinions of what players SHOULD be ranked, JoMo currently only has 1 4 star commitment.

That will get us killed in our division. Absolutely slaughtered

Alabama has 17 4+ stars committed
    LSU has 13
    A&M has 5
    Auburn has 6

Those schools aren't committing every 3 instate kid that likes them. They are fighting for 4 stars.

Just saying.

I'm not being negative as I believe we will soon start to add the 4 stars, but it's just plainly inaccurate at this point to like this recruiting class. Completely inaccurate
    I get what you're saying but there's a clear diff in 3*. There's the 3* with no other SEC or P5 offers & there's the 3* with a lot of offers who's a 3* because there's a cap on the # of 4* sites have. I'm just going to do the HS guys right now.

Javorrius Selmon - 3 SEC 4 P5 Offers
    Cameron Threatt - 4 SEC 5 P5 Offers
    Janari Dean - 7 SEC 8 P5 Offers
    Tamarion McDonald - 4 SEC 5 P5 Offers
    Jakivuan Brown - 5 SEC 8 P5 Offers
    Jevon Banks - 3 SEC 5 P5 Offers
    Emmanuel Forbes - 3 SEC 4 P5 Offers
    Grant Jackson - 2 SEC 3 P5 Offers
    Armondous Cooley - 1 SEC 2 P5 Offers
    Calvin McMillan - 1 SEC 2 P5 Offers
    Will Rogers - 1 SEC 2 P5 Offers

The majority of the Hs class are multiple SEC & P5 offer guys. I'm not trying to hype up these guys but they're more underrated by recruiting services than coaching staffs. Now look at who we're hot on with our remaining spots.

RB - Dillon Johnson 4* 4 SEC 7 P5 Offers
    WR - Lideatrick "Tulu" Griffin 4* 4 SEC 4 P5 Offers
    WR - Koy Moore (LSU favorite but in his top 5) 4* 8 SEC 12 P5 Offers
    WR - Rakim Jarrett (LSU Commit but in top 5 & getting OV) 5* 10 SEC 30 P5 Offers
    OL - Xavier Hill High 3* 10 SEC 13 P5 Offers
    OL - Marcus Henderson 4* 13 SEC 20 P5 Offers
    OL - Josh Remetich 3* 5 SEC 14 P5 Offers
    DL - Montra Edwards 3* 8 SEC 19 P5 Offers
    LB - Bryson Eason 4* 11 SEC P5 Offers
    LB - Edgerrin Cooper 3* 1 SEC 4 P5 Offers
    DB - Joey Hunter 3* 4 SEC 13 P5 Offers
    Last edited by Ifyouonlyknew; 06-18-2019 at 09:20 AM.

vCash
    What the **** are you talking about? The vast majority of the time when Mullen was the coach most of the message board chatter was "stars don't matter". At least get your facts straight when you're bringing your daily spill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    What the **** are you talking about? The vast majority of the time when Mullen was the coach most of the message board chatter was "stars don't matter". At least get your facts straight when you're bringing your daily spill.
    Whatever. Go back and look at the recruiting threads when Mullen was here. He was ripped... why did you use the term, "country club recruiting"? Was that a compliment?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I get what you're saying but there's a clear diff in 3*. There's the 3* with no other SEC or P5 offers & there's the 3* with a lot of offers who's a 3* because there's a cap on the # of 4* sites have. I'm just going to do the HS guys right now.

Javorrius Selmon - 3 SEC 4 P5 Offers
    Cameron Threatt - 4 SEC 5 P5 Offers
    Janari Dean - 7 SEC 8 P5 Offers
    Tamarion McDonald - 4 SEC 5 P5 Offers
    Jakivuan Brown - 5 SEC 8 P5 Offers
    Jevon Banks - 3 SEC 5 P5 Offers
    Emmanuel Forbes - 3 SEC 4 P5 Offers
    Grant Jackson - 2 SEC 3 P5 Offers
    Armondous Cooley - 1 SEC 2 P5 Offers
    Calvin McMillan - 1 SEC 2 P5 Offers
    Will Rogers - 1 SEC 2 P5 Offers

The majority of the Hs class are multiple SEC & P5 offer guys. I'm not trying to hype up these guys but they're more underrated by recruiting services than coaching staffs. Now look at who we're hot on with our remaining spots.

RB - Dillon Johnson 4* 4 SEC 7 P5 Offers
    WR - Lideatrick "Tulu" Griffin 4* 4 SEC 4 P5 Offers
    WR - Koy Moore (LSU favorite but in his top 5) 4* 8 SEC 12 P5 Offers
    WR - Rakim Jarrett (LSU Commit but in top 5 & getting OV) 5* 10 SEC 30 P5 Offers
    OL - Xavier Hill High 3* 10 SEC 13 P5 Offers
    OL - Marcus Henderson 4* 13 SEC 20 P5 Offers
    OL - Josh Remetich 3* 5 SEC 14 P5 Offers
    DL - Montra Edwards 3* 8 SEC 19 P5 Offers
    LB - Bryson Eason 4* 11 SEC P5 Offers
    LB - Edgerrin Cooper 3* 1 SEC 4 P5 Offers
    DB - Joey Hunter 3* 4 SEC 13 P5 Offers
    Great post & I absolutely agree. It still an opinion though when history says you need about 50% 4 & 5 star recruits on your roster to have a chance.

Hopefully these guys get a boost.

I always want 10 4 & 5 stars a year. That puts us on pace for 40+ on our roster, which SHOULD offer us enough talent to compete with anyone

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Great post & I absolutely agree. It still an opinion though when history says you need about 50% 4 & 5 star recruits on your roster to have a chance.

Hopefully these guys get a boost.

I always want 10 4 & 5 stars a year. That puts us on pace for 40+ on our roster, which SHOULD offer us enough talent to compete with anyone
    Again I don't disagree but you're doing a disservice to the Janari Dean's & Jakivuan Brown's of this class just calling them same old 3*. Also guys like Marcus Murphy, Fabian Lovett, Errol Thompson, Darryl Williams, Stewart Reese, Cam Dantzler etc. Yes they were 3* but their offer sheet showed that college coaches knew they were legit. That's why we have to be careful to differentiate from those bottom tier 3* who are projects or diamonds & these 3* who are the backup guys for LSU Bama UGA etc. We can win a lot of games with those 3* mixed in with 4 & 5* guys.

Banned
    vCash
    Majority 3* kids is ok if your expectation is to win all four non-con games and beat UK and OM for 6-6.

Banned
    vCash
    But, after a decade of bowls, at some point, the expectation has to ratchet up some.

vCash

I think JoMo

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Again I don't disagree but you're doing a disservice to the Janari Dean's & Jakivuan Brown's of this class just calling them same old 3*. Also guys like Marcus Murphy, Fabian Lovett, Errol Thompson, Darryl Williams, Stewart Reese, Cam Dantzler etc. Yes they were 3* but their offer sheet showed that college coaches knew they were legit. That's why we have to be careful to differentiate from those bottom tier 3* who are projects or diamonds & these 3* who are the backup guys for LSU Bama UGA etc. We can win a lot of games with those 3* mixed in with 4 & 5* guys.
    Has also sent a clear sign that he is planning on leaning on the transfer market to fill in gaps and add talent. I can see him grabbing several 4 and 5 stars from places like Bama (who sit 4 stars as backups) in the next season now that he has his feet under him. Honestly, the new transfer rules greatly help a school like MSU.