Page 4 of 148 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    At some point, we have to win our own damn state, if we are going to take the next step as a program.
    That southeastern part of the state is a bunch of Bama bandwagoners. It's like the SW part of the state and LSU. Bama has been in down there a lot this year too. Coach is a State guy, so maybe that helps a little.

vCash
    At some point, we have to win our own damn state, if we are going to take the next step as a program.
    OM is about to crank it up full speed ahead and the blue bloods have gotten a foothold lately. It'll be really hard to take enough of the state's top talent to take next step. I think concentrating on assistants that are really good developers is the way to go and RS, RS, RS. Offset talent with technique and experience

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    My thought on Rogers is to wait and see what happens if/when OM offers him. It's also still probably a 2 QB class regardless of if he sticks or not
    If OM offered him today he'd tell them to piss off

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    I dont keep up with recruiting like most here do and I had never heard of Will Rogers. Looking at his film, he is certainly a pro style passer. Very nice touch on deep balls. And decently strong arm on intermediate routes. Looked like he only ran mostly near goal line. Doesn't look real fast, but fast enough to pick up first downs when needed. I do like his quick release....not a big wind up like Tyler Russell had. That will be important when you only have 2-3 seconds against a BAMA rush. He will require good OL protection, IMO, as he doesn't look like scrambler able to avoid vicious defensive rushes. Looks like a good pickup to me. What does everyone else know about him that have seen him play a lot?
    Best QB in the state for 2020. As good as he is on the field he has better intangibles. Great leader and great kid. But will take no shit from anyone.

vCash
    We just don't seem to be getting much traction in Alabama right now.

The Mississippi kids appear to be way more interested in Alabama schools than vice versa
    We just signed several kids from Bama. And have done well there in the past.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Check your Pm's please sir.
    Just responded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    OM is about to crank it up full speed ahead and the blue bloods have gotten a foothold lately. It'll be really hard to take enough of the state's top talent to take next step. I think concentrating on assistants that are really good developers is the way to go and RS, RS, RS. Offset talent with technique and experience
    This is the best recruiting staff we have ever put together. All we need to do is get Pat Austin back to top it off if we dont he may end up working for the enemy

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    This is the best recruiting staff we have ever put together. All we need to do is get Pat Austin back to top it off if we dont he may end up working for the enemy
    I keep hearing that, but what are we exposing ourselves to? He left rather quietly and under the table, seemed to be fishy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    UR DUAL QB - Jaden Walley - 6'0, 170 - D'Iberville HS - Biloxi, MS
    We didnt offer Walley as a QB. He also has a brother at Diberville that we also offered. Both are ATH's
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-07-2019 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    2013- 3
    2014-3
    2015-7
    2016-3
    2017-0
    2018-3
    2019-3

Alabama recruiting the last 7 years. So again how are we losing traction?

I?m not trying to be an ass or pump sunshine 24/7 it?s just some of you need to not just hit the brakes but pull the emergency break with the ****ing negative shit. We get it
    THANK YOU... I was going to work on that next... I didn't feel we took a dip in Bama recruiting at all. Some people just want to see the world burn it looks like and don't care for facts.

vCash
    We didnt offer Walley as a QB. He also has a brother at Diberville that we also offered. Both are ATH's
    Yep Jaden is a 2020 kid & his brother is 2021. The 2020 instate class is deeper than people 1st projected. It's nowhere the star power of 2019 but it's going to be good.

vCash
    Alright, I will move him around.. only going by what's listed as position on 24/7 or told by others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Yep Jaden is a 2020 kid & his brother is 2021. The 2020 instate class is deeper than people 1st projected. It's nowhere the star power of 2019 but it's going to be good.
    Yes it will be a lot deeper than most think .. Again this tome last year Charles cross was an unknown basically.. there won’t be that big of a surprise but there will be more and more guys once the summer camps come around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Yes it will be a lot deeper than most think .. Again this tome last year Charles cross was an unknown basically.. there won’t be that big of a surprise but there will be more and more guys once the summer camps come around
    When do the unranked usually get ranked. June, July? Not expecting a bunch to jump up to 4 stars or anything.. just wondered.

vCash
    I know this is for 2020 but there is a RB at NWRankin named PJ Lindsay. He needs to be checked out and contacted. I am not a coach or cheerleader for him but I can tell you that kid is going to be special. Write it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    I know this is for 2020 but there is a RB at NWRankin named PJ Lindsay. He needs to be checked out and contacted. I am not a coach or cheerleader for him but I can tell you that kid is going to be special. Write it down.
    Coaches know who he is

vCash
    He is 2021 I believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    I keep hearing that, but what are we exposing ourselves to? He left rather quietly and under the table, seemed to be fishy.
    I have no idea what happened Im sure somebody on the board does

vCash
    He is 2021 I believe
    He had some big games this year for them. Got overshadowed by Jdub and 23 the fast kid who went to USM but he had 13 or so TDs this past year. He is pretty good

vCash
    He is 2021 I believe
    He's 2020