Page 34 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Amazing how other schools always seem to acquire that power.
    The "Infernal Daily Journal" of Tupelo even ran an article about it on page 2 of their sports section the next day. I don't subscribe, but we get it free at work. I have been trying to get my 81 year old Bulldog Mother to drop her subscription, but see still likes reading news in print in the mornings. I put them right up there with the Jackson "Carrion Liar".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    LSU is cleaning up at wr. They now have 3 of the top 8 WRs. The crazy part is only 1 is from Louisiana... 1 from from California and the other from Washington DC.
    On paper this is looking to be the best LSU class I've seen in a while, and that's noteworthy.

vCash
    LSU is cleaning up at wr. They now have 3 of the top 8 WRs. The crazy part is only 1 is from Louisiana... 1 from from California and the other from Washington DC.
    Simply amazing how they do that when they struggle to throw the ball. Simply amazing.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Simply amazing how they do that when they struggle to throw the ball. Simply amazing.
    Well they can show several big time receivers in the league. And they play the game as well as anyone. Add those together and you have a recipe for success!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Well they can show several big time receivers in the league. And they play the game as well as anyone. Add those together and you have a recipe for success!
    I'm going to go out on a limb & guess it's a good bit more than that...

vCash
    Kids around the country dream of playing in tiger stadium. LSU puts tons of players in nfl (2nd in current nfl players to Bama). Does LSU cheat? Hell yeah, everyone does, but this isn't the main reason they're loading up imo

vCash
    Kids around the country dream of playing in tiger stadium. LSU puts tons of players in nfl (2nd in current nfl players to Bama). Does LSU cheat? Hell yeah, everyone does, but this isn't the main reason they're loading up imo
    I think the mystique of Tiger Stadium has died some but its def still one of the most well known brands in the country. I dont think anyone fears LSU the way they did in 2000 to 2011. That was a hell of a run for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I think the mystique of Tiger Stadium has died some but its def still one of the most well known brands in the country. I dont think anyone fears LSU the way they did in 2000 to 2011. That was a hell of a run for them
    As long as they have 90k attending the game it will be a special place.

vCash
    Mike D was talking on Bounds show about how this year they decided to recruit more nationally and how it's paid off. I'm sure they use the same plan of attack as the other big boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Mike D was talking on Bounds show about how this year they decided to recruit more nationally and how it's paid off. I'm sure they use the same plan of attack as the other big boys.
    Recruiting nationally is good for us

vCash
    It is if we can focus more on LA - it's been good to us over the years but last year we struggled there some. We could probably use a coach somewhere with strong LA ties if we don't already have one.

vCash
    Looking over the sec, only 3 teams (us, om, and vandy) don't have at least 2 composite 4-stars. If you go by avg per recruit, we're 13th in the sec. We are 5th in the sec, but it's just a numbers game right now... we have 2 more commits than every team below us.

The good news is there is a long way to go. I do wonder how many 4-stars we will be able to get with such a limited number in miss and most of them trending elsewhere. Who are some OOS 4-star guys that we have a legitimate shot at?

vCash
    So sending guys to the NFL, and playing the game(i.e. cheating like hell) isn't enough? ok they are a top 10 or 15 program. How's that?n It's not complicated.

vCash
    Looking over the sec, only 3 teams (us, om, and vandy) don't have at least 2 composite 4-stars. If you go by avg per recruit, we're 13th in the sec. We are 5th in the sec, but it's just a numbers game right now... we have 2 more commits than every team below us.

The good news is there is a long way to go. I do wonder how many 4-stars we will be able to get with such a limited number in miss and most of them trending elsewhere. Who are some OOS 4-star guys that we have a legitimate shot at?
    Heck, everything in football in such an uphill struggle for us with all of the recruiting hype to deal with and the extra incentives we don't see to offer as freely as some. Even when we get a guy and he is excited to commit it seems 2 months later he is ready to decommit to "weigh his options". Guess we are not even the favorite to get McKinley even with all of the first round DL we've had lately plus him having a former MSU football player as his HC and us signing his teammate this past class even though he was somewhat of a reach to be given an SEC football scholarship.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 05-13-2019 at 08:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Heck, everything in football in such an uphill struggle for us with all of the recruiting hype to deal with and the extra incentives we don't see to offer as freely as some. Even when we get a guy and he is excited to commit it seems 2 months later he is ready to decommit to "weigh his options". Guess we are not even the favorite to get McKinley even with all of the first round DL we've had lately plus him having a former MSU football player as his HC and us signing his teammate this past class even though he was somewhat of a reach to be given an SEC football scholarship.
    Doesn?t seem like we?re even in the mix

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    So sending guys to the NFL, and playing the game(i.e. cheating like hell) isn't enough? ok they are a top 10 or 15 program. How's that?n It's not complicated.
    Nah. My guess is that it's more than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Football recruiting is endlessly fascinating to me

vCash
    Diwun Black announced that he's headed to Juco instead of UF, like most predicted. He said "I wasn't post to graduate" so there's that. We'll get another chance to recruit him I guess, but I think he's burned all bridges with us.

vCash
    Diwun Black's trips to the UF campus are history. He was a spike for their recruiting rankings for much of the last cycle, and nothing more. I hope he gets the help he needs.

vCash
    Jo'Quavious Marks trending MSU, his verbal announcement is Monday. Paul likes it. What do we know?