Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    What's negative about discussing a real, actual trend in our recruiting right now?

Don't you figure it's important to have a presence in Alabama since they are in our recruiting foot print and Mississippi doesn't produce 25 SEC caliber players?

Under Mullen and with Collins, we got good players out of Bama. Benny, DeRunnya, Errol, Mixon, etc but we don't seem to have as much traction there right now and I'm not sure why.

Not being negative. Just bringing up worthy topics.
    None of those kids had committable offers from AU or Bama, or at least not until it was too late.

Our best chance at a kid from AL is that he is ranked as a high 3 star/low 4 star and AU/Bama don't have room. These kids can turn into great players, like the one's you mentioned earlier, but us grabbing an elite guy out of Bama just isn't gonna happen until we win more and hasn't happened under anyone's watch I can remember. We signed Duncan and Weatherspoon (and almost DJ James) this year. I don't see why this is "news" to you.

Ashford is wanted by virtually every school in the country. He is a top 150 player nationally and top 5 in AL.

It's like you don't understand that Alabama and Auburn are better programs than State.
    Last edited by Covercorner2; 02-07-2019 at 12:49 PM.

vCash
    What's negative about discussing a real, actual trend in our recruiting right now?

Don't you figure it's important to have a presence in Alabama since they are in our recruiting foot print and Mississippi doesn't produce 25 SEC caliber players?

Under Mullen and with Collins, we got good players out of Bama. Benny, DeRunnya, Errol, Mixon, etc but we don't seem to have as much traction there right now and I'm not sure why.

Not being negative. Just bringing up worthy topics.
    Because UA and AU didn't want those guys.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Almost half of this years signing class was from out of state. Which includes 2 Four Star players. Yet we don?t have traction ???
    True and over 90% of our signees hail from an area within a 300 mile radius of campus.....proximity is huge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    So you'll build up our hopes and then tell us I told you so when they don't sign...Hail YES!!!******************************************** ******************************************
    Yes because that’s exactly what I do..

vCash
    So you'll build up our hopes and then tell us I told you so when they don't sign...Hail YES!!!******************************************** ******************************************
    Like when quite a few people on this board were saying-no way Ealy signs with Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    True and over 90% of our signees hail from an area within a 300 mile radius of campus.....proximity is huge
    Smallest recruiting footprint in America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Smallest recruiting footprint in America.
    We're like Poland in WW2. The two greatest European European power on our West & Eastern boarders
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    We're like Poland in WW2. The two greatest European European power on our West & Eastern boarders
    Nice analogy! So damn true!

vCash
    So now that I've looked over some things... whats the early word on McKinnley Jackson?
    If there's ever a position we should be able to say... look. come here and we can turn you into a monster top 10 first rounder... it's DT.
    Of course Bama did just hire Baker away from us damnit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    So now that I've looked over some things... whats the early word on McKinnley Jackson?
    If there's ever a position we should be able to say... look. come here and we can turn you into a monster top 10 first rounder... it's DT.
    Of course Bama did just hire Baker away from us damnit...
    Need to get him to campus this spring and summer ... and just guessing unless he is a EE expect him to sign in Feb.

vCash
    Need to get him to campus this spring and summer ... and just guessing unless he is a EE expect him to sign in Feb.
    He’s definitely not an EE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    He’s definitely not an EE.
    Since he isn’t a EE, it probably best that 90% of posters on here need to steer clear of this recruitment ..

vCash
    Since he isn’t a EE, it probably best that 90% of posters on here need to steer clear of this recruitment ..
    I just saw Dylan Lawrence went to school with him. Well. that's something. He was on campus for the TAM game in Oct. Hopefully we can get him back soon.

vCash
    I just saw Dylan Lawrence went to school with him. Well. that's something. He was on campus for the TAM game in Oct. Hopefully we can get him back soon.
    They're cousins

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    They're first cousins, but it won't matter. He's not coming here.

vCash
    In no way does that surprise me.
    Well.. we will likely know by the Summer.

Moving on..

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Robby Ashford is likely UGA bound. Look for Brendon Lewis as the 2nd QB. He's probably the top QB target.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Robby Ashford is likely UGA bound. Look for Brendon Lewis as the 2nd QB. He's probably the top QB target.
    Check your Pm's please sir.

vCash
    I'd hold up on that. Bama is going to be the one to beat but I'm not ready to say not coming. Lot of Bama pull down there though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'd hold up on that. Bama is going to be the one to beat but I'm not ready to say not coming. Lot of Bama pull down there though.
    At some point, we have to win our own damn state, if we are going to take the next step as a program.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More