Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Do y’all think we will get Ty Simpson with Leach being here?

https://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Simpson-46056473/
    I'm not sure about this recruit specifically- but Westview is a very well-run program. I used to coach against them back when I coached in TN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We have something to legitimately sell.

QB and WR crooting should drastically improve.
    To be fair, our QB recruiting has been pretty good since Dak. It?s just a different type of QB than what Mike Leach is going to be looking at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    To be fair, our QB recruiting has been pretty good since Dak. It?s just a different type of QB than what Mike Leach is going to be looking at.
    Agree but it'll be better under Leach
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Agree but it'll be better under Leach
    Maybe, does Leach have a history of signing high rated qbs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    No, but he’s also never coached at a program that he can sell either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Don't know but he's never been at a school near highly rated QBs. I don't see any way he doesn't at least get visits with QBs he wants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I'm not sure about this recruit specifically- but Westview is a very well-run program. I used to coach against them back when I coached in TN.
    His dad played at MSU.

vCash
    Leach hitting the recruiting trail for 2022 hard. Seen a number of offers come out, but here's one for a QB. Nicco Marchiol. No composite on 24/7 but they have him rated a 90 overall. https://247sports.com/Player/Nicco-Marchiol-46084789/

Shows offers from Michigan, Kentucky, Utah, Georgia, Washington State, and Arizona.

The number of offers going out across the nation from us should be very encouraging. Leach is going to attract folks here. He may be our ticket to expanding our recruiting footprint into areas outside of our normal stomping grounds.

vCash
    Would think so if Leach wants him. I trust Leach with offense
    We've been behind a couple schools, so we'll see. Can't hurt. We aren't pulling a CO kid with blue blood offers, so I'm not getting wound up about that.

vCash
    Leach has offered 2021 QB Sawyer Robertson out of Lubbock, TX. He’s a 4 star grade. 50 TD passes as a junior.

vCash
    Leach has offered 2021 QB Sawyer Robertson out of Lubbock, TX. He’s a 4 star grade. 50 TD passes as a junior.
    I wonder if Leach has a connection?

Like, if he knows the family really well, we may actually get this kid

I can't wait to see what Leach does for our Texas recruiting. He's at least getting in the home & getting a visit with most of these kids that used to be a pipe dream
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 01-20-2020 at 10:47 PM.

vCash

I can't wait to see what Leach does for our Texas recruiting. He's at least getting in the home & getting a visit with most of these kids that used to be a pipe dream
    Mayden was a 4 star QB from TX. I'd just cool it a bit on Leach. I get you're excited but you're being dangerously optimistic here lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Mayden was a 4 star QB from TX. I'd just cool it a bit on Leach. I get you're excited but you're being dangerously optimistic here lately
    Uuuhhhh dude, in comparison Jalen Mayden had 98 total rushing and passing TDs in his high school varsity career. Sawyer Robertson has a total 93 TDs in rushing (5) and passing (88) in his career as a junior. The kid still has a whole season of high school left and he?s already 5 TDs behind with a less talented Texas team. That says something.
    Last edited by ejdallas322; 01-20-2020 at 11:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    Uuuhhhh dude, in comparison Jalen Mayden had 98 total rushing and passing TDs in his high school varsity career. Sawyer Robertson has a total 93 TDs in rushing (5) and passing (88) in his career as a junior. The kid still has a whole season of high school left and he?s already 5 TDs behind with a less talented Texas team. That says something.
    not quite sure how your takeaway was me saying the dudes not good but alright then

vCash

Leach's connection is every recruit knows that he is going to throw the ball 50 times a game and they're going to put up video game numbers.

It's really great for us because we traditionally have a hard time recruiting QB's and RB's because our image is that we run the ball all the time. Leach instantly changes that. And at the same time our reputation for developing good defensive players remains intact. Leach's o-line coach appears to be promising. I definitely agree with Leach's philosophy of bringing in five every year. It's just difficult to accurately assess offensive linemen and how they will develop over time. There's even risk with five star o-line recruits- albeit less than with a three star o-line prospect- relative to other positions.

The other thing I like about Leach is even if I'm way off here he has a reputation of taking guys that aren't blue chips and turning them into productive players at the QB and receiver position- also a big bonus for us.

With us being in the SEC and having the defensive reputation that we have the raw ingredients are there for Leach to take us- and him- to the next level.

vCash
    No, but he’s also never coached at a program that he can sell either.
    This is where having Dak helps us. And Gardner Minchew being coached by Leach helps us as well. It's also good that guys like Patrick Mahomes played in the Air Raid in college and are having success even though he wasn't coached by Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Some of you really need to stop this. It's brainless.

- Just because Mayden was a 4 from Texas and hasn't panned out yet doesn't mean we shouldn't recruit 4 stars from Texas

- Just because Stevens was a grad transfer QB and didn't pan out doesn't mean we shouldn't recruit grad transfer QBs

- Just because JoMo was an OC and didn't pan out doesn't mean we should never an OC again.

- We should recruit a 5'11" black QB because Damien Williams wasn't good.

Some of you play identity politics of sorts with players and it's absolutely brainless. Please post less if that's the idea you have in your head because you bring down the collective intellectual capacity of this board.

Players and evaluators are human. Sometimes things pan out and sometimes they don't. However, they're profile or where they're from has absolutely nothing to do with it. Some 4 stars have big offers and some don't. But for the love of sanity, please stop making any statements like the one you made above.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ejdallas322 View Post
    Not really. His stats have very little to nothing to do with how good of a Power 5 QB he'll be.

I'll tell you what means something: if you go watch this guy or any other QB in person or on film and they POP on the field. Meaning they do something that gives you goosebumps. That's usually a good sign.

I saw Mayden play in HS live. Good QB, solid QB, but did nothing at a level that gave you goosebumps or made you dream. Was a finished product

vCash
    Is Ty Keyes still a future dog? What can he do in Leach's system?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    - Just because Mayden was a 4 from Texas and hasn't panned out yet doesn't mean we shouldn't recruit 4 stars from Texas
    I think you misinterpreted that. That is not what he was saying at all.
    No Signature