Page 12 of 148 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not surprising. Herbert tops what we offer at qb
    Convincing a kid from the northeast to come to stk miss is beyond difficult. I said this when he hit the transfer portal and said we weren't getting the guy. We won't get anyone in the transfer portal that makes a difference on a yearly basis. One stray guy might happen but that's it. Just recruit and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We won't get anyone in the transfer portal that makes a difference on a yearly basis. One stray guy might happen but that's it. Just recruit and move on.
    Depressingly accurate. All these QBs and we can't get a single one to visit the offensive savant.

vCash
    We aren’t trying to recruit a transfer QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We aren?t trying to recruit a transfer QB
    I actually like this news. Makes me feel better about Moorhead being able to use key

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Convincing a kid from the northeast to come to stk miss is beyond difficult. I said this when he hit the transfer portal and said we weren't getting the guy. We won't get anyone in the transfer portal that makes a difference on a yearly basis. One stray guy might happen but that's it. Just recruit and move on.
    Yep, it's become much more difficult for us to get kids from far away places to MSU, since the internet and media have deemed it unstylish, and discount anything from rural America. Home grown Mississippi kids are usually the exception, and a few others here and there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Alex Adams from South Pike
    Hail State! Welcome young man!

vCash
    Jevon Banks reminds me of KJ Wright at Olive Branch when he was there.

Forbes is a big long kid reminds me of Jon Banks

And a 6'1 175 frame is pretty solid for a WR. If you cant see that then I cant help you

vCash
    Joquavious Marks doing some tweeting tonight with Will Rogers. Talking about how dangerous they would be together in the same backfield at MSU. He would be that RB we need. Niebuhr CB'd him to us.

https://247sports.com/Player/JoQuavious-Marks-46041108/

[tweet2]1096558661449728000[/tweet2]

--Added tweet - Scooba
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 02-15-2019 at 11:36 PM.

vCash
    I really like what we are doing in state so far. I have a feeling that this class is going to be better than originally expected. And it looks like Jo'Quavious Marks a four star running back is trending towards us as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I really like what we are doing in state so far. I have a feeling that this class is going to be better than originally expected. And it looks like Jo'Quavious Marks a four star running back is trending towards us as well.
    ^^^agree with this...what are.you hearing on Marks? Has he been on campus in 2019?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggie_Style View Post
    ^^^agree with this...what are.you hearing on Marks? Has he been on campus in 2019?
    He'll be here in the next month. Part of the excitement is coming from his tweet talking about how good he & Will Rogers would look in the MSU backfield. We're doing a really good job with him.

vCash
    Charles Cross was an UNKNOWN 3 star this same time last year and look where he ended up. it’s ****ing February.. The coaching staff knows how good and if these cats can play on the next level or not ..
    Stop worrying about what the so called experts have them ranked , the fake player profile should tell you all u need to know about that..

And yes we are very much in the game for Marks.. again give Coach Rich some time he has a lot of contacts and relationships built .. Another example of why its a MUST to have a few coaches on the staff that arent Mississippi lifers ..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 02-16-2019 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    Alright, damnit guys. Stop ruining this thread. Breaking out.. the crap...ONCE AGAIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Alright, damnit guys. Stop ruining this thread. Breaking out.. the crap...ONCE AGAIN
    Just leave it alone?

vCash
    Unless I missed it before. Alex Adams just got ranked.... 3* bumped us back up to #13 for the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Just leave it alone?
    Leaving it alone got it locked..and not by me.

This is a thread for discussing football recruiting. and no it doesn't have to always be positive..and it won't always be.

vCash
    I know it is super early, but just for conversational purposes, any names from out of state that have some early buzz? Obviously the RB, but anyone else?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I know it is super early, but just for conversational purposes, any names from out of state that have some early buzz? Obviously the RB, but anyone else?
    QB - Brendon Lewis (TX)
    RB - Jo'Quavious Marks (GA)
    TE - Dee Beckwith (AL)
    OL - Marcus Henderson (TN)
    OL - Ray Curry (TN)
    LB - Bryson Eason (TN)
    LB - Martavius French (TN)
    LB - Edggerin Cooper (LA)
    LB - Cam Riley (AL)
    CB - Jamie "Greedy" Vance (LA)

These are just a few off the top of my head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Unless I missed it before. Alex Adams just got ranked.... 3* bumped us back up to #13 for the moment.
    He also just picked up an offer from LSU.

vCash
    But our coaches and IYOK know nothing and he’s not impressive. LOL!
    We loading up on WRs and if we pull Marks and Banks we’ve filled our thin spots. DB is getting covered too. Just got to sign them up.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 02-16-2019 at 05:45 PM.