Page 103 of 148 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Anyways, back to recruiting..

If we were able to land Groce, Hill, and Hayes while keeping the current commits, that would be a strong finish to a solid class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    You're exactly right.

- Those players had stats & it did nothing for them. That's because they weren't physically good enough. However, for the players are good enough, stats effect draft status.

- You're totally right it doesn't matter what I think, but I can only assume that players are thinking rationally. If they aren't thinking rationally or if they just want to leave school hell or high water, then I can't account for that because it's an irrational move on their part.

I don't disagree with you all here. I just don't know Willie. I do understand this process though & know what I would advise the player to do if I were his agent.
    That's just it, you aren't his adviser. And they get and listen to bad advice all the time. Just like the others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Anyways, back to recruiting..

If we were able to land Groce, Hill, and Hayes while keeping the current commits, that would be a strong finish to a solid class.
    Groce looks like a lifetime ST player. Dude is so slow.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    I remember a LOT of people on here last recruiting cycle say that Plumlee was too slow for the SEC, but that kid has legit SEC speed and ability - maybe not necessarily at QB, but he belongs at this level.
    Groce may not have SEC speed, but if he's ranked that high, obviously he's got something working right.

vCash
    So looking at Groce's latest video are we sure he stays at LB, he looks a bit like AJ Jefferson to me. I know 6'1 isn't ideal for DE though.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    So looking at Groce's latest video are we sure he stays at LB, he looks a bit like AJ Jefferson to me. I know 6'1 isn't ideal for DE though.
    He's a LB

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    I remember a LOT of people on here last recruiting cycle say that Plumlee was too slow for the SEC, but that kid has legit SEC speed and ability - maybe not necessarily at QB, but he belongs at this level.
    Groce may not have SEC speed, but if he's ranked that high, obviously he's got something working right.
    Who said Plumlee didn't have SEC speed? They had obviously never seen him play. Everybody said he was a SEC Athlete but didn't think he was a SEC QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    People said he’s not a QB. He was one of the fastest guys in-State and a great athlete.

vCash
    No, it isn't. However, Billy Jackson was about that size and was one of our best.

vCash
    Groce’s problem is he’s a tweener. Not big enough for DE and too slow for LB. Keeping his weight down won’t be easy either. I just don’t see it. Looks like a move just to fill a spot that’s empty. We should’ve been on better guys OOS instead of wasting our time with the two we went after. It was a bad decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Groce’s problem is he’s a tweener. Not big enough for DE and too slow for LB. Keeping his weight down won’t be easy either. I just don’t see it. Looks like a move just to fill a spot that’s empty. We should’ve been on better guys OOS instead of wasting our time with the two we went after. It was a bad decision.
    It's hard for us to beat out Auburn and Tenn for Lb's.

vCash
    That’s just not how any of this works. We do that and miss on OOS guys people will lose it that we weren’t all over the “pipeline” guys who would have come here with an offer. Joe sucks as a coach but has proven he can get high star OOS guys, so when he doesn’t go after them here I feel like there’s a reason and he knows it would be wasting time and visits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    That?s just not how any of this works. We do that and miss on OOS guys people will lose it that we weren?t all over the ?pipeline? guys who would have come here with an offer. Joe sucks as a coach but has proven he can get high star OOS guys, so when he doesn?t go after them here I feel like there?s a reason and he knows it would be wasting time and visits.
    Well, we lost out on instate guys, so that?s worse. Most people knew we were wasting our time with them too. I?m not saying don?t offer instate guys, but when we?ve got a hole in a spot like LB, we need to cast a larger net. MS has no LBs this year. We failed to go after more guys OOS. The one we chased never even came to campus this fall and we knew had some issues. Just a poor job the last couple years at LB recruiting.

vCash
    Dean looked pretty good last night and seemed pretty big - are we sure he doesn't grow into a LB. He looks like a college safety now. Either way I think we got a good one there.

vCash
    Dean looked pretty good last night and seemed pretty big - are we sure he doesn't grow into a LB. He looks like a college safety now. Either way I think we got a good one there.
    Criminal that he only has 3 stars

vCash
    Walked by him close before the sp stk game and he doesn't look like he has the frame to ever be a lb. he's only 180-185 lbs per coach friend and woods and that sounded right. But dang, he a special player.

vCash
    Ok, I thought he looked a touch bigger and would have guessed around 190-200 with potential to add 15-20 more pounds. But that was from a distance.

He's going to be a good player for us though wherever we play him.

vCash
    Ok, I thought he looked a touch bigger and would have guessed around 190-200 with potential to add 15-20 more pounds. But that was from a distance.

He's going to be a good player for us though wherever we play him.
    Agree. Like him a lot. And everyone raves about what a great kid he is.

vCash
    My guess is Groce is not any slower than Errol and is probably already better than Leo...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    My guess is Groce is not any slower than Errol and is probably already better than Leo...
    He’s slower than Erroll. Ereoll’s problem is he’s trying to do too much and getting out of position. But neither are fast.