Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2950

Thread: THE 2020 MSU Football Recruiting Talk Thread

vCash
    Ok
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    All those guys had stats though.

NFL, MLB, & the NBA heavily utilize analytical models in their drafts. Those analytical models weight measurables, size, speed, shuttle drill, etc & they also weight position & advanced stats in their model that takes everything into account & shoots out a rough draft order from which scouts will make minor adjustments too.

All that being said, the players you mentioned all had stats & thus there was very little they could do to boost their draft stock by coming back, even though they should have.

In Gay's case, he lacks stats. He simply hasn't played enough at MSU to tally enough production to make the draft model like him near as much as they would if he came back & had a solid year next year

The absolute only reason Gay should/would leave this year is if he hates school so much that he can't take another year or his family financial situation is so bad that they would be homeless if he came back next year
    And those stats got them nothing. They were all told to come back. Well not jrob. None the less they left. It doesn't matter what YOU think it's what the individual wants to do. And yes it would be better if he came back. But that doesn't make it a certainty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    It's pretty well known that Errol will be back. It would be more than a shock if he declared.

Willie situation is a little tricky. He needs to come back but he doesn't really want to come back. If he declared he would end up a mid round pick because he's going to kill the combine. My hope is he realizes that another full year he could be a 1st Rd pick but it's a coin flip.

Glad you said it. Bc shotgun will argue wo knowing a damn thing. I'm trying to tell him there's a good chance Willie leaves ...can't tell him shit.

vCash
    It's pretty well known that Errol will be back. It would be more than a shock if he declared.

Willie situation is a little tricky. He needs to come back but he doesn't really want to come back. If he declared he would end up a mid round pick because he's going to kill the combine. My hope is he realizes that another full year he could be a 1st Rd pick but it's a coin flip.
    This.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Groce de-committed from Nebraska tonight.

vCash
    Groce de-committed from Nebraska tonight.
    Well that didn't take long

vCash
    Josiah Hayes just de-committed from OM.

vCash
    Josiah Hayes just de-committed from OM.
    Who’s the favorite to land?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Who’s the favorite to land?
    We'll be very involved with this 1.

vCash
    We'll be very involved with this 1.
    Think it could help get Jakivuan Brown back? We desperately need an OLB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Think it could help get Jakivuan Brown back? We desperately need an OLB
    We desperately need any linebackers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Agreed, why I wish they’d take Parker regardless of anything else happening.

vCash
    With the pending Groce commitment we need 1 more LB an OLB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's incredible to me how we end up in the these recruiting pits.

Weather it's WR, not signing a RB for 2 years, LB, or the gap in the DL talent, we just seem to always fall into a pit at certain positions. I don't get it.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My concern isn't Gay - its Thompson. He has the stats. Another season at MSU isn't going to improve his draft stock. He is an inside 3-4 LB and those guys don't get drafted high to begin with unless they freak athletes like Roquon or Bush last year. I don't see his draft stock improving so if he wants to go to the NFL, I think he leaves, leaving a massive hole in the middle of our defense.

As for Gay - if he thinks he could blow up a combine and sneak into round 3 - that's a lot of money. Its not likely, but that will be his thinking. Either way - we need to recruit the hell out of the LB position.

Do you not think that if he had Willie to play with out there with next year that would give him opportunity to improve his draft stock and improve his stats?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My concern isn't Gay - its Thompson. He has the stats. Another season at MSU isn't going to improve his draft stock. He is an inside 3-4 LB and those guys don't get drafted high to begin with unless they freak athletes like Roquon or Bush last year. I don't see his draft stock improving so if he wants to go to the NFL, I think he leaves, leaving a massive hole in the middle of our defense.

As for Gay - if he thinks he could blow up a combine and sneak into round 3 - that's a lot of money. Its not likely, but that will be his thinking. Either way - we need to recruit the hell out of the LB position.
    Thompson doesn't have the measurables. Thompson would just be leaving to leave.

IMO, when players like Thompson consider the NFL, they should choose the option that extends their football career as long as possible. Maybe learn to excel on special teams to increase your skill set

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Glad you said it. Bc shotgun will argue wo knowing a damn thing. I'm trying to tell him there's a good chance Willie leaves ...can't tell him shit.
    Sure.... I don't know anything.

I don't know Willie, but I understand this process better than most anyone on this board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Ok
    And those stats got them nothing. They were all told to come back. Well not jrob. None the less they left. It doesn't matter what YOU think it's what the individual wants to do. And yes it would be better if he came back. But that doesn't make it a certainty.
    You're exactly right.

- Those players had stats & it did nothing for them. That's because they weren't physically good enough. However, for the players are good enough, stats effect draft status.

- You're totally right it doesn't matter what I think, but I can only assume that players are thinking rationally. If they aren't thinking rationally or if they just want to leave school hell or high water, then I can't account for that because it's an irrational move on their part.

I don't disagree with you all here. I just don't know Willie. I do understand this process though & know what I would advise the player to do if I were his agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Sure.... I don't know anything.

I don't know Willie, but I understand this process better than most anyone on this board
    I'm curious about why this is so.

Not trying to argue or say you aren't. I'm just genuinely curious about what reasons you have to be able to claim this.

vCash
    We need to add a battering ram RB to the roster - we don't have one and that's a miss on our roster right now to me. When it's 3rd and 2 we need somebody that will lower their head and move the pile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StateDawg44 View Post
    I'm curious about why this is so.

Not trying to argue or say you aren't. I'm just genuinely curious about what reasons you have to be able to claim this.
    Because it’s rumored he’s a baseball scout of some kind. He’ll have to elaborate...